Curves Ahead in V Magazine

Curves Ahead in V Magazine

Check out these shots from V Magazine‘s forthcoming issue, entitled “The Size Issue” and featuring five plus-size models.

The issue, on newsstands January 14, features this spread with styling by Nicola Formichetti and shows the sexy side of the plus-size modeling world with shots of Candice Huffine, Marquita Pring, Michelle Olson, Tara Lynn and Kasia P.

Photographer Solve Sundsbo told V, “I loved the opportunity to show that you can be beautiful and sexy outside the narrow interpretations that normally define us.”

Check out V Magazine on newsstands Thursday (January 14) or visit VMagazine.com for a behind-the-scenes video of the shoot!

v magazine curves ahead 01

• Lilly Ghalichi has been fired from Shahs of Sunset- TMZ
  • Watch Mel Gibson talk about Shia LaBeouf - Gossip Cop
  • Check out a new clip of Ashley Tisdale in Young & Hungry- Just Jared Jr
  • Stevie Nicks is going to be an adviser on The Voice- Huffington Post
  • Andrea Calle shows off her assets at the beach- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 13 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 » Show All

Wow you fatties get so offended and defensive when someone doesn’t agree with your notions of “normal” Just because I don’t want to be heavy like these so called models I automatically have a bad personality. yes, makes a lot of sense. good luck in life fuglies.

Also, I know and work with a lot of models. While they are photoshopped, most of them are simply STUNNING in real life. No photoshop needed.
__________________________________________________

oh boy, do you need a wake up call. let me explain the facts to you ok. the editor and others comb through the photos of the stunning models to be used in the magazine searching for any flaws. they then circle the parts of the body in the photograph that they want photoshopped or airbrushed. the ankles, the wrist, the neck, the bust, etc etc. they then send the photographs, with the circles on them, to the department i work in where they are photoshopped/airbrushed to specifications. then the photos are published. worst kept secret out there. yes, it happens even to the most stunningly beautiful models.

i

I’m a different Chloe, I wouldn’t make comments like the other Chloe did, lol.

Man, I can’t believe how riled up people can get over these pics! I agree that some outfits are not flattering on the models, but everyone’s got their own opinion–and those opinions are offending everyone else. I’m a size 9 US– I can wear medium or even small tops, but my waist is wide. I don’t eat excessively (at least I don’t think so), I exercise, and I work in an environment where I’m always walking/standing on my feet. Could I eat better? Maybe. Do I wish I were skinny as a model? Nah, because I like the clothes that I have already :)

Just the way Grandpa used to like them!

Plus size models – what on God’s green earth will they think of next. Being fat is nothing to feel proud about. Heaven’s, some of these ‘models’ should seriously think about going to fat boot camp before they end up with health issues. There is no excuse, none at all, for abusing their bodies with food in this fashion. Exercise and a sensible, healthy diet would have them looking so much more toned and healthier and much better looking. We only get given one body and it’s so important to look after it.

loverducky @ 01/05/2010 at 5:03 pm

@Mark:
I should hope you feel the same way about me too then? So often in the media, on television shows we see images of gorgeous women married to fat slobs with crappy personalities..I hope you don’t think that is acceptable then…just clarifying

loverducky @ 01/05/2010 at 5:05 pm

@loverducky:

**about men***

Damn, all of you guys are getting riled up for nothing. They don’t look that bad. If they were morbidly obese, go ahead, ***** about it all you want, but jeez, complain to the bloody magazine if it bothers you so much.

Chubby lovers and big noobs

I have to agree with Chloe—- deep down everyone would like to be skinny (not anorexic, but slim.) For example, Tyra Banks told everyone “to kiss her fat a$$” when people made fun of her weight…. But look at her now, she lost weight and looks really good. If she really believed size doesn’t matter she would have stayed plus size!!!!!

I’ll take pics of these two over pics of scraggly has-beens like Lindsey Lohan any frickin day of the week!!!!!!!

This arguing over a few chubby models is, indeed, amazing. And being overweight doesn’t mean you hate skinny people. All, let me repeat, all of my friends are skinny. And what was hard for me sometimes to deal with was that most of them do absolutely nothing to stay that way. A few work out, yes, but not like Madonna work out. Just a few times a week. I unfortunately lost the genetic lottery on thin-ness and have to accept the fact that I’ll never be thin.

If you are thin or only like women who are thin, then hallelujah! Good for you. But you don’t need to get angry about the existence of women who don’t fall under your thin label. And for the poster who said they don’t want to see chubby women in a fashion magazine cause they see them everyday, then how about women who are plus size who ONLY see rail thin models when they watch a film, watch TV, look at fashion magazines, look at a billboard. You have the chance to just not buy or look at V magazine. For us others, we’re inundated with images that we’ll never look like, even after becoming healthier.

So go have whatever it is you “thin” people have to calm your selves down. You don’t like us chubbers, then fVck off and go be thin and fabulous some place else. LOL

loverducky @ 01/05/2010 at 6:05 pm

@Holli:

I agree, that probably, given the choice, most people would want to be thinner..but that’s because that is was society projects on us. There are places that would never even consider the importance of body image but then when tv and magazines are introduced it becomes an obsession for them. At one time, being bigger was considered more beautiful, it exemplified wealth and that is the image that society said was beautiful.

