Jared Padalecki: Conan The Barbarian Competitor -- EXCLUSIVE

Jared Padalecki: Conan The Barbarian Competitor -- EXCLUSIVE

Supernatural star Jared Padalecki is the third actor in the running to star in the remake of Conan The Barbarian, sources tell JustJared.com.

It was reported earlier this week that Kellan Lutz (Twilight) and Jason Momoa (Stargate: Atlantis, Baywatch) are the two others in competition for the role.

Conan is set to start production on March 15 in Bulgaria but as previously reported that Padalecki‘s schedule might be causing a little bit of trouble — he plans on tying the knot with fiancee Genevieve Cortese this spring in Sun Valley, Idaho.

Directing Conan is Marcus Nispel, who worked with Jared on the 2009 horror flick Friday the 13th.

WHO DO YOU THINK is right for the Conan role — Kellan, Jason or Jared?

Getty
  • Former NFL kicker Rob Bironas passed away at 36 - US Weekly
  • Amber Heard's nude photos hit the web - TMZ
  • Find out why Sarah Silverman is slamming the tabloids - Gossip Cop
  • Kendall Jenner rocked 3 totally different looks in Milan - Just Jared Jr
  • Sir Mix-A-Lot is happy Nicki Minaj used his famous song - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is madly in love with his family - Lainey Gossip
  • Rosie Huntington-Whiteley always looks amazing - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Show All

Jared Padalecki, 4 sure.

shannanigans @ 01/16/2010 at 5:21 pm

I love Jared Padalecki, he’s great in everything he does. (Just Jared, this is a manip photo, fyi.)

Jared ! then I would definitely watch the movie.

Maybe the only reason to watch the movie (the picture is a manip)

you know that this pic of jared in the post is a fake right?
maybe you should change it before anyone else realizes it…

In that case I would watch the movie.

brightside @ 01/16/2010 at 5:38 pm

None. I like Jared best – have done so since Supernatural but Arnie was, and always will be, the definitive Conan. He grunted and glared in all the right places and didn’t talk much.

The Comedian @ 01/16/2010 at 5:39 pm

Definitively a manip, so much for the journalistic work guys
Anyway, he is SO NOT a Conan type ! I love the guy but it’s not a role for me
I wonder if he ever heard about this !!

jared padalecki is the love of my life <3 i hope you get the part jared ! i dont even care if he gets engaged i just want him to go on a tlk show so i can meet him <3 :D but ew. hate her !

ohforgoodnesssakes @ 01/16/2010 at 5:44 pm

That is a sad manip that has been going around for years. THAT IS NOT HIS BODY. At least use a picture that isn’t a manip. Geesh.

modeztgirl @ 01/16/2010 at 5:47 pm

Definitely Jared!!

I can’t even take this story seriously because you clearly can’t bother to find a REAL picture of Jared Padalecki. Also, you might want to correct the spelling of his last name. You have it as Padelecki.

As much as I like Jared from Supernatural, I’m not sure he’d make the best Conan. Why the hell are they remaking Conan anyways?

what does manip mean?

ohforgoodnesssakes @ 01/16/2010 at 5:52 pm

@jamie:
It means it’s a photoshopped picture. Someone added his head on a different body.

I think of the 3, Jason Momoa (from Stargate Atlantis) is best suited for the role.

I love Jared on Supernatural (and I think he’d be great in romantic comedies), but I just can’t see him as Conan. For me, it’s a no-brainer; Jason Momoa. He has the size and build, the right look and persona, and the PERFECT voice. If they’re going to do a remake of Conan, they should go with Momoa.

It’s funny how you guys seem surprised JJ doesn’t know this is fake. Why is that so obvious? Sheeez lighten up..

I don’t want him all bulked up.
NO! >_<

jason momoa. He is fantastic and seems he would fit the role best.

Jared for sure

Hell yeah @ 01/16/2010 at 6:39 pm

Jared, absolutely. I love him.

Daniel Cudmore was autioning for the role too.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Show All