Nicole Kidman Hires Angelina Jolie's Manager

Nicole Kidman Hires Angelina Jolie's Manager

Nicole Kidman has felt the need to switch up her career — she recently hired Angelina Jolie‘s manager Geyer Kosinski (inset) of Media Talent Group.

Deadline reports that “Kosinski is known to be very controlling, very secretive, very involved with his clients’ lives (and hates talking to the media).”

In July, the 42-year-old Aussie actress hired PR powerhouse 42 West after having PMK/HBH’s Catherine Olim as her publicist for 15 years.

ARE YOU LOOKING forward to seeing how Nicole Kidman’s career pans out?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Show All

she fired her manager?

good luck to her. i like her

Let’s hope this will be a great proffessional move for Nicole….maybe more celebs should get with Angelina’s publicist since the celebs can’t stand the paps or their biz’ness being made public.

Best of wishes for Nicole Kidman.

Maybe she will have better luck this time around. And it seems like everybody from PMK/HBH are parting ways.

Well, I love Nicky, and I always will.
I have seen almost all of her movies
and I think that she is a wonderful actress
and a sweet gentle soul.

I am so happy that she has found happiness.
I look forward to seeing her next movie.
I loved her in the movie called “Nine.”

Angelina DOES NOT have a publicist or an agent.

CanadaGirl @ 01/23/2010 at 1:00 pm

Love Nic but how will this move help? Angelina’s career is no better than hers. They have both started starring in interesting films that are not huge box-office successes (cartoon films excepted).
*shrugg* Hope it works out for her.
Aside – Angelina looks really different from this angle.

Ms Anonymous @ 01/23/2010 at 1:06 pm

@I n F a m o u s l y C o o l:

GOD you are an idiot, she is not the flop queen.

Angelina looks all plastic on that picture. Her nose screams NOSE JOB!!!!! Period
Isn’t she supposed to be NOT so concerned with her image??? Well she clearly is, since she had some plastic stuff done.
Natural beauty MY A.S.S! Nuff Said.

dianad1968 @ 01/23/2010 at 1:19 pm

@CanadaGirl:

#8

LOL, You just don’t give up being an idiot do you? Angie’s last three films earned over 1 billion dollars world wide.You do know how much a billion is? LOL

@I n F a m o u s l y C o o l: Shut da funk up
Nicole >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Angelina.
sit down.

@CanadaGirl:

to answer the last question. this picture was taken a few years ago. Nicole narrated the film.. God Grew Tired of US.. (beautiful documentary)

Angie has an excellent career. She works with some of the best directors.. Eastwood, De niro, Philip Noyce.. as well as some of the best men.. So please don’t try and demean Angie in this thread.. It is not about her.. but Nicole.

I think Nicole wants a change.. I like Geyer. I like that he is not always in the media spot light. He has worked with Angie for over 19 years.. a long time. They are more like family at this point.

I like Nicole. SHE has a lot of class.

Jared you’re voice is becoming snarky with a reliance on rumors. Ugh.

Yes, Jared is working for someone alright. Perhaps it is best to quit coming here as JJ plays his biased head games against certain stars. JJ sounds like he has a case of sour grapes or he is a puppet for someone?

Best of luck to Nicole, Keith and her were awesome in the video tribute for Simon Baker. She should let her hair down more often. If it is true the new manager is controlling, a rumor as best..I imagine Nicole had years of experience dealing with a controller, she’ll handle it just fine. Someone is stoking the fires, Huvane?

Nicole Kidman is an actress not a movie star. That’s why she goes for roles that have more artistic values than financial values unlike her ex-husband who only cares about how much $$ he’s going to make or how much spotlight he’s going to get compared to his co-stars.

I doubt a change in management would help Nicole at this point. Her face is the reason nobody wants to hire her and the reason that, when she is hired, she looks so ridiculous on the screen. Her face can’t move!! Did any of you see “Australia” or “The Golden Compass”?? Those are the most recent Kidman movies I have tried to watch. Nicole looks like a plastic doll with absolutely no movement in her face. It’s hard to watch. That’s why nobody wants to see her. I don’t know if Geyer can help her. He’s good, but not that good!! Hopefully he can talk her into stopping with the botox and aging naturally. Good luck with that!!

On another note . . . I wonder why those who dislike Angelina Jolie continue to say her career is not doing well and that her movies are all bombs!! It doesn’t make sense. “Wanted” earned well over $300M worldwide and “Changling” earned over $150M worldwide. In what world are those “bombs”? I won’t even mention the animated movies because they have earned multi-millions and she is now working on the second “Kung Fu Panda.” Most actresses in Hollywood would kill for a career like Angelina’s. Stop talking stupid!!

Who cares! It is Nicole’s career her decision. Oh & nice ‘source” Jared. Nikke Finke always insults Nicole. That is not a real ‘reporter” in my book. A real reporter is someone who just reports what is happening.

Kidman’s last two movies (Australia and The Golden Compass) made about $600 million worldwide. That’s more than Angelina Jolie. And I don’t think she cares much about box-office anyway. She seems more interested in working with great directors. And so far, she has worked with some of the best (Gus Van Sant, Stanley Kubrick, Jane Campion, Lars Von Trier, Anthony Minghella, Baz Luhrmann, Alejandro Amenabar, Jonathan Glazer, Noah Baumbach, John Cameron Mitchell…) Anyone who says she has “one of the worst careers” is absolutely ridiculous…

groundcontrol @ 01/23/2010 at 2:00 pm

Kidman is an excellent actress. I first noticed her in a small film from her pre-Cruise days with Dunham Elliot (IIRC) about drug smuggling in Asia. She was so good. I realized that SHE was the real actor in the Cruise-Kidman family.
Kidman also has recovered from the Tom Cruise debacle and seems to have returned to her family roots.
Kosinski is a respected and good manager. He should be able to provide healthy guidance to Kidman. But she has to make the final decisions. The idea that Kosinski or anyone “controls” strong women like Jolie or Kidman is just plain silly. There is a reason why Jolie has never surrounded herself with some typical Hollywood entourage of publicists, agents, etc. – she is her own person and she can make her own decisions. She has proven that you do not need these retainers to succeed in the industry. Uh oh. They must hate Jolie for that independance – it really threatens their livelihoods.

lalalaove @ 01/23/2010 at 2:00 pm

News? Why?

Oh...how...lovely.... @ 01/23/2010 at 2:18 pm

What?? I thought Jolie doesn’t need any help with anything. I thought she didn’t have a mgr or pr people. I also thought she does all the cooking and raising of the kids all because she is SUPERWOMAN. And I got that info right here on this blog so I KNOW IT’S TRUE. Because the LOONS KNOW ALL THINGS BRANGELINA, and Aniston too. It is such a wealth of knowledge on this blogs. Every time I log off I KNOW I LEARNED SOMETHING IMPORTANT. Hahahahahahaha

I love Nicole Kidman… great actress, great person… she is beautiful

so disrespectful @ 01/23/2010 at 2:20 pm

I wish Nicole all the best but her career can’t be saved. Maybe she needs to do a scantly clad magazine cover, a tell all about nutty Tom Cruise or try to become tabloid foder. You do not need talent anymore. You need the tabloids to make you famous. Angelina Jolie is sucessful because she don’t allow a PR team to define who she is. Geyer Kosinski and Angelina make a great team because he does not pigeon hold her in to one genre of films.

African Girl @ 01/23/2010 at 2:22 pm