Details Behind The Jake/Reese Split

Details Behind The Jake/Reese Split

Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal officially pulled the plug on their three-year relationship over a series of phone calls earlier this month.

Why over the phone? Jake has been in Pittsburgh the past three months shooting his new movie, Love And Other Drugs. Reese has been busy filming How Do You Know? in Los Angeles.

“It broke his heart,” an insider reveals to Us Weekly. “[They] fought constantly in the past few months [but] no one cheated. There was no drama.”

“She felt pressured to wed again but she wasn’t ready,” another insider adds. “She couldn’t give Jake enough and she got cold feet. Jake wanted all of her. She really worried that they didn’t have enough in common… He was great with the kids (Ava and Deacon), but she felt like he didn’t get the whole scope of what that entailed.”

• Big Brother Season 8 winner Evel Dick Donato gets hit by a car- TMZ
  • Maitland Ward's dress is definitely something you can't miss- Huffington Post
  • Anais Zanotti shows off her body in a yellow bikini - Hollywood Tuna

Tabloid bulllshiiit prepared by Reese Witherspoon’s PR team.

I think it’s a shame. I think Jake is wonderful.
I’ll have your babies, Jake!

I’m really surprised that JJ is running with this, the only site I’ve seen with this “confirmed” story is JJ and US Weekly (not exactly a reliable source)!!

@You/Me: It is true.
THE FAUXMANCE IS OVER.

and of course because he’s gay.

boo hoo it’s not the end of the world. i love looking at photos of celebrities and all that, but i hate reading about there personal life. i feel bad for them…. that there every move they make is being announced to the whole world, but then again it’s the lifestyle they chose so be it :)

Avon lady @ 12/16/2009 at 5:51 pm

Don’t be stupid and naive.
Reese W made sure that we read about her “personal” life and her fake relationship – in her case publicity equals $$$.

through phone calls cause its a BUSINESS DEAL.

it’s pity.. why did she do that? :(

I’d think that Reese is too highly thought of by people for her decision to be questioned or for anyone to believe any of the rumors.

Whoa, someone didn’t want to renew the contract then. Can’t blame ‘em, boring fauxmanz anyway.

I n F a m o u s l y C o o l @ 12/16/2009 at 6:10 pm

she got tired of him. he might be gay, and he might never become a real a-list leading man.
poor gay, i mean guy! poor guy! she’s fug anyways. he’ll get better.

“it’s pity.. why did she do that?”

She didn’t, Jake dumped her, she’s bad beard.

people with brain @ 12/16/2009 at 6:23 pm

@Amanda: LMAO!!!

Damn…I was hoping that it had been Hayden Christensen and fugly Ratchel Biatchson who broke up and not Jake/Reese. J&R at least showed more affection and love than the fauxmance btwn Hayden and Ratchel.

She got tired of monkey looking Donnie Darko and kicked him to the curb!

Padme, you do realize this was a showmance for gullible fangirlz don’t you…dont you?

Such shocking naivite.

Reese is such a BITCHHHH.
She had her PR team feed this whole “I left him” story to those stupid magazines that LOVE gossip so that she won’t come out looking like an idiot….like when her marriage to Ryan ended.
Fact is, that they BOTH agreed it wasn’t working out and neither one of them dumped the other. They BOTH decided to end things on an equal note. Yet Reese is trying to look like she is the one who ended things.
Her obsession of always trying to come out on top no matter who she hurts in the process is one of the many reasons I don’t like her.
Jake is a BILLION times better and it won’t be long until he finds the right girl for him and not someone as fake and power obsessed as Reese.

@Jen:
Are you Gyllehaal’s secret boyfriend?

@lala: “i hate reading about there personal life. ” And yet, here you are.

I agree with you, Jen, (#18). Well said!

Don’t forget, the very first leak came from her side just a few days before his new movie came out! .I’m starting to believe what the Ryan fans say. She really isn’t a very nice person. She seems very demanding. Those aren’t Jake’s kids. Yet he was good to them.

