Gerard Butler Hits Whitney Studio Party

Gerard Butler Hits Whitney Studio Party

Gerard Butler suits up for the 2009 Whitney Studio Party at The Whitney Museum of American Art on Monday (October 19) in New York City.

Earlier in the day, the 39-year-old Scottish actor dropped by It’s On With Alexa Chung. He admitted he got starstruck by Robert DeNiro and Dame Shirley Bassey, who sang the theme song to the James Bond film Goldfinger (1964).

15+ pictures inside of Gerard Butler @ the 2009 Whitney Studio Party

gerard butler whitney studio party 13
gerard butler whitney studio party 14
gerard butler whitney studio party 15

Ethan Miller/Getty

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 1015 » Show All
cubedweller @ 10/20/2009 at 5:19 pm

I would guess he knew ahead of time what was going to be asked, so he could not have been surprised. I think very little is improvised on those shows. That’s what his PR people are for. But why they don’t stick a muzzle on him I don’t know. He wants attention, and today he got it.

ManLESSton, I likely @ 10/20/2009 at 5:21 pm

@cubedweller: ITAWY!

girly girl @ 10/20/2009 at 5:21 pm

@oy: You are not alone in your opinion. Keep posting. You say it better than anyone else could. Gerry’s got some serious problems. If the people around him are his “yes” peeps then maybe his fans, yeah I’m a fan, can knock some sense into him in our own small way.

The threesome was maybe with the two women dressed as vampires that he was “seen” leaving with at last year’s party in Jennifer Hudson’s house. I usually like how open he is, but this is a tad too much. He should have kept that info to himself.

To postwatcher @ 10/20/2009 at 5:42 pm

@postwatcher: You have no idea what he’s had to deal with. Maybe he is single for a reason. For all you know, he could have experienced more pain and struggle in his life than most would if they lived to be 100. That’s right, you don’t know. None of us know because he’s a stranger to us, you imbecile.

Please pay the same careful attention to your own sad little life instead of obsessing over a certain actor’s relationship status for 24 hrs of the bloody day. Get a hobby, eat some cake, have some sex, swing from the chandelier, moonwalk. I don’t care, do anything. As long as we don’t have to read your moronic list posts anymore I’ll be happy..

threesome @ 10/20/2009 at 5:43 pm

maybe they were with two other men.

Does everyone @ 10/20/2009 at 5:45 pm

Believe everything he says? Geez.

the brooooom @ 10/20/2009 at 5:52 pm

Bro’s just following doctor’s orders. Sex does a body good. Dig?

postwatcher @ 10/20/2009 at 6:02 pm

@To postwatcher:

Pain and struggle? Stumbling out of trendy bars? Traipsing around Europe? Going to fashion shows? Speeding away from said bars in a cheesy small *ick car? Wearing stupid hats with farm animals on them? Yeah, life is hard.

The point of my original post is to counter the argument that all you lame fans have that he is hiding his girlfriends because he doesn’t want to hurt his career.

You guys have him on this pedestal as some kind of romantic hero when in reality he is a zero!

Gerard is Nasty @ 10/20/2009 at 6:06 pm

First off, he looked better before the Botox.
Now he truly looks like a QUEEN.

ARE YOU referring to the BOYFRIEND that works for him? There is no girlfriend, honey.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Stinkylouise @ 10/20/2009 at 6:16 pm

What’s the big deal? He’s a manwh*re. No surprise. The rumours of his sexcapades have been circulating for years. All he did was confirm what alot of us have believed for some time.
This also gives a certain amount of credibility to the Philly “herding” stories.LOL

Simply amazed @ 10/20/2009 at 6:25 pm

Oh Post, You are lame. Since he doesn’t drink, he isn’t stumbling out of anywhere.

OMG, no! He doesn’t go to Europe, does he? How absolutely depraved.

Bet most everyone here would like to own a car like one of his. Jealous cause you can’t afford one?

Don’t lump all his fans with those who think he’s hiding a GF because of his career. I’m a fan and I don’t think that. If he does date under the radar it’s to keep the paps off his back. It’s none of my business or yours anyway. And I don’t have him up on a pedestal nor do I wallow in the beauty of his soul. He’s much more interesting as a human being who makes mistakes and also has successes just like everyone else. It just happens his successes and mistakes are talked about endlessly on fan boards, gossip sites and by twittering nutcases. Amen.

who hasn't been there? @ 10/20/2009 at 6:33 pm

Oh wait. I forgot, that’s Sienna Miller. Never mind, false alarm.

cubedweller @ 10/20/2009 at 6:35 pm

@Stinkylouise: Ah the Philly Blogger – good times. LOL

JJ, thanks for the item and the pics! I nefver tire of looking and hearing about Gerard. He was great on SNL, and he did really well for model-boring-anorexic Alexa’s questions. It still amazes me that some posters waste their time coming over and over and over espousing their vitriol…If you hate the man so much, don’t bother coming to this great site. As Shakespeare wrote, “Methinks yo doth protest too much.” People that obsess about an actor out of adoration is one thing, but you’re obsessing about the ame actor but with poisoned darts. Why? He must really interst you on some level…I also think it odd that those who used to rail about his frownlines in his forhead, now damn him for possibly having some work done. And…I hate to tell you, but “40″ is not that old. Not nowadays when the 100 year-olds are a bigger group than ever before. Haven’t you heard? 40 is the new 30, and allthe way up and down the age ladders. Most of the current big male stars are in their mid-forties and up..Gery is one of the younger ones. A man in his forties is just getting into his prime…unless he’s in a professional sports arena. And if a handsome, talented, funny,, intelligent, hunky 40 year old wants to date a 20 something? So what? Michael Landon married a woman 23 years younger, and was happy until his dath; Kevin C. married a 20 -plus younger girl; Clooney is dating somone way younger; Pitt is over 12 years older than Jolie; 40 is a young man..People consider Obama a young man, and he’s seven years older. Therefore, those posters who make this claim must b prepubescent teens..And gay comments? Those posters must be gay -inclined and hoping that GB is, too. I love the guy! I only wish him a hpapy and rewarding life. And one last thing for now: saying yo were part of a threesome..who cares? The “kids” in that audience looked like they came off the set of A Clockwork Orange…I don’t think GB is harming their delicate natures. Give us more, JJ>

