Oprah Winfrey to Interview Jay Leno

Oprah Winfrey to Interview Jay Leno

Oprah Winfrey will interview Jay Leno for an episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show next week, she announced Friday (January 22).

The talk show queen announced that she will travel to Los Angeles for a one-on-one interview with the late-night host (via ABC), to air Thursday, January 28.

NBC released a statement yesterday confirming that Conan O’Brien would be released from his contract and would no longer host The Tonight Show after January 22.

Jay will return to The Tonight Show on March 1.

ABC

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
domesticdiva @ 01/22/2010 at 1:59 pm

I am a fan of Jay. Glad Jay is back.

Oh that’s the ticket Jay – go on Oprah appeal to the mini van crowd — the same group of ladies that are in bed by 10pm and never watched your primetime show to begin with.

I think Conan funnier than Jaj

WHY? Did he write a new version of the Bible? Please!!

Whatever2 @ 01/22/2010 at 2:16 pm

Glad to see jay speak forhimself rather than let people act like they know the actual business negotions that went on in the past and present.

well i know what i wont be watching on the 28th. i never thought he was funny but now i just cant stand him.

Glad Jay is back? He never left. He just moved to 10 p.m. Since you’re a self proclaimed fan, maybe you should have watched him then so his ratings wouldn’t have sucked and we wouldn’t be in this mess.

Whatever2 @ 01/22/2010 at 2:25 pm

“I bet Johnny Carson is spinning in his grave. He hated Jay too and knew the bully he was.”

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/01/22/oprah-winfrey-to-interview-jay-leno/#comment-16700749#ixzz0dN3JsJvc
At the end of the day that’s how hollywood is, you have to be somewhat of a bully to get what you want in the industry otherwise hollywood will eat you alive

And the Damage control continues…..
face it, Jay lost.
He’s sitting in a sinking ship.

The only people speaking positive for Jay are his employees trying to keep their jobs.

Oprah and Jay are friends – she endorsed him when he got the tonight show and now. The only difference is that this time, he really is the jerk.

It’s such a shame that people are making this a battle between Conan and Jay. It’s NBC that makes the decisions. Jay and Conan are just hired hands. Jay can’t tell NBC what to do. If Conan’s show had solid to great ratings, NBC would’ve just canceled Jay’s 10 pm show and Conan would’ve kept the Tonight Show and Jay would no longer have a show on NBC. Simple as that.

So Judgemental @ 01/22/2010 at 2:56 pm

@uck Jay Leno and his $800 million bank account. Why not interview Conan. I would rather hear what he is doing next or how he and his family personally are dealing.. not Jay “I can never be away from the cameras for a split moment” Leno who will use this moment to attempt to repair his reputation. I can tell you right now what he will say..

I am 60 and don’t feel I am too old..not my fault.. I have no family other then my wife and car collection..not my fault..nothing better to do…not my fault..I go where they tell me to no matter who it hurts or what franchise I destroy.. I’m a nice guy.

I loved Jimmy Kimmel on the Jay Leno Show..
“Listen Jay.. Conan and I have children.. all you have to take care of is cars.. we have families, we have lives to lead here and you have $800 million dollars in the bank for God’s sake leave our shows alone!”

NEVER liked Jay.. Johnny Carson would be rolling over in his grave at what these IDIOTS have done to his show.. Jay needs to clean his image. I for one will not watch. I don’t find Jay funny in the least. And I do place the blame on him and NBC. Conan go the shaft.

So turn off the lights of the Tonight Show. IT will never be the same.

I hate the team stuff.. but I side with Conan

@mickey:

NO he can’t tell them what to do.. but he could have said NO.

Jay wanted to stay the tube and took the 10 pm spot.. FAILED and now wants back what was working for him.. PROBLEM is that show is gone.. And so is the audience.. What are they going to say when the ratings are sh*t too… Will it be Conan’s fault then..Jay could not bring the ratings in at 10 pm.. That is the bottom line. And his failure affected Conan’s show as well..

So lets see what happens. and trust if the ratings are not there JAY and NBC are going to look like even bigger losers.

Let the games begin.

missing link @ 01/22/2010 at 3:28 pm

BIG JAW MAN IS NICE MEAL FOR SABRETOOTH TIGER.

ARGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@rocky: What’s the connection?

@mickey: If you read the reports, Conan did have fine ratings. Someimes Letterman beat him and sometimes he beat Letterman. When Jay’s show started Letterman consistently beat Conan. Jay started laying the bricks for this move a few months ago by telling the media he would go back but, ha ha ha – Conan has the job – ha ha ha… I am not Jaded, but Jay cannot fool so many people, can he. He is certainly trying to hide behind NBC, but he knows he has as much to do with this as they do. Hubris put him at 10pm. And, bullying is putting him back to 11:35. Letterman is a jerk, but when they offered him the tonight show after it was already given to Jay, he at least jumped ship and went to CBS.

dollhouse @ 01/22/2010 at 3:46 pm

What a complete JERK. Conan, the funniest guy in the world, has a clause stating that he CAN’T give an interview until September 1st, and YET AGAIN, Jay the tool swoops in for a quick Oprah interview. F U JAY YOU SUCK!!!!

All i know is that NBC has sunk and will continue sinking even with watered-down Jay Leno as a host again. I have zero respect for that network. I will follow Conan wherever he goes, and I hope to God that his new show will take place in New York..He is far too kind and genuine for a city as trashy and manipulative as Los Angeles. TEAM COCO!

Oh, and those who are trying to say it’s not Jay’s fault and he was FORCED to take the position need to shut it. If he had ANY integrity he would have told NBC “do what you want to the tonight show but i refuse to STEAL it from someone who has worked for it for 15 years” the end.

Jay is king of late night

The only people that watch jay leno and oprah are A) senior citizens who manage to stay up past 9pm to catch leno at 1130, B) middle aged/menopausal women or C) people with no sense of humour

Conan is awesome and attracts the younger more vibrant crowd, thats why he wasn’t able to bring the rating on the boring watered down tonight show.

I am so over Jay.

What Conan proved to me these last two weeks, is that I need an edgier show. I liked bitcy Conan.

I did not like Conan when he did all those silly stunts.
And same for Jay.

Hopefully when Conan comes back he will still be on fire!

@CLINIQUA That was a funny comment, hehehehe

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All