Reese's saggy a*s*s kicked @ 12/16/2009 at 7:09 pm

“She got tired of monkey looking Donnie Darko and kicked him to the curb!”
Jake dumped ugly midget – did you noticed how happy he seemed during Brothers promotion?

@Caught:
Are you retarded?
It’s hilarious when stupid f*ckin morons like you see an ACTOR play the role of a gay man in a MOVIE and automatically believe he must be gay.
Or how about when f*ckin morons like you believe stupid rumors online about actors being gay from equally f*cked up morons and automatically assume that it must be true?
I love the double-standard though. When an actress plays the role of a lesbian in a movie, no one assumes she’s gay. But when an actor does it, people start jumping up an down yelling “he’s gay” over and over again and start acting as if his girlfriend, fiance, or wife is just a “beard.”
Some of you f*ckin morons need to to get a f*cking CLUE and STFU.
Jake played the part of a gay man in a MOVIE. But that doesn’t mean he is gay in real life.
Just like when actors play the roles of superheroes, etc. in films…but that doesn’t mean they’re really superheroes in real life either. It’s a ROLE they play and if you can’t tell the difference between fiction and reality, then STOP watching movies before you idiots become any dumber than you already are.

I thought that their 15 minutes was up. The only places still going on about the end of the showmance are JustJared and US Weekly-both on the payroll to go to for PR by Reese’s PR team. Reese must have finally found a straight man she really wants to date and Jake must have finally realized that whole bearding campaign didn’t work and was killing off the rest of his fans and his movie career. I hope we can get the awesome Jake back.

Is he going back to Austin?

Reese's saggy a*s*s kicked @ 12/16/2009 at 7:54 pm

@Jen:
Jen,
you sound like retarded fangirl.
Jake is gay because he f*cks men in REAL life and because he fakes relationships with a women.
No, we don’t have his gay sex tape but we have 15.000 pictures of Jake and his beard Witherspoon trying and FAILING to look like a real couple.

Aww, Jake, come here…I’ll make it better…

He was too good for her, anyway.

LOL! @ 12/16/2009 at 5:29 pm

Tabloid bulllshiiit prepared by Reese Witherspoon’s PR team.

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/12/16/reese-jake-split-details/#comments#ixzz0Zu3IXj6K
==

“I agree, it sounds like it came from her. LoL maybe they agreed to make it look like she did the dumping?”
I’m 100% sure that was part of the showmance contract, Reese is very serious about her PR sh!t.

For me it’s NOT over! Gyllenspoon is forever!

And you sound like a retarded delusional freak. I find it pretty damnn hilarious that you’ve come to the conclusion of how Jake “f*cks men” just by looking at pictures of Jake and Reese and saying how they looked like a fake couple.
Was I fan of Jake and Reese’s relationship? No.
Am I fan of Reese Witherspoon? No.
But I’m still willing to admit that I’ve seen some pictures them during the course of their relationship where they actually looked happy. And this is coming from a person who never gave two sh*ts about their relationship. And if you’re really going to sit there and claim that Jake is supposedly gay like a f*cking ******, then why not actually provide us all with some SOLID proof and not base your assumptions based on pictures of Reese and Jake like a complete idiot. I can sit here and make claims until I’m blue in the face of how Angelina Jolie is my long lost mother, but it doesn’t mean sh*t if I don’t PROVE it. Just like your accusations don’t mean sh*t either.

Oh and my comment is directed towards @Reese’s saggy a*s*s kicked: AKA delusional HAG

Of course Reese gave him the shove, couldn’t have it look like she’d been dumped by two men in a row. But of course we know the real reason this broke up is that the contract was up. Reese was probably tired of looking more like Jake’s mom than his girlfriend, and Austin was probably getting tired of having Jake make all those coffee runs instead of staying where he belonged–in bed with Austin.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

“She couldn’t give Jake enough and she got cold feet. Jake wanted all of her. She really worried that they didn’t have enough in common…”

Yeah, a *****!