Curves ARE sexy, but fat rolls aren’t. Sorry, but this does not look healthy to me. But you gals who think this looks good, you keep kidding yourselves if it makes you feel better about your weight. Just because this looks like the average woman, does not mean it’s healthy. Neither are those stick thin models. There is a healthy in between…….with some muscle showing.

Beautiful and stunning

Curves, meaning a few sizes above the bony, walking skeletons?

I think they’ve got the whole “curves” concept COMPLETELY WRONG! Curves do NOT refer to fat rolls. A real curvy woman will have an hourglass shape; wide hips with a significantly smaller waist, a good sized bust and a perky and firm bum. The “curves” should refer to the simplest form of a woman’s silhouette. Women with curve are women like Mariah Carey, Jessica Simpson, Amber Rose, Jeniffer Love Hewitt and Beyonce.

People who are focused on dress sizes are missing the point: Obesity is a HUGE (no pun intended) problem in the developed world, while countless others go hungry.

The real issue should be HEALTH, not dress size! What are these models eating? Junk food, or healthy food? Do they exercise or sit on the sofa all day? What about their blood pressure, blood sugar, blood cholesterol?

Obesity, poor diet, lack of exercise are not healthy, nor is anorexia. We should not try to emulate models—they are freaks of nature!

Eat right, exercise, stay healthy and avoid metabolic syndrome, which leads to diabetes and heart disease. That is what we need to strive for, not body image. Your health is in your own hands.

@Jeff:

Actually Jeff, I think you’ll find that Most men dont want women with bones protruding and an unheathly fixation on vanity and neurotism.

In my job (Fashion and Costume Designer) I have to deal with their insecurities and ridiculous fluffing on a daily basis so dont tell me thinner women have it made by any means.

Many plus size women (uk 16+) are determined by their genetics and you’ll find the majority have absolutely no problem with the way they look and feel about themselves and are perfectly happy and healthy. It’s basically people like you, who feel the need to shout off and I think you’ll find that they dont give a rat’s **** about what you think.

We all know that obese is different and sometimes comes at a cost to health but that is not what we are talking about here. The women featured are approximately a uk size 16-20 and looking at their height too, that is not considered obese. Most women over a certain size have undefined back muscles/fat and the only thing I am going to agree with is the pose and outfit chosen does not flatter the body shape because when you pose like that, you automatically bend your back and if you found pics of thinner models, you would still find some with little dents and rolls.

You said like women in high heels but are you prepared to look at the mis-shapen feet with horrendous bunons and varicose veins? Women of all sizes especially thinner women are prone to cellulite do to low muscle mass. I could go on but I cant be bothered.

Basically a lot of the uneducated and ridiculous comments make me sick and disappointed that we are living in a society filled with fickle and neurotic people.

American size 8 @ 01/05/2010 at 8:41 pm

Oh yes and Anastasia I think you are totally ridiculous. Talking about how fat women in Russia would never show their faces outdoors. I am old enough to remember the last two decades of Soviet Russia and that global joke back then (especially in America) that 99% of the women behind “the iron curtain” were frumpy, hairy, peasant women one generation from slavery (uh serfdom in that country).

Two insults don’t make a right, not everyone is born 6′ foot tall and weighing 110 lbs, and no one should have to hide in shame because they don’t happen to fit the ideal.

As for you Chloe , European size 6 is not an American size 6, so try , try again.

So gross. Ewww. I think that is mean. They have beautiful faces, but their body’s so gross. (gaggg)

CanadaGirl @ 01/05/2010 at 9:07 pm

@Pffffffttttt…: 14 = overweight and the fact that you pointed out that the US is the heaviest country in the world only proves my point and shows your ignorance.
Try not to eat the fridge after reading my comment.

This is just disgusting. I gagged. Shakira has curves, but has a flat stomach. So gross, just gross. Why would they do that? I think it’s wrong.

anastasia @ 01/05/2010 at 9:15 pm

american size 8-

No that is what american propaganda told you to believe at the time genius. They tried to make everything related to russia/USSR seem undesirable to the americans. Tell me why is it that american men come to russia now and believe they are in some supermodel paradise and complain about the fat and unfeminine women back in america? Oh ya because we are thin and gorgeous. Don’t believe me ask any guy that’s ever been to Russia.

Hey, Jeff. Actually, I did go to Yale. You’ve never even been there so you have no absolutely no idea what it means to have been a student there. ( Really, why would I make that up? You just can’t stand the fact that I went to a better school than you did and figured out that you are gay.)

Also, does your “girlfriend” know you’re gay, that you hate women, and that if you have daughters that you will try to destroy their confidence and try to make them feel that you will only love and value them if they are skinny? Make sure to let her know all of that, and see if she marries you.

Better yet, show her these comments, and see how she feels. If she has half a brain she’ll run for the hills.

I dare you, loser.