Susan Boyle's Album Hits #1, Largest Opening For Female Artist

Susan Boyle's Album Hits #1, Largest Opening For Female Artist

Britain’s Got Talent runner-up Susan Boyle is #1 on the Billboard charts this week with her album I Dreamed a Dream. Here’s how the 48-year-old churchgoing celebrity stacked up against her competition:

1) Susan Boyle – 701,000 albums
2) Eminem – 608,000 albums
3) Adam Lambert – 198,000 – albums
4) Rihanna – 181,000 albums
5) Lady Gaga – 174,000 albums
15) Shakira – 89,000 albums

Boyle now holds the record this year for the the biggest first-week sales of any album and the largest ever sales debut for a female artist. Impressive!!!

• August Alsina has woken up from his three-day coma - TMZ
  • Justin Bieber has the new iPhone 6- Gossip Cop
  • Listen to Pia Mia's new song "Fill Me In"- Just Jared Jr
  • Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury did a duet together- Huffington Post
  • Watch a new trailer for A Most Violent Year- Lainey Gossip
  • David Ayer could be the director for Suicide Squad?- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Mayra Suarez shows off her amazing bikini body - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
Miss Anonymous @ 12/02/2009 at 3:36 pm

Holy. :O

wow!
congrats to her.

Och aye, ya wee clootie dumpling!

just jared get your facts str8 , eminem didnt release an album this week , you read your source WRONG! Andrea bocceli is at number 2 , with 200 thousands albums

Number 2 went to Andre Bocelli not Eminem.

I n F a m o u s l y C o o l @ 12/02/2009 at 3:54 pm

ahahahahaha.. what a joke. and enimen dropped months ago. i was expecting rihanna to sell a lot more records.. at least 300+ first week.

Eminem had the biggest first week sales of the year… until today. Susan outsold his by nearly a full 100,000 copies.

I don’t know what it is, but I just can’t stand Susan Boyle’s style of music. Those large, bombastic ballad pieces just aren’t my cup of tea. I heard the entire album at Barnes and Noble and almost left the store because it was getting on my nerves.

But props to those who can enjoy it, and supported a truly precious woman who literally came out of nowhere to succeed.

GOOD FOR HER!! I’m a true believer in ‘Never Judge a Book by it’s Cover’. Congrats Sue!

damn! Susan Boyle is kickin asss ant taking names. Good for her.

happy for her

Just proves what I’ve know all along… people appreciate real talent over pretty faces who can barely sing unless they have their voice run through a splitter like Britney Spears does. Lol

kenortega @ 12/02/2009 at 4:06 pm

that money wouldn’t be any consolation for her fugly mug. Maybe Boyle will be able to buy herself a better kennel to reside in.

Katherine @ 12/02/2009 at 4:06 pm

So Happy for her. I think I’ll buy it, just to support the dream.

Perfect pitch is so rare and it’s lovely she is finally recognized.

gina@live.com @ 12/02/2009 at 4:08 pm

GET IT SUSAN BOYLE! Show these no talent girls what a voice REALLY is.

Susan Boyle’s album has been getting pretty bad reviews. Her whole gimmick is that she’s an unattractive woman with a pretty voice. But I am happy that she’s making $ and will hopefully be financially secure.

That list is crap, Eminem didn’t sell that amount this week.

As previously stated Eminem had the biggest opening of the year until today, when he was beat by Susan Boyle. But he DIDN’T release a new album last week, so ranking him #2 is sorta misleading and you shuld change that.

I tried to buy 7 copies of Susan Bolye’s CD as gifts for my stressed friends…sold out in a lot of stores and Amazon is limiting 3 to a customer!!

pretty young girl @ 12/02/2009 at 4:32 pm

Go Susan! Eminem is whack, and stupid.

love you rihanna!!!!!
your the best!

i’m happy for her
she deserves it!

Hate This Overrated Bint!

i dont really like her music that much but i hope she does well 4 her self