Adam Lambert Talks Fashion Inspirations in Vman Magazine

Adam Lambert Talks Fashion Inspirations in Vman Magazine

Adam Lambert strikes a pose in the newest issue of Vman magazine’s Issue #17, on newsstands Thursday (January 28).

The 28-year-old entertainer, featured in the magazine’s “How to Dress Like A Pop Star” feature, spoke about where he’s found inspiration for his fashion.

“What I do has been done before,” Adam shared. “It’s glam. I’m inspired by the ’70s and ’80s. Bowie is a huge influence. So are hair bands.”

“Why must a crazy look necessarily be gay?” Adam continued. “Our society is more fearful, I guess. And they don’t party enough. Everyone was partying in the ’80s.”

Adam will put his fashion skills to good use as he serves as a fashion correspondent for Entertainment Tonight‘s Grammy coverage on Monday, February 1!

“I’m overly honest, so that will probably show through,” Adam told ET. “I won’t be mean, though. I’m not mean.”

Adam Lambert – Vman Magazine #17

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All
Wicked Glitter @ 01/25/2010 at 9:38 pm

Adam looks gorgeous as always in these pictures. Adam is in Toronto today surrounded by loving fans who don’t judge. or make fun of him . If he never came back I wouldn’t blame him. I would be upset, but happy for him. He is becoming a huge star, just like we (all of his fans) knew he would. It’s too bad the very people who should have stood up for him didn’t because of jealousy. Instead of being jealous, why not just enjoy the termendous gift he is sharing with us?

he’s so hot and lovely

Congrats on your album going GOLD dude!

When heavily photoshopped, he manages to look pretty good. Still is rather arrogant of him though to compare himself to Bowie (even tacitly). Bowie was a skilled songwriter, musician, and artist of the highest caliber. Lambert is merely a celebuwhore.

I have to 100% agree…we as a society don’t party enough..I toast to that!!! Lol!! Got love that guy

LMAO I LOVE HIM.

Europeans party way more and eat good food, maybe that’s why they’re more comfortable with their sexuality and bodies, and perhaps why for instance an Italian man wearing fitted jeans and a bright shirt is not instantaneously going to be accused of being gay in 2.5 seconds. Homophobia has replaced the Red scare.

He’s so sexy in that shot by the way

@Emile……you are a bizarre little chicky aren’t you? What?? Go take your meds. You make no sense.

no talent @ 01/25/2010 at 9:54 pm

posing seems to be his thing….singing? not

cheep cheep @ 01/25/2010 at 9:56 pm

He looks like a baby bird waiting for somebody to drop “something” in his mouth.

nitpicker @ 01/25/2010 at 9:59 pm

@Emile: I disagree. He is stunning without makeup and photoshop:

tinypic.com/msfo8.jpg

tinypic.com/sg4nk5.jpg

tinypic.com/6q8cva.jpg

He didn’t compare himself to Bowie at all. He is heavily influenced by Bowie, who IS one of his musical Idols which is exactly what he said. His dad was a

Deadhead and DJ, credit to him for teaching him good music and credit to his mom for raising such a respectful, good humored, positive son.

@cheep cheep: Your ***** is showing. these are outtakes btw.

Heeee, I can not wait for his Red Carpet Grammy correspondence.

He is hilarious but so LOVELY and smart. His brain, I’m in love with it.

Ridiculous, listen to this: this http://www.cbc.ca/q/

At 400% magnification craters ARE visible.

I wonder if the Justin Timberlake collab rumor is true, that would be so hot. Ha. Has there been anyone who HASN’T fallen in love with Adam upon or after meeting him? I love all the random tweets that are always sayin the same things “just met Adam Lambert. Oh my gosh, he is too sweet for words” “what a sweetheart” “Adam Lambert is a doll” “what a freaking charmer” “so sweet, friendly, bubbly, down to earth, warm” etc. And he is so popular with celebs and musical and film legends, I’m proud of him. So many legends respect him. I know he knows a LOT of people in the business but he’s worked for this for over a Decade, paid his dues unlike a lot of people I won’t mention the names of. I’m f——-g chuffed for him. I love how fierce he is onstage and sweet he is offstage, it’s amazing. And he’s so layered, his personality. His life has been so colorful. His life outlook is awesome and his positive free spirit and mentalitiy inspiring. Ugh, I love his guts and voice. He’s refreshing.

Ground Control to Glambert : you blow

California Dreamer @ 01/25/2010 at 10:11 pm

What a gorgeous photo shoot. This man is so iconic. Everything about him screams beautiful and unique. I love how different he is. Yet, he is also kind. I’ve never found him to be rude.

And btw, I am a huge Bowie can and don’t think he was arrogantly comparing himself to Bowie at all. He was merely stating an influence or what he finds inspirational.

Oh and about the photoshopping, how would you like that to be said about you? Think before you speak. Don’t say something, you wouldn’t want said to you. Anyway, photoshopping, when used heavily, makes a person look fake and unrealistic. There is no beauty without flaws.

California Dreamer @ 01/25/2010 at 10:12 pm

Wow, I meant Bowie “fan” in my first post. Ugh.

@FYI: you’re boring. you’re on his every post. it’s like a fascination obsession thing. at HQ EVERYONE’s flaws are visible you muppet. it’s funny how the trolls can’t think of anything to criticize about his looks so they pick on his skin which he’s said he’s battled with lol. I don’t get it. why not waste your energy on someone worth hating who actually deserves that. and it’s such an insignificant thing too with his voice and his personality and his pretty face. keira kniighley also has bad skin and no one gives a chicken. beauty is inside-out. negativity is unattractive, and it brings bad luck.

Celina, 22 @ 01/25/2010 at 10:18 pm

He’s in Canada right now (check his tw.itter) and they’re going craaaaaaazy lollll.

I was watching MOD earlier and the endlss screaming was hysterical. He looked all embarrassed, it was pretty adorable.

Glad his album went Gold!!! He’s such a nice person, talent aside.

and just how is this gay man with gaudy flamboyant bad taste qualified to be a fashion correspondent?

“I won’t be mean”

Can you even imagine that? He can be quick witted sassy and hilariously sarcastic but he’s so polite and charming. LOL. I can’t imagine him ever losing his temper and shouting, he’s such a chill guy and always so spirited.

@no talent: Seems like you’re the poser.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All