Rihanna is The-Back-On-Top Superstar, Says Glamour

Rihanna is The-Back-On-Top Superstar, Says Glamour

Rihanna is being honored as “The Back-On-Top Superstar” at tonight’s Glamour “Women Of The Year” awards ceremony.

JustJared.com is at the ceremony now and this is what the program reads about the 21-year-old superstar:

Every once in a while, a pop star comes along who is so magnetic, her music so utterly everywhere, that the world can’t take its eyes off her. Today that superstar is Robyn Rihanna Fenty. At 21 she has four number-one hits to her name and has sold more than 12 million albums, a number that’s soaring yet higher with the release of this month’s Rated R.

Adored for her distinctive fashion sense, Rihanna is more than just a style icon: In 2006 she quietly started the Believe Foundation, which provides education and medical supplies to needy children, and she has personally helped two leukemia sufferers find the bone marrow matches they needed to live. She has even turned her own trauma this year into something positive.

“Women can learn from that,” she says. “I feel like I represent a voice that really isn’t heard.”

Congrats, Rihanna!

ABC

You GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Riri.
:D

Where is the ceremony Jared? LA or NY? And any scoop on which celebs will be there?

**JAMIE** @ 11/09/2009 at 8:00 pm

I love the Glamor magazine cover. It shows her cool style but she looks gorgeous instead of grungy.

I think she did the interview with Diane Sawyer as a part of accepting this award, because she is supposed to be a role model.

Either way, she deserves it after the crrap she went through, no woman deserves to be beaten. But i’m still giving Chris Brown another chance.

Does this blog get paid to post about this girl?

I can’t believe they put this fool woman on the cover of their magazines. The only thing she promotes in making money! Pimp out your relationship when you need to sell records. Has she done ANYTHING to help the domestic violence cause? No. She’s just out there trying to sell records. She’s not as theatrical as Lady Gaga and not as talented as Beyonce so now we’ve got to listen to her use her relationship to sell albums. I thought Michelle Obama was Woman of the Year! How to go from Michelle Obama to this idiot?

I feel bad that she got beat up, but she hasn’t done a single thing to warrant an award. If she’d spent some time speaking on the issue, it would be one thing but she didn’t do any interviews until the week before the awards.

There is a kickback going on…three threads about Rihanna so far today. The label pays very well.

@wendy: In New York. Are they really giving her a Woman of the Year award?

@lexy: I thought it was Michelle too. She is on the new Glamour cover.

IDIOTS read. they are giving her the “The Back-On-Top Superstar” AWARD

Women of the Year awards is the name of the event

Rihanna needs to speak about female pattern baldness.

Hum hum, HATERZ HATERZ U CAN’T STOP TO HATE ON DIS GURL!!
SHE IS A TALENTED ( YA , remember 05 -06, when everibody said , dis bajan girl is veri sweet and talented, she will be like Bee or otherz).
AND A GOOD PERSON, SHE CREATED HER ASSOCIATION BELIEVE IN 2006 .
SHE DESERVE IT!! Why ? MAYBE Cause SHE STILL STRONG EVEN IF SINCE ALL THIS DRAMA.
LOVE U , RIH . GOD BLESS

maison martin margiela @ 11/09/2009 at 8:35 pm

You go riri, let the haters be your motivators. How many lives have you haters saved??Where is your foundation?? Just talking out your asses, why don’t you losers get off you couch and help someone like her, then you can criticize.

hey Lexy, BACKOFF
AND ALL HATERZ

She could be a hero to women if she told her story.

There are so many women who do great things and they give this girl an award. Sad that celeb sells, but didn’t they give an award to Katie Holmes too?

No, Rihanna is recieving one of the “Women of The Year” awards.
I think she deserves it. Girl has gone through a tremednous battle this year, and has helped many just recently with her interview.

not a big fan of her music, but love the girl

@rih4ever: It’s nice that she put her name on the organization’s title but what does she contribute besides the occasional hospital visit/photo-op? I’m not even a big Jolie fan, but that woman is always donating something or flying in to visit refugees. Has she ever been honored by Glamour?

A few interviews don’t warrant a Women of the Year award. If she had been throughout the year to help women in her situation, it would be a good choice but it doesn’t make sense if they’re giving her this award for speaking this week about domestic violence.

She is not what comes to mind when I think of Women of the Year winners. I think Glamour invited her because she’s high profile now and they wanted the publicity.

DirtyDiana @ 11/09/2009 at 8:50 pm

Congrats to Rihanna!!

How much money has this foundation raised? I read it’s associated with Def Jam.

@marissa: No, it’s a category that is part of the whole Women of the Year ceremony like Supporting Actress at the Oscars.

Agree, I don’t understand why they’re giving her an award when she’s done so little for women prior to this week.

let the right one in @ 11/09/2009 at 9:03 pm

I hope she takes something away from this and actually does some activism.

Congrats to Rihanna!!

Love you girl!!!

And to the haters listen to Hard. She talks about you

While u girls talk trash she’s still making her money!!

maison martin margiela @ 11/09/2009 at 9:19 pm

She has donated plenty, as the article states she does so quietly. Not to draw attention to herself in a look at me type of fashion. You guys are being unfair to state she doesn’t deserve it, I’m sure the powers that be have more in depth info than we do. Stop being so damn mean this girl has gone thru hell by that thug CB.

@maison martin margiela: How much has she donated? I can’t find any figures and it sounds like the foundation was set up by her record company. It’s really easy to set that type of thing up. Celebrities lend their names to causes all the time. But how much she contributes seems unknown.

congrats riri, good girl

maison martin margiela @ 11/09/2009 at 9:37 pm

I don’t know, but neither do those people talking trash about her. But she has a foundation, which could be funneling money into her accounts she’s doing some good. Also, she helped two girls get lifesaving bone marrow. You say Def Jam set it up. I wouldn’t doubt it. She was 18 at the time it was set up. She’s a very young girl trying to do some good. And she was very brave to rectify her mistake with that **** CB and tell young girls to get out of DV situations. Thats huge stats for a 21 year old girl. Thats all I’m saying.

@lexy: I’ve got to agree with you all the way, this girl is truly all about money and an attitude to go with it, it’s a wonder she got beaten up.

tracy henry @ 11/10/2009 at 8:50 am

@lexy:

lexy u’re such an idiot, u write with no knowledge, u should be ashamed of yourself

Manya Gelispie @ 11/10/2009 at 10:32 am

I have worked with victims of DV, this girl is a joke and this is so disrespectful, I have no respect for this over rated, non singing trick, she is a bad joke, How dare this girl use such a tragic device as DV to sell records and all of these so called stars calling her brave is to be expected. She needs to work one day in a battered women’s shelter, she wanted other singers to join her tour calling it women power, no one want to go on tour with her. wonder why she needs to go away.

@Wings: well… as far as i know she started the fight. I think it’s unfair they blame CB for it when they are both guilty. If a woman punches a man, thats fine but if it goes the other way around then its wrong?? no no no! both things are wrong and CB shouldnt be cruxified alone for it.