Charlie's Angels Gets Reboot From ABC

Charlie's Angels Gets Reboot From ABC

The classic ’70s show Charlie’s Angels is being revived and a pilot is close to being ordered thanks to ABC.

Set to exec produce (via Variety) is Drew Barrymore, Josh Friedman, Leonard Goldberg and Drew‘s Flower Films production company partner Nancy Juvonen (the wife of Jimmy Fallon).

Friedman recently adapted the Terminator franchise for his Fox series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Goldberg was one of the original Charlie’s Angels producers and helped launch the series with Aaron Spelling in 1976. Barrymore starred in and produced the 2000 film version and its sequel.

WOULD YOU WATCH a modern remake of Charlie’s Angels? And more importantly, who would you cast??

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

man, i got all excited cuz i thought they were gonna re-air the old episodes :(… if they do a remake than please make it good and choose a good cast… PLEASE no over-hyped, over-rated hussy actresses !!!

I saw the films and there were great so yeah I will be looking out for the show for sure!

i’d watch it if it wasn’t too ridiculous

hell to the no, those so called hussy that was in the movie coundn’t act a minute, just show the old re-runs

I would if one of the cast is Sarah Wayne Callies! Lolz.

Amanda Dubs @ 11/13/2009 at 3:17 am

bad bad bad bad idea

Thoroughlymodernguy @ 11/13/2009 at 3:35 am

Oh for the love of pete, another freaking remake! How bout something new, something more creative than resurrecting all that 70′s shite.

bobbycupcake @ 11/13/2009 at 3:59 am

Mischa Barton call your agent

Please help CLAUDIA,this IS NOT a joke,is a real case:

“Charlie’s Angels” is good as it was. No one can re-create the magic or spark Farrah, Kate and Jaclyn had and none of these actresses today are as beautiful or charismatic as these women were. And esp. if Drew Barrymore is involved, it will just be another cheesy disaster just like the “Charlie’s Angel’s” movies. No leave this alone. This does not need to be remade. The original can never be topped anyway. It’s a waste of time.

Kelly Garret Fan @ 11/13/2009 at 5:34 am

You cannot remake perfection which is what the original 3 angels and then Cheryl Ladd had. The movies were a disaster and really trying – no more remakes with these young stupid IT girls from today. The original Charlies Angels were georgous as previously stated and there is just not that kind of actresses around anymore. Are there no more writers with an original thought in their brain around? Leave the 70′s alone.

the old version is awesome! even after all these years it’s still amazing! I’m not against a new one tho. i was not even born when it aired for the first time but i just wanted to say that i loved the old version!

To those who want the original series for viewing… Check local listing for cable networks running “old” shows. Starsky & Hutch, The Night Stalker, (hell!) Ellery Queen, Charlie’s Angels!, Brady Bunch, etc.
If not that – Isn’t the original series on DVD?

Pipster24 @ 11/13/2009 at 8:35 am

Yes please!

I think Summer Glau, Lena Headey and Leven Rambin would be an idea set of “Angels!

Sarah Michelle Gellar needs a job!

I might check out the new version – BUT the ORIGINAL cast was CLASSIC! NO ONE cane top that cast – Jaclyn Smith, Kate Jackson, & Farrah Fawcett. Jaclyn Smith was in the original show throughout the series & I must say that no one was able to fill the shoes of the other 2 ladies; although Cheryl Ladd was very good also. And no one quite comes close to the stil very beautiful Jaclyn Smith

johnny decaf @ 11/13/2009 at 11:20 am

kim delaney, lauran conrad ,holly madison from the girl’s next store. it would be hot ! don’t get me wrong I love the original series but if it was extended from the original with jaclyn smiith being a bosley type head training to new girls, just putting it out there.

ABC is running out of creative juice. The V Remake has to still be proven to be good. The Charmed Remake/Eastwick was just canceled.

No current actress is as beautiful as Jaclyn Smith

hmm.. I think I would choose jennifer garner, she was great on alias, but maybe someone fresher? I don’t know this is really hard! I think they should pick new actresses who are pretty but tough! lucy liu was great in the movie!

postwatcher @ 11/13/2009 at 12:33 pm

Today’s actresses are too perfect looking and too boring boring boring.

The original Angels were in their 30s and not over plasticized.
Hollywood has become too myopic and stupid. I expect another failure…

This is very exciting. It should be really cool seeing it. But I also hope it does not tank because people will compare it to the original. They need to find the perfect Farrah.

i am so excited…. maybe cast Sara Paxton.

Vannessa Hudgens, Kayle Ewell, and Laura Vandervoort would be my first choices…

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All