Austin Nichols: One Tree Hill is 'Better Than Any Season Before'

Austin Nichols: One Tree Hill is 'Better Than Any Season Before'

Austin Nichols is proud to be a One Tree Hill cast member!

The 29-year-old actor, who’s dating his co-star Sophia Bush, recently sat down with Examiner.com to talk what’s next for the show, his newest interest and finally being a One Tree Hill regular…

On being a recurring character on the show: “It’s great. It’s exciting. It’s different from being a guest. You feel more responsible for the show as a whole, for the final in product, as a regular. But it’s been fun. As far as I can tell, this season there has been really great material and better than any season before it so it’s been really cool.”

On what he hopes happens on the show with Sophia: “When Mark (Schwahn, the show’s creator) asked me to come back as a series regular I told him I only would if we could make a really powerful love story for Brooke and Julian. I wanted him to give them the greatest love story. I mentioned The Notebook to him. I wanted him to give them that kind of love and story, a fountainhead love.

“And in The Notebook even when they fight, it’s how it is now for Brooke and Julian, it’s fun to watch them fight. It’s sexy. It’s inspiring.”

On what he likes to do off-screen: “I’ve really been interested in architecture lately. I really want to buy a house and fix it up. There’s this incredible artist out there that inspires me, Donald Judd. All of his work is in Marfa, TX. It’s a really small town that has kept his work and the buildings that he owned all around it. The town now is really influenced by his style and it’s great.”

For more from Austin, check out Examiner.com.

Pascal Le Segretain/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All
nothing-to-say @ 11/10/2009 at 10:45 am

this show will never be the same without Peyton or Lucas

Austin please STFU…c’mon dude comparing you and Sophia Bush characters to the “The Notebook” is laughable. This season is a JOKE..def. not the best. Nothing can top the original s1 OTH, sorry buddy.

just some info @ 11/10/2009 at 11:17 am

LOL..

Perhaps you should read the article or what he said before you make certain comments. He never said that the storyline he shares with Sophia on OTH equal to the notebook. What he said is that when he was asked to sign on as a regular, one of the things he request was that Julia & Brooke get a good love storyline, something with dept, something like the notebook. That even if the characters are apart of fighting you still see the connection.

Again … read the article… I think any actor working wishes for a quality storyline for their character, what’s wrong with reaching for the highest.

The guy never said he thinks the Brooke & Julian storyline is = to the notebook. He said he hoped that mark would write a storyline for them that mirrored the notebook in a way.

Peyton & Lucas were boring last season, especially Peyton.
I rather watch this season and some of the new characters brought on.

just some info @ 11/10/2009 at 11:17 am

LOL..

Peyton & Lucas were boring last season, especially Peyton.
I rather watch this season and some of the new characters brought on.

Realme2008 @ 11/10/2009 at 11:17 am

I really want to like Austin, but him stating that this is better then any OTH season before really makes me want to slap him! He probably never watched season 1-3, but they were clearly much better. He came in season six, so he really shouldn’t be saying anything about the quality of other seasons. It actually makes him sound unprofessional, because we all know he’s dating Sophia Bush. I’m sure making out with Sophia everyday is better then any OTH season. lol

I miss Peyton! I really don’t care about Quinn & Clay. Let’s keep it real Julian is Brooke’s sidekick this season. He’s become boring. I want Peyton!!!

just some info @ 11/10/2009 at 11:35 am

Some more corrections.. Austin is a regular cast member, not recurring. He was signed as a regular with a two year contract at the start of this season. Last season he was recurring.

This is what he said about the show….”As far as I can tell”
So he isn’t stating this as fact, he is just giving his opinion.

This is your first full season on ‘One Tree Hill’, how has that been like for you?

A-It’s great. It’s exciting. It’s different from being a guest. You feel more responsible for the show as a whole, for the final in product, as a regular. But it’s been fun. As far as I can tell, this season there has been really great material and better than any season before it so it’s been really cool.

Toothy Tile’s loverboy.

