Megan Fox: 'I Made My Mom Call Me Dorothy'

Megan Fox: 'I Made My Mom Call Me Dorothy'

Megan Fox opens up to the New York Times in her Screen Test segment, released this weekend.

The 23-year-old Transformers bombshell spoke about her Wizard of Oz obsession, swimming and her tattoos.

On The Wizard of Oz: I wanted to be Dorothy for many years of my life! Until I was about six, I would wear my hair in pigtails and I think my grandmother made the costume – the little gingham checked jumper – and I had ruby slippers.

“I made my mom call me Dorothy. I wouldn’t answer her or listen to her if she called me Megan ’cause that wasn’t my name.”

On swimming: “I was a swimmer when I was a kid. I was on a competitive team from the time I was 5 until I was 14 and I used to compete in state championships. I thought that’s what I was gonna be.

“I have a pretty strong butterfly still. I’m much slower than I used to be, which is very sad. But it’s still decent – my form is there, the speed is gone.”

On getting tattoos: “When I get tattoos, I don’t necessarily think them out. I don’t put a lot of thought into them the way that some people do. They’re sort of more impulsive purchases.”

Check out the video for more from Megan, including her movie with Mary-Kate and Ashley, the X-Men and what gives her panic attacks…

Megan Fox: NYTimes Screen Test

AKM-GSI
  • Lisa Vanderpump is selling her restaurant - TMZ
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Chasing Life- Just Jared Jr
  • Kyra Sedgwick will guest-star on Brooklyn Nine-Nine- Entertainment Weekly
  • DMX loses his mind while riding a roller coaster- Huffington Post
  • Is Kevin Smith still friends with Ben Affleck?- Lainey Gossip
  • Eva Herzigova shows off her body in a one piece bathing suit- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

1st???
“For most years of my life…till I was about 6″ Hmmm that’s not very many years considering 1st thing most of us remember is something from when we were 3 or 4

hotty megan @ 11/20/2009 at 3:18 am

more quotes……………………….

what a twit! She’s inlove with herself UGH. Hey Megan it’s not older women that hate you you dumb silly girl. IM a guy and I can’t stand looking at you. I ain’t buyin this whole act of hers in this interview. And her life itself, wow she hasn’t been anywhere and yet she thinks she is qualified to make generalizations about drugs, middle america and the outside world???? Yeah, airhead is an understatment.

@deadpool: yet you make generalizations about her, someone you don’t know, i guess it takes one to know one :)

Sounds stupid and dumb, no more Megan fox!

Megan Fox is a bombshell? Why???

AWW Megan you are so cute!!! haha

LMAO the best part is, I’ve seen so many of her clips, her photos and quotes but never heard her talk and now that I have she just sounds so brain-less. Her voice is like an annoying blonde cheerleader’s. LOL. Um, i was, like uuuuuuuuuuugh, um hehe, uuuuuuuuuuum. LMAO

thighmegatampon @ 11/20/2009 at 4:27 am

very little self-awareness if she thinks the only reason she was type-cast as a mean girl is her hair color.

VodkaSays:NEVERMIND ITS OK @ 11/20/2009 at 5:44 am

i totaly love her…. she is so cute… but her voice really annoys me…. she is kinda strange….. but when she will grow up a bit, she will become a nice lady….. hope xDDDD

Xtina is my IDOL =) @ 11/20/2009 at 6:14 am

I agree with #3 and #9!!!!!

She really looks like a SHE-DEVIL!

And nowadays she want to be called angelina, she will no answer unless they call her AJ! Uhmmm You are very pretty why you are not happy on being just MF? Even teh way she moves her hands at the back of her neck….on the interview her pose she copies AJ

like a rollinstone @ 11/20/2009 at 6:47 am

She wanted to be Dorothy and now she wants to be Angelina Jolie. What a stupidity. I don’t like her bitchy looks.

No, I must correct myself! What I first saw was an image of her with her hands at the back of the neck …after watching the whole video I must admit that her movements are not a copy of a AJ, MF is more expressive and nervous.

She’s a bucket o’ crazy, but there’s something interesting about her.

I don’t think she looks like aj at all, now YOU’RE typecasting her for her hair color! she’s much dumber and prettier..angelina has a different sort od bauty that I don’t find attarctive at all, every one of her features are exagerated. Megan has a normal beauty.

at least she’s trying to change her horrible image! not sure if she’s succeeding! but thumbs up for trying!

twilightzz @ 11/20/2009 at 7:40 am

aww megan is so cute! love her!

She look like so cute girl.

its her eyes they are small and look very asian but not pretty asian yes she has a pretty eye color but the shapes of her eyes make her look evil and her nose looks very fake

Not a class act! She should stop talking. Angie has acting talents.

i cant stand this bitchhhhhhhh she is so irratating

I dont know…I used to find her annoying and superfluous. But she’s growin on me! I think the media portrays her to be this super sexualized, somewhat ditzy girl. But I think she’s more intelligent and laid back than that in real life, and not at all like her Hollywood image.

VodkaSays:NEVERMIND ITS OK @ 11/20/2009 at 9:57 am