Stinkylouise @ 10/20/2009 at 6:50 pm

I feel sorry for that poor blogger. He had no idea what he was getting into. I was reading the comments just as all h*ll broke loose. The fangirls were out for blood.LOL

oy

STFU. What’s your sad life brought you? Come here to dump your venom on some actor who doesn’t give you time of the day? You are wasting your time trying to make people hate GB. The harder you try the more ridiculous and pathetic you sound. Did your mom desert you at birth or were you used up by men so you turned into a bitter small-minded and hateful person? You are a very sick and sad existence. Your effort is futile so stop trying. You don’t gain respect by trashing.

Who gives a rat’s a**s about 3some or 4some or muti-some? Tons of married people are doing it behind their partners’ back. GB is single and not in relationship of any sort. If that’s the lifestyle he likes, who are you to judge?

Downlowinfo @ 10/20/2009 at 7:07 pm

The only people making a big deal of Gerry and the threesome comment are his over the top fans, and the trolls come on here and get them all riled up, LOL!

I’ve heard some fans say, oh he’s just joking about the threesome. Why? Because it tugs at their moral fiber that ole Gerry may like to get mildly freaky. It also disturbs the fantasies that they’ve built up in their head of him being a swashbuckling hero that will take them away from their reality. Oh yeah, and just because you may’ve met him while he was working (movie premiere’s, talk shows, etc) does not mean you know him. I’m sure timeclock Gerry and after work Gerry are two different animals.

I’m still a fan, but I tend not to set my moral compass by what someone else is doing. For the over the top, easily offended crazies don’t let anyone else be your moral compass.

He’s a great actor that is living his dream. I don’t know too many people that wouldn’t take advantage of some of the same trappings of wealth and fame that he has acuired. JMO

ManLESSton, I likely @ 10/20/2009 at 7:24 pm

who hasn’t been there? @ 10/20/2009 at 6:33 pm Wait..Megan Fox hasn’t f***ked him? You’re are telling me there exists a Hollywood **** out there that hasn’t been inside her herpes-infested yeast flap yet? Isn’t that some sort of Guinness world record? Are we sure she’s still alive? Someone should go check she is still f***king breathing. And isn’t she like the Hollywood ****-sucking marathon champion for three years running or something?

Oh wait. I forgot, that’s Sienna Miller. Never mind, false alarm.
==================
D@MN GIRL, THAT IS FUNNY!
Stinky, I was reading the blogger at the time and I couldn’t believe how insane that got. Those women were out for blood.
Downlowinfo, IAWY. Some people really do project what they want him to be and then get really worked up about him being himself. Live and let live.
Shout out to the gals, Stinky, Amen, Giggles, Cubedweller, Jill, Curious Cat and the rest. Mr. Giggles, thanks for the links. I couldn’t find any last night. You never fail. Glad you are feeling better.

There is some serious ID Theft on this board which has gone way out of hand in a very malicious way. Whoever is posing as ‘STFU’ is a troll and an email of complaint has been lodged. Yesterday.

Is Butler dating Shakira now? lol

great post from the tmz comments section
————————————————————–
Gerry, you’re a little boy! And if you need 2 women to find pleasure in sex, then it means you’re sleeping with immature girls who know nothing about sex.

A real woman would exhaust you and you’d never go back to immature 20-something anorexic models!

Many men who have done it with a real curvy woman with experience will tell you they’d never go back to younger anorexic women because those could never satisfy them.

One bit of advice: grow up! It’s ridiculous at 40 to try and act like an 18-year teenage boy! Eventually something won’t get up and stay hard and your little sex toys will mock you and leave you!

Posted at 6:25PM on Oct 20th 2009 by LittleBoy

Simply amazed @ 10/20/2009 at 7:54 pm

Prime example of people who are too stupid to realize he wasn’t being serious.

Vanessa Bell @ 10/20/2009 at 7:56 pm

I have to laugh at some of the posts suggesting that because he doesn’t have a steady girlfriend “that we know of” that he is gay.

How preposterous is that? I believe that those comments are probably reflecting wishful thinking on some homosexual men’s parts. There is nothing wrong witth fantasizing about someone but don’t try to make an obviously straight man who loves women, into a gay man when he is not. The man is definitely not gay.

Gerard is sexy, intelligent, charming, successful and rich. He is what many would refer to as a Casanova, a womanizer, a player, or playboy.

Why on earth would he with all of the opportunity he has to be with as many beautiful women as a man could possibly dream of, settle down with one woman??
He doesn’t have to, the world is his for the taking. He has opportunities other men could only dream of and he is taking full advantage of this, his status as a successful good-looking celebrity.

Lastly, I find it very amusing to read some of the posts here supposedly claiming that they or some close friends of theirs know Gerard intimately.
I don’t believe that any woman who has had the opportunity to be with this or any other celebrity would talk about her experiences via this forum. To those who engage in telling tall tales of celebrity rendezvous you are just fooling yourselves.

Pages: « 14 5 6 [7] 8 9 1015 » Show All