Adam Lambert Talks Fashion Inspirations in Vman Magazine

Adam Lambert Talks Fashion Inspirations in Vman Magazine

Adam Lambert strikes a pose in the newest issue of Vman magazine’s Issue #17, on newsstands Thursday (January 28).

The 28-year-old entertainer, featured in the magazine’s “How to Dress Like A Pop Star” feature, spoke about where he’s found inspiration for his fashion.

“What I do has been done before,” Adam shared. “It’s glam. I’m inspired by the ’70s and ’80s. Bowie is a huge influence. So are hair bands.”

“Why must a crazy look necessarily be gay?” Adam continued. “Our society is more fearful, I guess. And they don’t party enough. Everyone was partying in the ’80s.”

Adam will put his fashion skills to good use as he serves as a fashion correspondent for Entertainment Tonight‘s Grammy coverage on Monday, February 1!

“I’m overly honest, so that will probably show through,” Adam told ET. “I won’t be mean, though. I’m not mean.”

Adam Lambert – Vman Magazine #17

Getty
  • Former NFL kicker Rob Bironas passed away at 36 - US Weekly
  • Amber Heard's nude photos hit the web - TMZ
  • Find out why Sarah Silverman is slamming the tabloids - Gossip Cop
  • Kendall Jenner rocked 3 totally different looks in Milan - Just Jared Jr
  • Sir Mix-A-Lot is happy Nicki Minaj used his famous song - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is madly in love with his family - Lainey Gossip
  • Rosie Huntington-Whiteley always looks amazing - Hollywood Tuna

Wicked Glitter @ 01/25/2010 at 9:38 pm

Adam looks gorgeous as always in these pictures. Adam is in Toronto today surrounded by loving fans who don’t judge. or make fun of him . If he never came back I wouldn’t blame him. I would be upset, but happy for him. He is becoming a huge star, just like we (all of his fans) knew he would. It’s too bad the very people who should have stood up for him didn’t because of jealousy. Instead of being jealous, why not just enjoy the termendous gift he is sharing with us?

he’s so hot and lovely

Congrats on your album going GOLD dude!

When heavily photoshopped, he manages to look pretty good. Still is rather arrogant of him though to compare himself to Bowie (even tacitly). Bowie was a skilled songwriter, musician, and artist of the highest caliber. Lambert is merely a celebuwhore.

I have to 100% agree…we as a society don’t party enough..I toast to that!!! Lol!! Got love that guy

LMAO I LOVE HIM.

Europeans party way more and eat good food, maybe that’s why they’re more comfortable with their sexuality and bodies, and perhaps why for instance an Italian man wearing fitted jeans and a bright shirt is not instantaneously going to be accused of being gay in 2.5 seconds. Homophobia has replaced the Red scare.

He’s so sexy in that shot by the way

@Emile……you are a bizarre little chicky aren’t you? What?? Go take your meds. You make no sense.

no talent @ 01/25/2010 at 9:54 pm

posing seems to be his thing….singing? not

cheep cheep @ 01/25/2010 at 9:56 pm

He looks like a baby bird waiting for somebody to drop “something” in his mouth.

nitpicker @ 01/25/2010 at 9:59 pm

@Emile: I disagree. He is stunning without makeup and photoshop:

tinypic.com/msfo8.jpg

tinypic.com/sg4nk5.jpg

tinypic.com/6q8cva.jpg

He didn’t compare himself to Bowie at all. He is heavily influenced by Bowie, who IS one of his musical Idols which is exactly what he said. His dad was a

Deadhead and DJ, credit to him for teaching him good music and credit to his mom for raising such a respectful, good humored, positive son.

@cheep cheep: Your ***** is showing. these are outtakes btw.

Heeee, I can not wait for his Red Carpet Grammy correspondence.

He is hilarious but so LOVELY and smart. His brain, I’m in love with it.

Ridiculous, listen to this: this http://www.cbc.ca/q/

At 400% magnification craters ARE visible.

