Taylor Swift: Longest Charting Album of This Century!

Taylor Swift: Longest Charting Album of This Century!

Taylor Swift is solidifying her spot in history books this week, claiming the Billboard record for the longest charting album of this CENTURY.

Released in October of 2006, the 19-year-old country singer’s self-titled debut CD now spends its 157th week on Billboard’s Top 200 albums chart, more weeks on the chart than any album this decade, surpassing the record previously held by Nickelback. That’s AMAZING!

Swifty will also be the host AND musical guest on Saturday Night Live this weekend. Don’t forget to tune in at 11:30PM ET/PT this Saturday on NBC!

Congrats, T!!! Lovelovelove, -JJ-

ABC

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Love her!!!
It couldn’t happen to a sweeter girl.

Even though all the awards she won she is still so modest & seems very sweet in interviews.

She’s awesome.

Joseph Adam Daniels @ 11/02/2009 at 11:53 am

Daughtry’s got took off the list when he was #133, he was almost ahead of her, why did he get taken off? this is bullshizer.

As much as I love Taylor Swift, I don’t understand how she’s getting all this. I mean, she’s a great singer, but I think everything’s being taken overboard. People are starting to act like she is drop dead amazing, and, to me, it’s getting annoying.

Her music is cute, but I wouldn’t consider it to be world changing. She is singing about basically the same thing many other teens sing about these days: and it’s mostly about heartbreak if you read her lyrics.

But this is my own opinion, so I won’t expect anyone else to agree with me.

She sucks! She can’t sing, she’s cocky, and she looks like a chipmunk. She needs to go away!

I’m just glad she took Nickelback’s title. Man they suck.

awh; this is awesome. she totally deserves this, i love her to pieces (:

congrats Taylor. both your albums are really good

she seems cool and all, but she is suffering from overexposure now. really getting sick of her. just sayin.

ConcernedSoul @ 11/02/2009 at 12:53 pm

Jennifer, I couldn’t agree more with your comment. Thank you for that. As you said, she’s a talented singer-songwriter, especially given her age, however I don’t believe she’s anything special, she’s precisely like all the other teens out there singing about boys.

love love love taylor swift :). to the haters- at least she’s better than nickelback.

Everyone Wants My Lucky Charms @ 11/02/2009 at 1:08 pm

I love Taylor!!! She is a real role model for girls. It’s very nice to see such a good person becoming successful. She really deserves it.

Babe_luv_ya @ 11/02/2009 at 1:24 pm

She is overrated

@Jennifer: It’s not just her music, or lyrics, it’s the fact that she’s a new kind of artist. She is also a human being, a person who is reachable by the people. That’s new. That’s why she’s getting all this.

i agree with all the level headed ******* on this board. a new of kind of artist? great! can she sing? no. the end

fattypantz @ 11/02/2009 at 1:53 pm

She seems sweet but I don’t understand all the attention :(

@dundies:

She is a new kind of artist and she seems to have a very sweet personality but she can not sing very well at all.

@Alice:

I would have to disagree. I like Taylor’s music as well but it is not groundbreaking. She’s a good artist but I don’t see anything unique or amazing in her voice and what she has produced. People in the past that used to receive these titles were people like Micheal Jackson, Aretha Franklin, Annie Lennox, unique and groundbreaking artists who shook the industry. Taylor is not one of them. I do like her though, I can see her appeal but I am being as honest as possible. I don’t want to offend anybody but people really need to take the time to think about her music. Not how cute she is, how pretty she is or how nice she is but her music. Because that is what being a musician is about, producing great songs.

lokomotor @ 11/02/2009 at 2:02 pm

@Jennifer: @Jennifer:

You’re right:I don’t agree with you at all.
———————————————————–
Why is she popular and having so much success? Simple : people like her music and LOVE her so they keep buying her music and keeping her albums in the charts.The people have spoken by voting with their wallets and pushing Taylor into the record books.
————————————————————
Why does it bother you how successful she is–since you claim you like her?If you think someone else is more deserving, here’s a suggestion : go buy that artist’s album and help them break Taylor’s record of 157 weeks..

lokomotor @ 11/02/2009 at 2:12 pm

@awurbii:

Stop being naive.Image/looks contributes just as much to the success of an artist as the music.If not,all artists would not bother releasing music videos.Michael Jackson and Annie Lennox became popular not just due to their music but also due to their groundbreaking music videos.
——————————————————
And don’t forget MJ/Annie Lennox reached their artistic peak at age 30-40 years.So it’s a bit unfair to compare 19 yr old Taylor’s work to their best work at age 35.Let’s give Taylor some time to develop as an artist before comparing their music.

She can’t sing? Haha, that’s funny. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlcJGWiAU0E

She writes her music, plays guitar and sings, and has managed to successfully cross pop and country. THAT’S why she has all this. Whether you like country music or pop music, Taylor Swift covers it, and she does it with relateable lyrics, catchy tunes, and charm. She’s a really talented artist. She’s not the greatest singer, but she truly has a gift with music.

@lokomotor:

I never said that I didn’t understand why she is famous. I am aware of how image and looks contribute to an artist but many people are confusing her talent with her appeal. There are some people out there that are still passionate about music. I don’t believe that looks contribute completely to the appeal of an artist because I believe that there are people out there who see through that. Let me explain.

Many people say they love Taylor because she appears to be down to earth and easier to relate to. When I made my comment I was not talking about her appeal as a celebrity, I was talking about her appeal as a musician. It was on the basis of that that I was creating my opinion. That is why I said that people need to take a second to look past the popularity. If I was not aware do you honestly think I would have made that statement?

It is true, Michael Jackson and Annie Lennox’s music videos did contribute to their successes but isn’t that part of the art? Annie Lennox did reach her peak at an older age. Michael Jackson on the other hand received some success at the age in his childhood and early twenties. Yes, Taylor is younger and maybe I should not be comparing her to those artists but that is exactly my point. Those artists had to grow to reach their success. Taylor received hers before her growth. At the moment she is still a beginner artist. There are many artist who have been through those stages and are producing amazing songs but they can not reach that status because artists like Taylor Swift are producing songs that appeal to teenagers and young crowds (my generation) who these days are usually more interested in the celebrity than the artist. But like I said there are some people out there who still care about music. Her appeal being great does not make her deserving of her title as a musician. Believe it or not, there is a difference between the two.

Of course that is a personal opinion of mine and not everybody has to agree with it.

#5 post your pic here. i bet u look like a pig. go buy some cds of your idol paris hilton. maybe you can help break taylor’s record.
#20 obviously you have no idea what the music industry is all about. lol now tell me what “groundbreaking” artists’ cds u have actually bought.
don’t you just love teenagers? they are always bitter. ha

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All