Maleficent: The Movie -- Coming to a Theater Near You!

Maleficent: The Movie -- Coming to a Theater Near You!

Director Tim Burton is reportedly developing a new spin on a classic Disney story – he’ll be telling the story of Sleeping Beauty from villain Maleficent‘s perspective!

The film, tentatively entitled Maleficent, will reportedly be comprised of both live action and CGI effects, according to Ain’t It Cool News.

After all, Maleficent IS Just Jared‘s favorite Disney villain — he even dressed up like her for Halloween!

Yessssssssssssssssss!

• Johnny Galecki and Kelli Garner have decided to split- US Weekly
  • Check out a new poster for Jane the Virgin- Just Jared Jr
  • Read some of Helen Mirren's most inspirational quotes- Huffington Post
  • How much is Katie Holmes' new home in Calabasas?- Lainey Gossip
  • Kristin Cavallari shows off her body in a very tight dress- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

why is there a picture of Kate Gosselin here?

why do you have to insult the wonderful Maleficent by comparing her to kate gosselin?

I think Vanessa Hudgens should be in this..as sleeping beauty

wonka bar @ 01/19/2010 at 5:31 pm

Disney has obviously seen the final cut by now of “Alice in Wonderland” by Burton, so i know it must be pretty impressive for them to give Burton another film already.

I think they should re-tell Peter Pan from the POV of Captain Hook.

Free Angelina from Brad @ 01/19/2010 at 5:46 pm

Last year there was a rumor that Angelina Jolie would play Maleficent . I think that would be wonderful casting :) But I’m sure Burton will cast his wife and Johnny Depp. But it is kind of funny that Angelina is about to start filming with Johnny soon ;)

WHY? Is Tim Burton only doing movies under Disney now? ugh!

I n F a m o u s l y C o o l @ 01/19/2010 at 5:56 pm

..womp womp. burton gets a thumbs down. maybe this would be interesting to someone under 10.

@Jill:

Yeaaah! Maybe do a set of movies from the villain’s perspectives….?

Same here jj can’t wait.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
I love it!!!!!! She is the best Disney villain everrrrrrr

Lowest denominator @ 01/19/2010 at 6:09 pm

Tim Burton’s career started at Disney.
This is not so out-of-the-ordinary.

@Jill: They have! it’s called HOOK.

anything tim burton is worth the shot

It’s probably somehow kind of unfair from Tim Burton to always cast his wife Elena Bonham Carter and Depp but these two are so wonderfully marvellous. They’re AMAZING. True that it would be cool to have a set of movies from the Disney villains’ point of views, I LOVE villains haha. And # 6, I never heard that Angelina rumor but it would be cool. I totally see her being the evil witch (no pun intended HA). Nah, seriously, she has a villain face (drop dead gorgeous though). Her and Depp as an item is going to be mind-blowing! I can’t wait. I can’t wait for this. Burton is actually my favorite director…he always does dark, gloomy, gothic-like, deadly, morbid, super odd movies, I LOVE it. =)

OOOOH — Jared, seriously I think this is my favorite post ever! Sleeping Beauty is my favorite (and underappreciated) Disney movie, I’m a huge fan of Tim Burton, and I loved your Halloween costume! So excited for this.

she shall remain nameless @ 01/19/2010 at 8:55 pm

I always thought it was Magnificent instead of Maleficent!! Anyway, the original creeps me out because she has that scary eyes and voice…now Burton is gonna make it better!!!!! :)))))))

vanessa as sleeping beauty? good idea except she is not blonde

I LOVE Malificent, but I just don’t know how I feel about this… Part of her allure is that you don’t know exactly why she wants to kill Sleeping Beauty. Taking away all of the mystery might ruin it.

Amber-louise @ 01/19/2010 at 10:10 pm

I think Burton should start working with actors other than his wife and Jonny Depp although I do love them both. Am disappointed Anne Hathaway was cast in Alice In Wonderland though, cause she sucks and reminds me of a donkey.

I love sleeping beauty, its my favorite disney princess movie…

this will either be super epic and great or just terrible and sad…I hope its awesome because it could be amazing.

Jokergurl @ 01/20/2010 at 2:30 am

I love Maleficent she scared the crap out of me when I watched sleeping beauty as a kid. Angelina Jolie would make a great Maleficent, she makes a good villainess. I wonder who would play Sleeping Beauty, Amy Adams perhaps? Emily Blunt for an edgier Sleeping Beauty, Anne Hathaway, Isabel Lucas? Who knows. Johnny Depp would make a cool Prince Phillip or Colin Farrell then again David Beckham actually LOOKS like Prince Phillip, seriously it’s weird! I wonder who would play Flora Fauna and Merryweather? Okay I’m just being a Disney vidiot now :) I think Tim Burton could really make this freaky but in a good way.

I loovvveee Maleficent and now there’s a movie. She is my all time favorite disney villan XD can’t wait to see this!

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All