I wonder if the Justin Timberlake collab rumor is true, that would be so hot. Ha. Has there been anyone who HASN’T fallen in love with Adam upon or after meeting him? I love all the random tweets that are always sayin the same things “just met Adam Lambert. Oh my gosh, he is too sweet for words” “what a sweetheart” “Adam Lambert is a doll” “what a freaking charmer” “so sweet, friendly, bubbly, down to earth, warm” etc. And he is so popular with celebs and musical and film legends, I’m proud of him. So many legends respect him. I know he knows a LOT of people in the business but he’s worked for this for over a Decade, paid his dues unlike a lot of people I won’t mention the names of. I’m f——-g chuffed for him. I love how fierce he is onstage and sweet he is offstage, it’s amazing. And he’s so layered, his personality. His life has been so colorful. His life outlook is awesome and his positive free spirit and mentalitiy inspiring. Ugh, I love his guts and voice. He’s refreshing.

Ground Control to Glambert : you blow

California Dreamer @ 01/25/2010 at 10:11 pm

What a gorgeous photo shoot. This man is so iconic. Everything about him screams beautiful and unique. I love how different he is. Yet, he is also kind. I’ve never found him to be rude.

And btw, I am a huge Bowie can and don’t think he was arrogantly comparing himself to Bowie at all. He was merely stating an influence or what he finds inspirational.

Oh and about the photoshopping, how would you like that to be said about you? Think before you speak. Don’t say something, you wouldn’t want said to you. Anyway, photoshopping, when used heavily, makes a person look fake and unrealistic. There is no beauty without flaws.

California Dreamer @ 01/25/2010 at 10:12 pm

Wow, I meant Bowie “fan” in my first post. Ugh.

@FYI: you’re boring. you’re on his every post. it’s like a fascination obsession thing. at HQ EVERYONE’s flaws are visible you muppet. it’s funny how the trolls can’t think of anything to criticize about his looks so they pick on his skin which he’s said he’s battled with lol. I don’t get it. why not waste your energy on someone worth hating who actually deserves that. and it’s such an insignificant thing too with his voice and his personality and his pretty face. keira kniighley also has bad skin and no one gives a chicken. beauty is inside-out. negativity is unattractive, and it brings bad luck.

Celina, 22 @ 01/25/2010 at 10:18 pm

He’s in Canada right now (check his tw.itter) and they’re going craaaaaaazy lollll.

I was watching MOD earlier and the endlss screaming was hysterical. He looked all embarrassed, it was pretty adorable.

Glad his album went Gold!!! He’s such a nice person, talent aside.

and just how is this gay man with gaudy flamboyant bad taste qualified to be a fashion correspondent?

“I won’t be mean”

Can you even imagine that? He can be quick witted sassy and hilariously sarcastic but he’s so polite and charming. LOL. I can’t imagine him ever losing his temper and shouting, he’s such a chill guy and always so spirited.

@no talent: Seems like you’re the poser.

Watched the MOD videos of him in Canada. I think every female in Toronto between 13 and 28 showed up lol….they love him!! Can’t have him though he belongs to the US..lol

gorgeous inside out.

i love that he’s going international and also that he’s so well received everywhere he goes. he’s so sweet in person and that trandscends. people respond to positivity, he’s like a magnet. i’m in awe but proud of the fact that so many celebrities adore him and that he was the most popular guest at the galas and after parties this and last week. he’s funny and smart, i love him.

the red carpet grammy correspondence should be brill.

flash in the pan @ 01/25/2010 at 10:25 pm

Adam’s here today –for the silly retarded teens- gone tomorrow like all teen idols. You can bet on it.

@no talent: Singing not? Hang on. If you mean you see more posts about his magazine shoots than you see about his music, then you’re on the wrong site. If you mean he’s better at modelling than at singing, I’m sorry about your ears. He can hit every note on the guitar

who goes from broken open to THIS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzYNKRV0x-c today? come on. Pretty rare. It’s epic. He’s epic.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“What I do has been done before,”
No ****,,,, use some creativity and get yourself out of the time warp lazyazz.

