Gabourey Sidibe Covers 'V' Magazine Issue #63

Gabourey Sidibe Covers 'V' Magazine Issue #63

Precious starlet Gabourey Sidibe puts her best face forward on the cover of V magazine’s issue #63.

“Growing up, there weren’t a lot of actresses and singers who looked like me,” the 26-year-old actress told V. “There were no real times that I thought maybe I can do it, until Mo’Nique came along. She’s a plus-sized woman who didn’t care about one day being skinny.”

“All my life I’ve been hearing that I’ll never amount to anything until I am skinny,” Gabby said. “And she disproved everything that everyone has ever told me.”

Gabby shares a double-cover with Dakota Fanning on V‘s newest issue – on newsstands today!

Bigger cover pic and bonus photo inside…

gabourey sidibe cover v magazine the size issue 63 01
gabourey sidibe cover v magazine the size issue 63 02

Photos: Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin/V
Posted to: Gabourey Sidibe

Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

pretty FACE bad SHOTS.

I n F a m o u s l y C o o l @ 01/15/2010 at 12:09 am

..`this might be the unsexiest magazine cover i’ve ever seen.
if sofia vergara is called – “viāgra”.. gabourey sidibe should be called the ‘anti-viāgra’. ahahahahahahahaha.. she’s the opposite of viāgra. ahahahahahaha..

Hope she wins Golden Globe and Oscar for her role…she’s beautiful in a different way perhaps in a way that media and pop culture hasn’t exposed..like her though.

ummmmmmmmm @ 01/15/2010 at 12:15 am

being skinny or being “plus sized” (aka obese) arent the only options.
how about try being HEALTHY, betch!

aww shes cute. I want more actresses that aren’t so obsessed with looking perfect.

@ummmmmmmmm:

Agreed. Nobody said she has to be skinny…but she is obese and is killing herself.

I hope that she gets the Golden Globe

I hope that she gets the Golden Globe

brightside @ 01/15/2010 at 12:23 am

There we have it – proof that, no matter what the camera angle, fat is just not visually appealing. She does not look good, or sexy, or attractive at any angle. She just looks fat.

This is telling people that obesity is ok, and that women should be happy even if they way over weight. ITS WRONG and unhealthy!

I’m sorry but the movie wasn’t that good. Monique gave the best performance hands down. this girl? meh.

Let’s hope she survives the impending cardiac arrest. This woman is not healthy. Just like it is immoral and inappropriate to promote anorexia same exact standards apply to obesity. This woman looks like an elephant and probably weighs as much as one too. There is no such thing as “big and beautiful”. Fat is not attractive and is extremely unhealthy.

Prettigurlz @ 01/15/2010 at 12:49 am

@brightside: Thats very rude I’d like to see how u look bitchhh!!! Juss cause she look diffrent dnt mean u gotta hate

It’s great that she feels positive within herself, but that’s not going to do her any favours when she collapses with a heart attack or loses her legs to type 2 Diabetes. I dont care how happy she says she is, the physical strain she MUST feel at times cant feel great.

i know that alot of people say that we are going of one extreme to another but for hollywood accepted plus-size women is a great step i know is not healthy to have that weight but is not easy for people with that weight to lose it they need to feel accepted by society not rejected.

and yes people should be happy even in they have overweight then they can make changes to became healthy and even thought is unhealthy some people have the genes to become obese she can lose eight but she would never be a size 3 or 5 .i think we shoul be less critics i am sure she have to fight hard to to get where she is.

Jokergurl @ 01/15/2010 at 1:07 am

I am sorry but this gal does NOT look healthy, she’s obese, this is not a good message to be sending, it’s not okay to be pin thin, but it’s not okay to be obese either. Just why? Your joints, your heart, everything suffers when you look like this. I’m seriously surprised that a fashion forward mag would put this woman on the cover.

Oh nooo….

I can’t stand women who say “Oh you should love the skin you’re in” blah blah blah its a broken record and its sending BAD messages. Yes, its not healthy to be super skinny. But its just as bad to be this overweight.
There is a massive difference between being curvacious and being dangerously overweight.
She is basically sending a message like its okay to be fat. Sorry, its not. Everyone in the western world has assess to healthy stuff and exercise. So don’t promote obesity as if its okay because its dangerous and disgusting!!

brightside @ 01/15/2010 at 1:24 am

@Prettigurlz: What on earth is rude about saying that fat is an unappealing look. I don’t hate her, I just wouldn’t want to look at her, or look like her. I’m happy being a very healthy size 4 thank you, with no obesity related health issues.

@ummmmmmmmm:

got to agree there. it is great to see an actress that isn’t killing herself to be skinny but she’s still killing herself by being fat. or rather obese. the entire medical community will agree.

it is sad to think that this young woman might not be around to share her gift because she reckless disregards the health issues her weight is very likely to cause and therefore does nothing about them.

this is repulsive.