Rihanna: Surprise Guest At Jay-Z Concert

Rihanna: Surprise Guest At Jay-Z Concert

Rihanna makes a surprise appearance at Jay-Z‘s concert at UCLA in Los Angeles on Sunday night (November 8).

The 21-year-old Bajan songstress performed “Run This Town” with Jay-Z and sang her new song “Hard” for the very first time! The new tune (featuring Young Jeezy) is off of Rihanna‘s upcoming fourth studio album, Rated R, out November 20.

Check out Rihanna‘s two performances below!

FYI: Rihanna will be on It’s On With Alexa Chung TODAY @ 3:30PM ET/PT on MTV.

Rihanna & Jay-Z – “Run This Town,” 11/8

Rihanna – “Hard,” 11/8

Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

She is out every night.

Rihanna was in Los Angeles on Sunday…Isn’t MTV filmed in New York?
Sounds like it was planned in advance if she’s jetting back and forth between coasts.

Her voice is very nasal and I haven’t heard anything from that album yet that would make me want to buy it…

enoughalready @ 11/09/2009 at 12:02 pm

This is talent? Why does he keep trying to put this girl in someones face. Instead of pushing her in it he should be making her learn how to do it.. Not good at all vocals and that’s what people were waiting on?

It sounds more like screaming than singing.

Rihanna doesn’t sound very good live.

That’s not much of a song — just Rihanna singing “yeah, yeah, yeah” and “so hard…”

maison martin margiela @ 11/09/2009 at 12:10 pm

Beautiful performance. This album is going to be huge.

Not a good surprise.
All that screeching.
The poor audience.

Are there any other songs released. I’ve heard three so far and none of them are very good.

What about guest singers? Isn’t she collaborating with other artists on the CD?

I just hear a bunch of Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Not a lot of lyrics to this song?

Movie Watcher @ 11/09/2009 at 12:25 pm

No surprise.
Rihanna never sounds good live.

I did try to listen to “Hard” but I couldn’t pass the first 30 sec. Her voice is horrible.
The part with Jay-Z was relatively ok, but I have to agree with “enoughalready”: they should stop shoving Rihanna’s talenless face down people’s throats.
And please. This hair needs to stop. It’s one thing to be an individual and edgy and stuff, but that woman can’t live up to it.

cool spotter @ 11/09/2009 at 12:31 pm

I think Rihanna is overexposed. She should have kept a lower profile before promoting her album. It’s like we see her every day.

enoughalready @ 11/09/2009 at 12:38 pm

@Cool Spotter, I think that’s the problem, we never really got a break from her. She was out doing all kinds of Role Modeling stuff (showing her tits, showing her flat but and taking in that prostitute class every day(walking the streets). There was never a break, partying, trying to outshine everyone the list goes on and on. But did you ever once see her extending a helping hand to anyone in need? she did not have to go to a shelter, but the helping hand was just never there after all the other role modeling assignments she was doing!

I guess Just Jared is where Rihanna haters come to converse and vent…

@Septembre: It’s nice to see a site that actually recognizes her lack of talent. It’s a shame more talented artists get neglected for this girl though. You see very little coverage of anyone beyond Beyonce, Rihanna and Lady Gaga here.

Wow, that is awesome. Good hype!

Having been to a few Rihanna concerts, I can attest that she really doesn’t sound great live.

Who killed the cat?

I’ll give them credit. The song is appropriately named.
It is “Hard” to listen to it.

THE TRANNY BUTCHERED HER OWN SONG.

Is she a rapper now?