This is so high school.!!!!!!

The same few people who started the rumor of Jake being gay also said that Jensen Ackles and Jared Padenlecki are gay as well are secretly in love with one another. Oh….and they also claimed that Tom Cruise is gay as well.
So I’m assuming you all believe that as well.Lol

I hope these azzhizzles get back together because now I am depressed. I thought they would grow old on the farm together and raise chickens! Please get back together!

There’s something odd here: It took her 3 years to realize she wasn’t ready to get married again…what exactly did she want that she couldn’t have figured out 1 year into the relationship?

So obviously someone from Reese’s camp is the source. She’s basically throwing him under the bus in a sneaky manner just like she did to Ryan after their bustup. Her sweetness is so fake and she’s known for being a schemer. And Jen, if you want to blame anyone for the gay rumors then look no further than Ted Casablanca because he started it with his toothy tile nonsense.

Witherbeard and Toothy tile ended their contract…….hahaha

There was a blind item several weeks ago about a couple together just for PR, one of whom is a A-list actor, who had broken up but weren’t publicizing it yet. The reason for the breakup? She had gotten tired of his double life. For what it’s worth, take it with a grain of salt. My instincts tell me even that story was a plant because I’m willing to bet that Jake did the breaking up. And this story about Jake wanting to get married and her all concerned about the time she spends away from her kids is all PR nonsense. Ryan has a healthy relationship and spends plenty of time with the kids. Reese can’t stand to be seen as in any way flawed or not in control. This fauxmance had just run its course.

@anon:
Exactly.
I had known from the beginning that it was Ted Casablanca who started the rumors of Jake being gay and a few of his groupies went and spread it all over the internet like psychopaths.
Ted is also behind a lot of other rumors as well and has falsely claimed other actors to be gay as well…..when they really aren’t. And he still continues to make false accusations today. What people don’t realize is that the reason Ted started those rumors about Jake was because Jake ignored him at an event a while back(I don’t know if it was on purpose or because he didn’t know Ted wanted to interview him) so Ted decided to be a total d*ck and started accusing Jake of being gay. And he knew since Jake played the role of a gay cowboy in “Brokeback Mountain,” it wouldn’t be hard to convince people of his stupid rumors. And clearly he was right seeing the way some completely stupid people actually fell for his crap.

US Weekly ..I am sure she gave them a story . Get Real!!
~ A Tabloid Folks..uhuhh Reeses sat down and talked her heart away to a tabloid. LOL
I love Jakeu but he is flakey for the boys.

Reece has been his beard and is ready to move on to a real fcuk..

Jakey my boy can now do his boy thingee now.. as he if ever quit .lol

@Jen: You seem totally bent out of shape over the idea that Jake could be gay. Listen, Ted is gay. He’s not outing Jake, or anyone. But he reports duplicity…stars that have elaborate phoney lives to disguise who and what they really are. And I think Ted is sympathetic to the idea that a performer’s career could go in the toilet if they were honest. But really, how is ANYone going to be able to come out, if the stars don’t risk it? Ted is full of praise for Neil Patrick Harris and Ellen Degeneres. And THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH “BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN”. Jake used to be more open about his sexual orientation in his younger days and Ted started talking about him in a blind, expecting a reveal. But instead Toothy went into deep cover and involved other people in his duplicity.

Dang, they look so cute together, it’s a shame. Don’t Hollywood romance last at all?

Reese is so hot, would marry her in a second. Blonde and big swedish eyes. :P

And evidence is that I know Tiger would agree, lol.