He looks great. I love the head shot from Vman that you didn’t post.

@Emile:

Adam did not compare himself to Bowie. He said Bowie is a huge influence. Big difference!

^^Yawn, same sh*t day in and day out from you haters. Go tell that to Kris-what’s-his-face.

My God, Adam is gorgeous. He has model good looks. It still shocks me when I hear all these shots at his physical appearance. How do you say this stuff and not feel bad about it? The anonymity of the internet or not, I just couldn’t. Adam is a real person with real feelings. I just don’t get the hate. What a horrible waste of energy.

@FYI: Yeah I would like to see most of the haters have to look at themselves magnified x12 in HD and lets see what your skin looks with every pour and line exposed. Why do they do that to Adam. I think most women would sue a magazine for doing that to them. Thrilled Adam will be on the red carpet – that man has style and is gorgeous!!! He is also so sweet and funny.

OMG he is the hottest thing ever. EVER.

Haha, listening to “Time for Miracles” as we speak!

definately buying that magazine for sure! :)

oh and btw he’s not 28, YET..he’s 27..

@flash in the pan: Yeah and what do you have to say to all the women who are in their 20s,, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s who love Adam. Adam has a huge fan base and he has the talent to back it up. Actually it is estimated that he has about a 40% males in his fan base all ages as well. His album just went Gold and is being released internationally over the next few months. Adam Rocks and is gorgeous too!!

Can’t sing? ADAM can’t sing????? Since when do you get a GOLD RECORD for NOT being able to sing??? PULEEZE … your immaturity is showing … go do your homework for school. It’s past your bedtime!!!

That is one steaming hot man! How can anyone be that awesome?

@flash in the pan: Yeah, I remember, that is what they said about the Beatles!!!

ADAM personifies glam. I’m glad he’s bringing it on the scene. He is right that this generation is not partying enough. But more than the 80′s, it was the 70′s that was really about partying and dancing. In fact, I’m sorry for this generation that’s content in sitting on their butts in cyberspace with their rap and hip hop scene. Those were the days! I’m happy ADAM is bringing the fun back. And I’m going for the ride.
To all the HATERS: When your attacks become personal, it’s because you know you cannot win and cannot accept you’re losing the game and are defeated. It’s not a surprise that all of you are miserable LOSERS!
ADAM rules! Just swallow it.

Adam makes corporate bubblegum pop music for those with no musical sophistication.

GOD was simply showing off when He created ADAM.
His skin imperfection simply makes him human.
Because ADAM is perfection.
PERIOD.

haaa! moronic fans of a runner-up in an amature singing contest are are claiming the high ground. Wake from your dream knuckle draggers. He’s this months flavor. You are soooo easily manipulated and just pathetic uneducated consumers.

@Emile: I gather you’ve never actually heard the man sing, or you’d realize what a ridiculous statement you just made.

he is so freakin sexy i love him so so much <3 he is the best singer artist entertainer performer just name it he have it all BB ;)

pretty boy :)

Wow I loved just watching him being photographed for the magazine spread. That was just fun! Man to have this guy’s life! Crazy! Now he is going to be on the Red Carpet on the Grammy’s! Insane! And he has a great album that just when Gold! Sweet! Love everything he wears! He needs a clothing line and he should be selling mascara and make up and hair color!

For all of you who keep making fools of yourself say “15 minutes of fame” let me remind you it has been a year and half. Adam’s album just went gold, is out selling the idol winner by double, and According to FMOB, FYE Album jumped 55% in sales and went from #12 to #5.
His recent single “Whataya Want From Me” is rising on the top 40 charts every week and he is about to go international. The guy is not only not going away – he is becoming a super star! Hollywood loves this man and support his incredible talent and gladly nurture his multiple creative talent. His fan base is huge and Adam is freaking talented whether you like him or not. Either way, you are obsessed with him – admit it – that is why you blog about him.

Sheer gorgeous beauty. I love his style and class and can’t wait to see him on the red carpet being sexy and funny as always. Adam is a Glam God!!!

