Ke$ha: 'I Wouldn't Say I'm Gay or Straight'

Ke$ha: 'I Wouldn't Say I'm Gay or Straight'

Ke$ha opens up to Out in a new interview, speaking about her musical background, her sexuality and working with Katy Perry.

Here’s what the 22-year-old “TiK ToK” chart-topper had to share:

On her musical background: “My mom wrote country music, so I listened to a lot of country, and my brother listened to punk, so he gave me Fugazi records. To rebel, I started listening to dance!”

On her sexuality: I like people. I wouldn’t say I’m gay or straight – I don’t like labeling things anyway. I just like people.

On appearing in the “I Kissed A Girl” video: “I had no idea it was going to be such a massive hit!”

Check out the rest of the interview at Out.com!

• Johnny Galecki and Kelli Garner have decided to split- US Weekly
  • Check out a new poster for Jane the Virgin- Just Jared Jr
  • Read some of Helen Mirren's most inspirational quotes- Huffington Post
  • How much is Katie Holmes' new home in Calabasas?- Lainey Gossip
  • Kristin Cavallari shows off her body in a very tight dress- Hollywood Tuna

She says: I look like a dog!!!

that song tik-tok is cool, but that chic is a way fugly and looks like a man! looks like rob snyder of twisted sista! :D

I n F a m o u s l y C o o l @ 01/04/2010 at 10:13 pm

..`she’s a non-singing (or rapping) horse-faced hermaphrodite. most people become famous first before they start looking like dirty, strung-out, crack whōres. ahahahaha..
tik-tok kind of rocks.

I like her a lot.

Ewwwwwwwww………. !! Is that a man or a woman?
Oh and its yet another dumb biiiich saying she’s bi for attention.

Sigh. Another person in the music industry who can’t sing. Where’s the talent?

pretty young girl @ 01/05/2010 at 2:21 am

Lame music,lyrics and now maybe bi sexual to fit in. I have nothing against gays.

whats with everyone saying they’re not gay or not straight…just so they won’t offend?

Look out Lady Gaga…someone is trying to steal your already stolen identity!!!

She has to take it from wherever she can get it!

It wouldn’t break my heart a bit if she was gay!

I hope she stays away from Tikiller

no1 cares
it’s just obvious she’s saying that 2 get attention
every1 these days say their bi when they’re really not…

There are some things I’d rather not know!

oh god…another lady gaga wannabe. “idk if Im gay or straight, I dont like labels” like wtf? why does everyone say that now? IRRITATING!!!

For the sake of me and my brothers, I pray she’s gay!

CLOSE MINDED PEOPLE -.- @ 01/21/2010 at 9:58 pm

@chelsey: Because LABELS are what make people so judgmental. Sure, they may be useful but in a world with so many close minded & ignorant people, it’s like that’s all they see in someone. You should like people for who they are, not what they are. And a FACT that is hidden within homophobia, is that nobody is 100% straight nor 100% gay. Therefore everybody actually is somewhat bisexual. Don’t believe me? Well all I can say is it’s time to open your mind.

I hope she is bi cause id love to go out on a date with her lol….she hella funny there arnt that many girl like her that i’ve seen or maybe she the only one but she rocks and she hot

LMFAOLMFAOLMFAO, wow. Kesha cant’ sing for ****, why is she even having her music out

sometimes i think that she a lesbo

LilTigress6987 @ 04/29/2010 at 1:14 pm

she says in her video on VEVO that she likes babes and boobs… what does that tell you?

if people talk bad about you the are ***** stupid how will they like it if somebody was talkin bad about them

vnlkfeñnvked @ 05/16/2010 at 3:58 pm

you are perfect critizing: sayng she is ugly-she cant sing-she is steeling her identities. i ma sure every one who ci crytizing are only jeleous. cause she is famouse and u are not. all of you are ugly and do not how to sing. and abput her sexuality; any one of you nows really if she is sain it really or not. so stop feeling you are more important then you are!!!
dont be so jelos!!!!

darrel levert @ 06/08/2010 at 1:27 am

everyone is always so judgemental…no wonder she wont say if she is gay or straight ..you morons will have something to say regardless…if you dont like her..dont listen to her..obviously you all like her otherwise you wouldn’t of found this place…morons…let her sing her music for the people wjo like her…and if she is gay…who the hell cares…people need to get a life…..

DwightHowardFan12 @ 07/04/2010 at 12:18 pm

I actually enjoy her music (although I hear she’s horrible live!)… I think she’s different and brings a nice edge to some of the music that has started to all sound the same! I do think it’s funny she was even mentioned about being in the Katy Perry video cuz she’s one of the minor people in there…. there are several girls who were shown WAY more than her… infact, I had to watch it twice to even see what part was hers… but that ratty hair of hers is way obvious in the vid! I like Katy Perry much better than Kesha though… SHE is amazing and SO different!! :)

ke$ha's future hubby @ 08/17/2010 at 7:12 pm

thats my future wife :D

Ke$ha is an amazing person. Nobody cares if you post hating comments about her, because we know you just post it because either you want attention or your friends hate her but you secretly love her. So whatever. Besides, if you DON’T like her, why click on this damned thing unless you want attention, or just want to put her down? And, once again, besides, she doesn’t care. It’s not like she’s going to read them, because she’s not going to go out looking for them. She’s an amazing person, and if you can’t see that, sorry for you.
BTW, hope she’s bi, too, cuz she’s, once again, amazing!

first of all whoever made this website chose a really bad picture of her, kesha is beautiful. and she’s not saying she doesnt like labels for attention. shes being honest. most people who are bi don’t like labels because otherwise everyone says we’re “confused” .. as she says, we are who we are. get over it people.

everybody needs to quit hating on kesha just let her be herself for crying out loud if shes gay shes gay oh well just get over it. i love kesha so people need to get a life and leave kesha alone. I LOVE YOU KESHA!!!

has anyone ever even TRIED listening to her unreleased, non auto-tune songs b4 saying she cant sing? didnt think so….