Natalie Portman Speaks Out on 'Eating Animals'

Natalie Portman Speaks Out on 'Eating Animals'

Natalie Portman takes to the Huffington Post to write about how author Jonathan Safran Foer (Everything Is Illuminated) and his book Eating Animals changed her already strict vegetarian habits to go even more extreme.

Now, the 28-year-old actress writes, she’s a vegan activist: “[T]his book reminded me that some things are just wrong. Perhaps others disagree with me that animals have personalities, but the highly documented torture of animals is unacceptable, and the human cost Foer describes in his book, of which I was previously unaware, is universally compelling.”

Natalie, who has been voted the World’s Sexiest Vegetarian by PETA, refuses to wear leather or fur and is a huge animal rights advocate.

Read more from Natalie at the HuffingtonPost.com.

ABC

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » Show All

Wow! Now there are even bigger problems that come to light as result of all this…. What on earth are we going to do about all those other animals that eat animals? Our jails are going to be so over populated… can humans and beasts actually co-exist in jail???? How do we open those lines of communication with the animal kingdom? Is a lion really going to listen to us about how he kills (tortures?) a zebra for food? Does anyone even know how to speak ‘lion’?

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen pics of Natalie at the beach. How dare she invade the habitat of so many animals! And those shark nets… Don’t even get me started on the problems our fellow sea creatures face!

I hope you all get my point… :)

twistedculture @ 10/28/2009 at 1:14 am

Is it morally justifiable to kill anything?

She is beautiful and intelligent and talented. Stop hating ppl just because YOU are ugly inside and out, you’re just jealous. I am on her side, cause I love animals too

I love her! Lovely, thoughtful, and kind!

I love meat. She needs to stfu.

@@22:

are you stupid?

@marie:

No are you. Peta do go too far and thats my opinion. I don’t appreciate being called something because you don’t agree

veingelina Jolie @ 10/28/2009 at 7:35 am

That’s fine, if this is what she believes, I’ll respect that. However I hope she will repect my beliefs in return. After the flood God tells Noah, “I give you every animal that has the breath of life as food, as well as the herbs.”

What about the human beings – including old people, women and children – in Gaza who have been walled in and now had their water supply blocked by her homeland, Israel in contravenance to international human rights laws? Nothing to say about that, Gnat?

@59 and 60 @ 10/28/2009 at 8:05 am

What about innocence killed in Israel by Palestinians, and all the Israeli’s do is deny them water? God said eye for an eye, and thy shall not kill.

@59 and 60 @ 10/28/2009 at 8:08 am

Natalie Portman is undeniably the most influential and beautiful young actress comparing to most losers, however, she does not run the world. How is it that she alone is responsible for every statement PITA makes and every petition signed by powerful HW directors and what America or Israel do to Arabs. Can some one answer that, please?

@59 and 60 @ 10/28/2009 at 8:10 am

Natalie Portman did not apply for an award, PITA selected her, how is it her fault.

@59 and 60 @ 10/28/2009 at 8:11 am

Natalie Portman is an American citizen residing full time in the United States. Why is she responsible for problems in other countries.

An ‘eye for an eye’, 61? Well then the Palestinian’s will be entitled to shut off all water supply to Israel under ‘fair rules of war’? You are an idiot. P.S. an eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

Palestinians would have done it if they could. You think for a moment that they would not destroy the entire country of Israel if they could. And as to god, @59 you brought it up first, I merely showed her how ridiculous it is. Israel does not follow the eye for an eye rule.

Anyway, how is NP responsible for what Israel does, she works helping women through FINCA. I never heard of her being on some sort of committee to support Israel.

You really have to admire Natalie Portman, she is only 28 years old and some how we are not talking about her shopping habits but rather world problems.

I’d rather not discuss her shopping habits, 68. Her sense of style is abysmal!

What is wrong with her style? She is casual and comfortable and she always makes excellent choices for public appearances. I love her style. She was on the cover of InStyle magazine as a fashion icon.

66- “Israel does not follow the eye for an eye rule.”
………………….
No, Israel follows the ‘eight eyes for an eye’ rule. (Look up the figures of Israeli casualties versus Palestinian).

I don’t know where to look them up, why don’t you give them to me, bc what you are saying does not make any sense, Israel has an army with tanks and planes, they could have leveled Palestinians by now, instead they give them 3billion a year in financial aid. I bet you did not know that.

I would also like to know what it has to do with Natalie Portman? Is she a policy maker or is she in the government of some sort. What the hell are you talking about and why?

In World War II more Germans were killed than British and Americans combined, but there is no doubt in anyone’s mind that the war was caused by Germany’s aggression. And in response to the German blitz on London, the British wiped out the entire city of Dresden, burning to death more German civilians than the number of people killed in Hiroshima.

This is how wars work, kill or be killed.

That dress is not a good choice for her. It looks like her nipple is about to make a break for it through the gap.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » Show All