Olivia Munn: New Year's Eve 'Family Emergency'

Olivia Munn: New Year's Eve 'Family Emergency'

Olivia Munn was set to host JustJared.com’s New Year’s Eve bash on Thursday at Klutch nightclub in Miami, Fla.

The 29-year-old Maxim cover girl sends her apologies for not being able to attend due to a “family emergency.”

We’ll be looking out for G4′s Attack of the Show host to update her Twitter followers about her “emergency.” Our well wishes go out to Olivia and her family!

Twilight‘s Kellan Lutz is still on for hosting along with DJ Cassidy spinning for JustJared.com‘s New Year’s Eve party. Ticket info at JustJared.com/NYE!

Photos: Frazer Harrison/Getty
Posted to: Olivia Munn

Valerie Macon/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Show All
CanadaGirl @ 12/30/2009 at 12:41 pm

“Olivia Munn was set TO host…” :)
Pretty girl.
Have fun at your party JJ.

family emergency = NYE with Chris Pine

It would be so hilarious to see some pictures of them celebrating the New Year together!!

p.s.: This picture is outrageous :)))

She’s half Chinese.

Hope everything is fine with her..

longchamp @ 12/30/2009 at 2:08 pm

she jon gosselin’s long lost sis?

Unless someone is dying then it was a very s h i t t y thing for her to cancel on JJ like that. And if she did it to please her boyfriend then the girl is pathetic anyway. Kellan can carry it off by himself, he was the main draw anyway :)

Wow…JJ kind of just put her on blast. Basically, they are saying they think liv’s family emergency is BS.
Guess she won’t be covered by them anymore, thought I suspect the paps will be on Chris Pine big time now.

I hope she gets caught out in Vegas or something on NYE. Please Jared, put her on blast if so. Unless someone is in the hospital and dying, she shouldn’t have canceled on you.

I doubt it has to do with Pine. Why would she have agreed to it in the first place since they were already “dating” when she landed the gig and had already been snapped out together? Maybe she really does have an emergency. If she gets seen out with Pine over the next day or two we know she’s a pathetic b!tch who let her bf dictate her life OR his PR told her to honor her contract and not act like such a media wh00re.

hopefully she’s not lying
but i honestly wouldnt be surprised if the on new years, i saw pics of her with that star trek guy
if she did cancel just 2 hang out with him, i agree jared, u should bash this bitzch
i think she’s a bitzch deep down anyway, i hate her i love geeks fake personality

funny munny @ 12/30/2009 at 5:28 pm

I would hope that if he did have a problem she, self proclaimed strong woman, would say, I’m sorry but I made this commitment, I won’t do any more things like this in the future and I won’t mention your name when I am doing this job but since I did make the commitment I will honor it. Him being a reasonable person would understand that I would hope. If she simply faked an emergency that’s very unprofessional of her. Business is business, you honor your commitments, you don’t let your boyfriend dictate your life and if he is understanding and kind he would understand that even if she realized in retrospect this was a mistake she would have to honor her promise.

@funny munny:

usually for commitments like this you aren’t paid until you show up. so more than likely no money was given. i do think chris’ people told her to stay at home. i have been following her on twitter long enough to know that if she did in fact have a family emergency she wouldn’t tweet about it anyways. she’s laying on twitter and more than likely in person until this thing is over. we probably wont see her again until after new years when she returns to work.

it does sound like to me jared as put her on notice. basically telling her if i see you this weekend in la i will bury you.

Check her twitter Jared. This chick played you!!

Totally. And she’s playing everyone. Don’t believe the hype.

smells fishy @ 12/30/2009 at 8:14 pm

You in cahoots with Munn, JJ? You imply that she has some ulterior reason for not hosting and now Munn twitters about being in an apartment for two days wink wink wink? Ah, I love the smell of PR in the evening. She NEVER told her fans she’d be at the JJ party, which is not like her since she tells them sh!t like that all the time. Suspicious if you ask me. Meaning she was never going and didn’t want them buying tickets when she knew she wouldn’t go. I love a good stunt. Expect apartment leaving pics soon. Mark my words.

smells fishy @ 12/30/2009 at 8:21 pm

Well played, Munn. Well played. Say you’re going to host a Gossip party, watch the fans say how out of character it is for Pine to date someone who would do that. Never tell your fans on your website or twitter to buy tickets to see you. “Cancel” due to a “family emergency” and then twitter about being holed up in an apartment thus proving how non-famewh****y you are and that it MUST be serious with Pine because suddenly you are respecting his privacy. Well played, my friend.

seems to me jared believes he got lied too, which he did. jared will bury her and pine both. i hope he really likes her because if he doesn’t its about to be a bumpy ride for both.

and dont think for a second that just because she isn’t doing the party he’s done with her. he’s not trust me there will more to come.

smells fishy @ 12/30/2009 at 8:44 pm

@cilly:

Nah, Jared is totally in on it, IMO. Maybe not but either way she never planned on going to this party. Or she would have told her fans to buy tickets. She is all about self promotion and yet was oddly silent about this event. This is a PR stunt extaordinaire by Munn. I know talent when I see it. Kudos to you, lady.

smells fishy @ 12/30/2009 at 8:46 pm

p.s. There will be no burial. JJ will post pics and be coy about how she cancelled for the family emergency of fckuing her boyfriend but she will get her PR and Pine will get his and that is what matters. Pine is getting exactly what he needs out of this, trust.

@smells fishy:

so how long do you think this relationship will last? something tells me this isn’t a real realtionship to begin with.

smells fishy @ 12/30/2009 at 9:52 pm

@cilly:

As long as the contract stipulates? Just joking (kind of). I say six months tops. Until Spring or Pine goes to film his next film, whichever comes first.

i knew it and i totally called this last night – she is a piece of work!! all of her geeky fanboys who kiss the ass (and tits) she constantly puts in their face really have her going!!!
“family emergency” = “stowed away in an apt”?!?! maybe she just can’t help herself – she doesn’t go presumably to be with him and/or respect his feelings and then she sends that tweet?!?!
i really can’t figure out what the hell is going on here but i can say that if this is the type of woman he deals with – i think i am starting to like him less

@hmm:

i dont care what people say, he was made to dump audrina. people can say it was a one night stand all they want, he was told to dump her. i think like smells fishy might be right. it may just be one pic with them both and jared will say what he has to and then be done with it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Show All