Jason Momoa IS Conan The Barbarian

Jason Momoa IS Conan The Barbarian

Stargate Atlantis actor Jason Momoa has been tapped to play the infamous warrior in the remake of Conan The Barbarian according to THR.

As reported earlier, Jason was in the running along with Kellan Lutz (Twilight) as well as Jared Padalecki (Supernatural).

Marcus Nispel will be directing the film and Conan should be in theaters by summer of 2011. Shooting will start in mid-March in Bulgaria.

Sources tell JustJared.com that producers are trying to get Mickey Rourke to play the father.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Jason Momoa winning the spot for Conan – YAY or NAY?

Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All
The best person ever! @ 01/21/2010 at 11:04 pm

NAY. My vote was for Kellan

I'd go see it! @ 01/21/2010 at 11:06 pm

dude is hot…I say yay! I would definitely go see it if he were in it.

Melody1836 @ 01/21/2010 at 11:08 pm

well, I’m torn:
on the one hand I love Jason Momoa, he was my absolute favorite character on Stargate Atlantis, he’s good-looking, a solid actor and he’s got great fighting skills (or at least he knows how to mimic fighting very well…)
on the other hand, is it really such a great idea to shoot a remake of Conan the Barbarian ? I mean this movie is iconic, what if the movie’s bad? does this mean we’ll never see Jason anywhere ever ??

plus I think Jared Padalecki would have been really hot as a half-naked barbarian :))

yay cuz Mickey Rourke might be in it!

That’s fine. Personally, I would’ve preferred Jared Padalecki, simply because I love him dearly, but that’s ok. Jared’s busy with Supernatural anyway.

YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!
sorry had to get that out…. AWESOME CHOICE!

I n F a m o u s l y C o o l @ 01/21/2010 at 11:20 pm

..nay! ..i’m not watching it. a dreaded conan?!? no thank you.

i think he deserved it. he’s pretty hot without all that beard

Yay! Just like I predicted! Great choice! :)

It was a nice choice. He looks like Cona, he’s a good actor.
Let’s see what that boy can do.

Sure, why not?

Great choice..only problem the first Conan was horrible, I hope this one is much better..

YAY!! He’s a great actor and was really good on Stargate. Better than that douchebag Kellan Lutz!!!

mrs_fuzzybee @ 01/21/2010 at 11:47 pm

I thinking AWWW YEAH BRING ON THE SEXY! Jason oh yeah – excellent fit.

Oh, I’m so glad! I want to see his career flourish. He’s so friggin handsome.

french girl @ 01/22/2010 at 12:16 am

YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY !!!! HE IS SOO HOT ! ! I AM SO JEALOUS OF LISA BONET

Absolutely yay! He has the physicality and the look. I think he will do great.

YESSSSSS! I was hoping they would be smart and pick the right guy. The others are just pretty boys with OK acting skills. Jason is SEXY and a fab actor.

YAY! Great choice, not many people know about Jason Mamoa but he’s super talented and hott to boot. I can’t wait for the movie!

yay for jason!!! he was the perfect choice!!!

pepper rigs @ 01/22/2010 at 1:43 am

NAY i wanted Kellen

I don’t know for the Conan thing….it seems lame. But that man is so HOT!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! I wanted him…..It´s perfect!!!! :D