Love this! Adam looks awesome and his cd is fantastic. Loving every minute being an Adam fan!! You haters need a life. This multi-talented man ain’t going nowhere but up!

MzDiscoLemonade @ 01/25/2010 at 11:49 pm

@jill:
I know rite!!

I n F a m o u s l y C o o l @ 01/25/2010 at 11:52 pm

..dude’s legendary already. from the first second on idol to now he’s been huge. he won that show from his first performance.

Glambert is Hot @ 01/26/2010 at 12:07 am

@Emile: he doesn’t compare he said he is inspired, look up the meaning before you spout off, you sound like the idiot you are . ADAM Is not arrogant at all if you knew anything about him at all. Listen to others celebs talk about how humble and gracious he always is. People like you can’t even read and twist the meaning of things.

HE IS ONE BEAUTIFUL MF. TYVM.

Troierkjet @ 01/26/2010 at 12:10 am

Even the haters love Adam they can’t stay away because something inside themjust loves him and they don’t know how to handle it. Haters are so sad , biggest losers ever.

shadamholic @ 01/26/2010 at 12:44 am

I’m still waiting for the day when I can walk by a news stand and always see Adam’s picture on at LEAST one magazine ;-). Can’t wait to see him on the red carpet at the Grammy’s….SERIOUSLY, there are probably stars that are going to be there who want to meet him more than he wants to meet them even…should be fun to see him on the other side of the mike…he’s so articulate….another Adam surprise…hold on for the ride!

@jess:

In other words: YOU DIDN’T LISTEN TO THE ALBUM!!!!!

It’s called, “For Your Entertainment” by the way. Pick it up! Try it, you’ll like it!

@Emile: Apparently English isn’t your first language so you don’t understand that to say “Bowie is a huge influence” is NOT Adam comparing himself to Bowie, in any way – it’s simply Adam saying how much he admires Bowie, as a singer, songwriter, performer and fashion influence. Is that so hard to understand? That’s not “arrogant” – giving credit where credit is due is the highest form of admiration – - unlike you – you twit!

@jill:

Exquisitely good looks and fashion sense aside, perhaps you should direct that question to world reknown fashion designers and fashion industry icons, Christian Dior and Karl Lagerfield!!!

Adam Lambert should be promoting their new $4,000+ sunglasses and other haute couture wares in the very near future. He’s already done the photoshoot.

Oh yeah, about the “gay man”, “gaudy” and “flamboyant” taste comment…..you must have NEVER seen FASHION WEEK!!! The one in New York is coming up soon. Check it out. Then check yourself!!!

Who cares about the marks on his skin, the guy is a monster talent. His vocal prowess is immense. These haters need to take their outdated insults and spread it somewhere else.

@Emile:
how dare you comment as such…he is his own individual and crediting all HIS idols that ultimately influenced him…give this superbly talented guy a break!!!

@no talent:
Get a serious hearing check done with ur doctor…ASAP

ADam is awsome as always, but for now, my focus is on the photographer

ANYONE TELL ME WHAT TECHNOLOGY WAS USED??? was the cube put after or before or during photo??
is that hologram???
im clueless and as a learning photographer myself, i would be very happy to find out

really nice :)

After all the publicity he’s had, GOLD should not be considered that big of deal in my opinion.

^^Lol it outsold the winner and that’s all that matters.

marlock276 @ 01/26/2010 at 8:00 am

Adam can do ANYTHING! He is so incredibly talented, and such a beautiful, kind, hard-working, genuine human being. . . he’s such an inspiration.

postwatcher @ 01/26/2010 at 8:55 am

Um, most of those “glam” 80s bands did not survive the decade…
Kajagoogoo anyone?

