Kimora Lee Simmons: I Make A Great German Chocolate Cake

Kimora Lee Simmons: I Make A Great German Chocolate Cake

Kimora Lee Simmons and her new hubby, Djimon Hounsou, deck the halls at their New Jersey home.

The 34-year-old fashionista spoke to Page Six magazine about marriage, the importance of family and how they plan to celebrate Christmas.

On their new marriage: “It happened in Africa, in Benin. [Daughters Ming, 9, and Aoki, 7] were there, and we had a wonderful time. It was very calm, family-motivated and spiritual. Djimon and I enjoy discussing anything from politics to wine, and we have enriching, private, happy, balanced lives together. That’s probably the thing that would shock people most: We do things like go to the grocery store and have fun with our kids. We’re a normal family, doing the best we can.”

On family: “My family is the most important thing to me. I’ve never missed any type of performance—not one recital, not one karate belt. If there’s a toe being tapped or a tune being whistled, I am there. We do everything together. I know we live a little bit of a different life, with all the running around and the TV show, so I want to make sure we’re even more grounded.”

On her favorite Christmas treats: “I bake. I make a great German chocolate cake. Anyone who knows me will tell you I’m a great baker, the best. When I bake something, I swear to god, it’s gone before it hits the plate.”

For more from Kimora, including a behind-the-scenes video, check out PageSixMag.com or pick up Page Six magazine inside the New York Post tomorrow (December 3)!

kimora lee simmons family christmas

WENN
  • Lance Armstrong plays golf now after his doping scandal- US Weekly
  • Jay Z and Roc Nation is being sued by a sound engineer- TMZ
  • Watch a trailer for Sharknado 2- Gossip Cop
  • Listen to Rixton's cover of Ariana Grande's hit song 'Problem'- Just Jared Jr
  • Courtney Love will be bringing her acting chops to Sons of Anarchy- Entertainment Weekly
  • Columbus Short opens up about his Scandal exit- Huffington Post
  • Read a career prospectus on James Marsden- Lainey Gossip
  • Brazil's loss to Germany in FIFA World Cup blows up Twitter- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Elisabetta Canalis shows off her bikini body in Italy- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Sounds like a well rounded, balanced woman.

Good job. More women need to take up the slack when it comes to their kids. I swear, celebrities on the whole lead more balanced lives than some of the crackhead mothers on the street and in regular American towns. If they all follow Kimora’s example, it would be a better world.

Blended family? Yes. But they are obviously putting their kids first, creating a safe and sweet home for everyone, and having tons of face time with their kids.

Bravo.

Wow, I didn’t even know that Djimon and Kimora were dating. Well, good for them for keeping their relationship private, and Congratulations to them! :]

Kimora finally found that compatible mate. Good for them.

#3, what makes you define Kimora as Asian? She said that she considers herself black. Obama and Halle Berry are black, but Kimora is Asian? What a double standard!!!

#3 didn’t say she was Asian. #3 said #3 was Asian.

And besides, her middle name is Lee, her daughters are named Ming and Aoki? Classifying her as just black considering her interracial background seems just as bad.

lol is that their castle

Beautiful family . A lot more grounded than the jolie Pitts and the kids look better too.

liverwurst @ 12/03/2009 at 12:21 pm

Beautiful family.

I love the fact that even though she has a TV show and everything she is still a well grounded, balanced women, loves to bake and never misses one of her children’s recitals? That’s amazing, she is a role model for many celebrity women and women around the globe.

mommymonitor @ 12/03/2009 at 1:14 pm

That is nice. She should have stayed with Russsell.

I give her 5 yrs . with this guy.

Jeannified @ 12/03/2009 at 1:27 pm

I couldn’t stand her when she was with Russell Simmons. He seemed alot more grounded than Kimora. She was such a high-maintenance diva! Now, however, I have to say…she seems happy and grounded…finally! Good for her and her family! Glad to know she bakes and appreciates family time!

Lucky woman!

Djimon is alot more ground than Russell ever was. Djimon seemed to have grounded and provide the emotional support for her.

The baby is beautiful.

mrs. right @ 12/03/2009 at 1:58 pm

I’m glad they have a happy family and seem to have good priorities. I wish them all the best.

On a side note, was their any reason that the “g” in “god” (“When I bake something, I swear to god, it’s gone before it hits the plate.”) wasn’t capitalized? Proper nouns start with a capital letter. Like the “k” in “Kimora.” Just saying.

lol i’m lovin djimon’s christmas sweater

“That’s probably the thing that would shock people most: We do things like go to the grocery store and have fun with our kids”.

SHOCK! HORROR!

I mean honestly, she is so up herself. Why would I think she wouldnt do her grocery shopping or play with her children???? She is acting like she is in the same league as Madonna or Michelle Obama. Most people wouldnt even recognise her if she dressed down.

They seem like a very happy family, and that’s great. The baby is adorable, as are all the kids.
I do find it funny though, that Djimon had to pose in the lame holiday sweater and the kids are in winter, holiday clothes, and she’s decked out in a bright strapless gown.

Very lovely family!

I would believe that she bakes when I see it!!!!!!

She is such a good mother!

She gets a lot of alimony

Powersaver @ 12/04/2009 at 1:51 am

Good for her that she met someone that is helping her break barriers and stay more grounded than she has ever been, travelling to Africa and being sensitive to the cultural experience and enlightment of another world. I’m sure seeing Africa’s underprivileged areas and people will bring her feet to the ground with her excesive desires for lavish things..Way to go Kimora. Sometimes i wonder if he gets along so much with her ex, why did they get a divorce?

My mom’s also single but she’s never even thought about asking our gardener to be in our famliy’s christmas photos. Kimora is such a humanitarian. Good for her.

Jem Marks @ 12/06/2009 at 1:28 am

These people live on a different planet than I. Who cares about these idiots?

It’s funny how people comment on how happy and what a great mother she is. YOU don’t know them. Get over it there **** stinks like everyone else. Also, she is butt ugly now!

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All