Jen I don’t believe in the ‘Jake is gay’ rumors much, but why do you talk about ‘accusing’ Jake of being gay, is being gay a crime? I think you should simmer down even if Jake was gay so what, big deal. Ted Casablanca is the master of bs for sure, but he is also an openly gay man, so what you say about him and the reason for cooking up Toothy Tile makes very little sense.

Gay people are nice people, but that doesn’t give them permission to be gay. It’s not allowed. Be with the opposite sex, its only normal. Duhh.

Though I don’t believe a single word from US Weekly, or Star Magazine or whatever, I have always disliked Reese. Jake is a fine guy, he deserves much more better than a publicity hungry and money driven kind of girl like Reese. Really hate those fake girl-next-door actresses, and amazingly Reese’s chin is as big and as manly as another fake all-american-next-door actress one’s that I equally dislike. Those girls smell hypocrisy. You are their friends only if you got what it takes: money, money, money….. Go Jake, fate has done you a favor. If you married her, you would have found yourself divorce within few years anyway, feeling unhappy and wondering yourself why she refused to give you what you wanted the most: a quiet family life fit for a quiet guy like yourself.

just some info @ 12/17/2009 at 6:50 am

Ted C has long been putting out bogus rumors about stars.
He spent years doing exactly what he is doing to Jake now to Ben Affleck. When good will hunting came out and friends Ben & Matt hit the scene, when both boston boys dared to attend the academy awards with their mothers, well that’s when Ted started is gay rumors for them. He kept them going for a really long time, thru afflecks relationships with GP & JL and MD’s with WR & MD.. Ted kept it going, even when both men about to get married. Well, now they are both married and both have 2 kids as well. Both are still great friends and didn’t let Ted’s crappy rumors wreck their friendship. Ted never talks about them or his prior mission to label them something they were not, he just no longer addresses it, he has moved on to a new conquest which I’m sure will end up the same way.

Jake & Reese are way A-list and I’m sure that there isn’t anyone on the board that has access to them and their story. So I doubt you’ll get any firsthand account from people who know them or have been in their pressence on here…… BUT…
There are lots of people who blogged and do blog on this board who have and continue to be in the presence of Sophia Bush & Austin Nichols and know that they are a real couple, not some made up PR move like some would love you to believe.

Who’s up next for Jake???
There are a few single ladies in Hollywood he can hook-up with.

carole@12/16/2009 @ 12/17/2009 at 8:33 am

Reese I think your going to be sorry, Jake is a kind and responsible man, your X husband didn”t show you any respect when he cheated on you, once a cheater always a cheater.

Just some Info, glad to know someone remember the affleck-damon affair. Ted’s fans “ll always believe him because they adore the dirty trash stories telled on celebrities.

Jake is gay @ 12/17/2009 at 12:00 pm

Closeted gay actors need beards.
Jake tried to make himself look straight and failed – he and Reese had zero chemistry and never looked as a real couple.

Isn’t he GAY?!!! I thought we all know that by now …

hmmm
a lot of ppl speculate he’s gay but i truthfully dont believe it
the reason why he’s gay according 2 ppl is because he was in brokeback….really…
dont really care what they broke up about, i was never really interested in them more in her =]

Pattycake @ 12/18/2009 at 1:03 am

@just some info: So if a man gets married and has children he can’t be gay, huh? I’m not saying Affleck and/or Damon are gay. I’m saying the argument you’re using is bogus. Listen, you’re going to have to accept that a certain percentage of the population is gay and that applies to Hollywood actors too. Yet, if you examine the actors out of the closet, it’s considerably lower than expected. Ergo. Some of them are lieing. And some of them take the lie so far as to have wives/or girlfriends (or husbands/boyfriends) that they hide behind. And remember, these are professional actors. They can fake it in public a lot better than you or I.

I read that their relationship just fizzled.E news reported that on tv.

i love reese and i love jake. and i never believe what tabloid magazines write

Jake, if you need a shoulder to cry on… or anything else

The phone is the safest way to make the split. Smart man.

@Stone: You got that right!