Can’t stand the media’s fawning over this diude…..overhyped, over praised, over the top…..I’m over him

quite sure he”outsold the idol wonner” because all his crazy fans each bougt a dozen of his CDs……

I am from Israel and we PARTY hard all the time and men WERE JEWELRY and Pink shirts and tight pants. And they love it and they are not all gays. So Adam ., honey, you are AMAZING. it’s by mistake that you are an AMERICAN. You are a flowew power and we love you!!! You got the spirit og=f ROCK N ROLE> Thanks for keeping us ROCKING!!!
You are incredible and a SUPER STAR. Keep being yourself Because the WORLD loves you.

lambertfan @ 01/26/2010 at 11:00 am

@Emile:
Adam never compared himself to Bowie – he said Bowie inspired him to dress “glam” people are so quick to judge – it’s a shame

lambertfan @ 01/26/2010 at 11:04 am

he never compared himself to Bowie – he has said numerous times – Bowie influenced him to dress “glam” – people are so quick to judge – it’s such a shame! Stay true to yourself Adam – your true fans with be behind you and you can laugh all the way to the bank at the haters!! LOL!

Ellie Light @ 01/26/2010 at 11:18 am

Two words:

FAME *****

i n f a m o u s l y c o o l @ 01/26/2010 at 11:30 am

@Jackie: you know nothing about the music industry. hardly anyone’s selling records anymore. there’s only a hand full of artist that are actually still going platinum. established artist are barely going gold now so for adam who’s a new artist to do it is a big enough deal.

can we say….hoooooottttt….he is so sexy….boiling sexy…gay or not…love everything he does…those who gripe about him …why are you reading an article about him if you do not like him…go back and read your susan boyle articles…or safe kris allen….adam is like on fire…that is what being a “rock god” as being referred to on idol…and by rolling stone is all about…he will be huge…he has talent…he and his management are very smart….

he is so hot it hurts

French restaurants & elves @ 01/26/2010 at 4:02 pm

This interview is HILARIOUS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1yFtsvf4XQ I love him and the interviewer LOL!

@Ellie Light: Could you elaborate on that? LOL. Because I think it’s hilarious how people call those who ‘come from’ Idol and do NOT fade into obscurity fame ******. FWs do not have TALENT. Adam Lambert has been working towards this for over the past 10 years. His final step up was Idol, and it gave him a HUGE and very varied audience. This performer is eccentric and takes risks. He has a LOT of career options because he is multi-talented and can be marketed in so many ways. It’s all up to him. He is creative and isn’t afraid of trying new things, actually he loves it. He soaks it up and works best under pressure. He’s writing and recording and planning for the tour and doing photoshoots and partying and presenting and playing dress up. I don’t know how he manages it but he does. I love that he lives life to the fullest. People like you sound so sour about something lmao. Tell us about your life.

this annoying prick again….
shiz, it’s a post everyday for this guy
he has yet 2 accomplish anything except prove that all AI contestants suck when it comes to going ou in the real entertainment industry

@Wicked Glitter: OH WOW!!! Adam is sooooo gorgeous & I agree with Wicked Glitter!! Where are ALL the fans that made him our King on American Idol? I wanna know too. I feel we have let him down —and it can’t be because “we literally just found out” that he is gay, because on Idol he never hid his fantastic different-ness, and in fact THAT’S what we ALL waited for each week!!! TO SEE WHAT HE WOULD DO AND LOOK LIKE. Oh, I LOVE him soooo much. Janice K

@Jess – regarding his fans lack of musical sophistication. I am a huge fan of this extremely gifted man – I mean, a four octave range with perfect breath control, flawless transitions and perfect pitch. Other artists on my iPod include Juliana Baird (no one does Baroque quite like her), Kiri T. (srsly who can sing Puccini better?), YoYo Ma (the only one who can hold a candle to his Bach Cello suites would be Casals himself) – but I’d like to hear your opinion on this.

Even though i am not of his persuasion, this guy is really talented. he’s the next billy idol or freddy mercury, hands down. he seem’s so versatile. i can see him on broadway, musicals, movies, tv. he’s a package deall! way to go adam!!!

Omaha Reader @ 01/27/2010 at 4:00 pm

Love this guy and wish nothing but the best for him… Go Adam!…