Adam Lambert & Wanda Sykes: Out 100 Cover Stars

Adam Lambert & Wanda Sykes: Out 100 Cover Stars

Adam Lambert and Wanda Sykes are among Out’s 100 – a group of 100 gay men, lesbians, transgender people and allies – in the magazine’s upcoming December 2009 issue.

The 27-year-old Idol alum was named the Breakout Star, while Wanda took home Entertainer of the Year. Here’s what Adam had to share with Out

On sexuality: “To some people, me being sexual is really offensive because I’m gay. They’re like, ‘He’s being really gay.’ And I’m like, actually, ‘No, I’m just being sexual.’ Male sexuality is frightening to America [but] female sexuality is all over the place.”

On fame: “Fame doesn’t freak me out, and I can handle it. But sometimes out in public there are people that just are so rude.

“Like, people are really cool about it and they’ll come up to you and they’re just like, “Oh hey man, I really liked you.” It’s brief, it’s sweet, it’s genuine. But some people freak out. And I’m like, why are you freaking out? I don’t get that mentality. I’ve never felt like that about a celebrity before — except maybe Madonna.

“When I met Madonna my heart was racing. That’s my one experience being star-struck. And I told her, ‘I’m freaking out.’ And she said, ‘Why?’ And I said, ‘Because you’re f—ing Madonna.’”

The Out 100 issue will hit newsstands next Tuesday (November 24). For the complete list of the 100 people recognized, visit Out.com.

adam lambert wanda sykes out 100 01
adam lambert wanda sykes out 100 02
adam lambert wanda sykes out 100 03
adam lambert wanda sykes out 100 04

Photos: Jason Bell/Out
Posted to: Adam Lambert, Wanda Sykes

Mike Coppola/Getty
  • Rihanna reunites with her ex-boyfriend Drake in NYC- US Weekly
  • Jackie Chan is ashamed of his son after weed bust in China- TMZ
  • Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson rocky romance rumors completely false- Gossip Cop
  • Ariana Grande streams four new songs from her upcoming album- Just Jared Jr
  • Sin City co-director Frank Miller remembers Brittany Murphy- Huffington Post
  • Johnny Depp's daughter Lily Rose is heading to the big screen- Lainey Gossip
  • Selena Gomez kills the fashion game yet again- Hollywood Tuna

I’m so confused, is Cyndi Lauper gay, when did this happen or have I been out of the loop ??

woah I didn’t know Wanda was a lesbian, she’s really funny, love her. Ew that Adam Lambert is really annoying.

wait..what? @ 11/16/2009 at 2:41 pm

Cyndi Lauper? since when?

Come on Adam…Sexy is one thing, Sexual/Sleezy is another. Even sexual sleezy women are just that…sleezy. I think they call them ****** or other similar words. Dont join them. We just want to hear you sing.

Oh please Adam Lambert is not sleezy, he’s damn sexy!

I n F a m o u s l y C o o l @ 11/16/2009 at 3:02 pm

who was the person that actually won american idol?!? cause you never see or hear that persons name.
..at the end of the day.. hell, even the beginning – adam won.

I thought Cindi lauper was the same as that other 80s singer with the short hair who was on a reality tv show.

read the whole statement!
“100 gay men, lesbians, transgender people and allies”
Lauper always was an avid supporter of gay and transgender people rights.

Adam is so GORGEOUS and totally sexy, I don’t care if he is gay or straight – the guy is hot!! His self confidence, sensuality, amazing voice, sweet boyish charm, honesty and really sexy performances make a complete package and we as women are thrilled!!! Can’t wait for the album on Nov 23rd and can’t wait for the video – LOL!!!

American Idol is history for this boy!! He transcended that gig before it was even over!! Go Adam!!! You are the most talented vocalist to land on the planet let alone come out of a box. And you are beautiful inside and out!!!

not homophobic, really @ 11/16/2009 at 3:39 pm

Yep gay male sexuality is scary to many people and it’s because of their wee-wees protruding from their bodies, poking here and there in straights and gays, carrying that horrible disease to men and women.

Wanda Sykes has never been funny! Agh she is awful, whoever decided she should get her own show needs to be shot.

Adam is sexy and sensual and I’m loving it! He’s just pushing our buttons to find out what his boundaries are and how far out there he can go with the public. We have female sexualty thrown in our faces everyday on TV, magazines, movies, etc. Why not some male sexuality? – especially from our talented sexy Adam! Just don’t forget though that we mainly want you, Adam, to be about sharing your beautiful voice and making us feel those emotions that you do through your singing. That’s the best part of you and the part I love the most. I freaked out standing before you twice on tour..you do to me what M did to you…made my heart race and my brain to go blank! No one else has ever done that to me and I’m in my 60s!!!!!!

nawww…… Adam’s not a **** burglar…

i love this cover! hot adam! love wanda! great cover. and the lieutenant is a real hero!

If Ihe’d be an embarrassment to me. were gay

Cyndi Lauper is hetero. She has a husband. But she’s a supporter for Gay Rights, hence why she is on this cover with Wanda Sykes

“I didn’t know Wanda Sykes was a lesbian” – Where have you been? Wanda Came out over a year ago in Las Vegas pissed T.F.O. over california’s prop 8 passing

@noon: I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wanda Sykes and that awful voice…..UGH

mrsefron. @ 11/16/2009 at 5:18 pm

Uhmm. I LOVE ADAM LAMBERT :D <3

I’m SOooo happy he won idolllll.
His voice is PERFECTION.
Can’t wait for his CD and this cover.woooh Adam!

Hot people in this cover

christine @ 11/16/2009 at 6:06 pm

Adam’s adorable. I just wanna slap his cheek. But then he might get some1 at nasty Spotlight to kill me.

christine @ 11/16/2009 at 6:08 pm

Not his bottom cheek. He gets enuf of that.

@ Janis :

completly agree with you.

So people that freak out and cry when they meet him are rude? Is that what he is saying? I’m embarrassed by the fact that I actually wanted this guy to win.

America is not afraid of male sexuality! Ha! That’s what has driven this nation. Homosexuality is different and I’m sure Adam doesn’t like labels but his sexuality is male homosexual. Now, he doesn’t need to be flaunting it just like a heterosexual doesn’t need to either.