Yeah, I thought Austin and Jake G. were a couple. So Austin’s got a beard too?

I don’t give a shite about the shoe, but Austin is absolutely gorgeous

One of the worse seasons by far.

just some info @ 11/10/2009 at 11:49 am

Oh no the Toothy’s have invaded the blog.
Here they come with all the Jake & Austin fantasy.
They have been posting this for year, to bad posting it won’t make it true, it’s still the same made up blind it by ted on e that it has always been. I wonder what happened to the baby he said they were having a couple of years ago…

Austin isn’t gay. He and Jake were friends, they are still friends but hardly run in the same circle or see each other much these days .

Haha this guy probably never watched 1-3. Funny. And he can’t act for god’s sake. People are talking about him because of Sophia and his buddy Jake.

@just some info:

We don’t need a recap. I think we are all pretty capable of reading what’s in front of are faces.

@Cassie:
LOL you’re like some lawyer to Sophia and Austin or what ? You don’t know the real facts so shut up, please.

Bearding worked wonders for my career! I’m the laughing stock of every gossip site on the internet. I think Austin should aspire to the same thing!

I’m sorry Austin, but this is not OTH’s best season. The beginning seasons were so much better. It’s an improvement from 6 though I will give him that. His material with Brooke really isn’t all that great. I liked his character more last season. Now just just feels like Brooke’s sidekick.

hes cute ;)
I Love OTH with him :)

WOW it’s kinda funny. Like he thinks this is the best season because of him but it’s actually pretty boring season. All ***** about Brooke and Julian are so stupid. Even if i find Leyton boring i prefer them to Brulian. The only thing they do is making out there’s no emotional.

Glad to see he got over the break-up with Jake. Just as long as he doesn’t sleep with Paris, Sophia will keep him, lol.

funderpants @ 11/10/2009 at 12:41 pm

I honestly like this season of One Tree. Clay is sick hot and has a cool storyline, we’re finally rid of He-of-the-douchey-squints, and the Rachel/Dan pairing is funny. I got sick of Peyton, I will never understand how she could have Jake and remotely like a wishy washy (douche) guy like Lucas. The beginning seasons were better since everyone interacted, now it’s too compartmentalized by storyline. Austin is a good fit for the show, he’s not a Nate worshipper like all the other males on the show, and he does funny and romantic nicely.

This is NOT the best season! It’s boring and It’s not the same One Tree Hill. I miss Lucas and Peyton a lot!

just some info @ 11/10/2009 at 12:51 pm

The entire cast is liking these season, they like that their characters have been aged so that they are no longer playing teens, currently the actors are closer in age to the characters than in past, so it give them something new to do, allows them to deal with different topics.

I like .. Haley this year.
Nathan is pretty much the same for me.
Like Clay
Don’t think the actress playing Quinn is upto the task.
Liked Clay’s dead wife and I like Quinn’s ex.
Love the addition of Alex.
Don’t like what they have done to Millie, she is better as the clumsy moral figure..
Love Brooke & Julian, but I’m not crazy about the direction their storyline is going, hoping something major happens to advance things past insecure Brooke.
Love Dan and love who his wife is now.
Liking the last two episodes reconnect of Brook & Haley’s friendship

Granted .. the show isn’t as good as the first few years, but it is much better than the past couple of years. Peyton & Lucas were really boring in recent years and their wasn’t much left to write for them.
I think bringing Haleys family back and giving Nathan’s career a storyline has been a good move.

YES! this is not the best season … but is really really good :)
I Love OTH with Austin and Sophia and Joy and James and Jackson and Lee and Lisa and Jana and Rob and Antwon and Alison and Poul and Daneel and Stephen and Kate and even Shantel … i just don’t like Peyton and Lucas (especially together)…

That’s definitly NOT the best OTH’s season. It pissed me of that the writers are making Julian like Lucas. It’s really so dump. And the things between him and Brooke were too fast. This show is not the same. The best seasons were 1,2,3 maybe and 5.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All