Adam Lambert Talks Fashion Inspirations in Vman Magazine

Adam Lambert Talks Fashion Inspirations in Vman Magazine

Adam Lambert strikes a pose in the newest issue of Vman magazine’s Issue #17, on newsstands Thursday (January 28).

The 28-year-old entertainer, featured in the magazine’s “How to Dress Like A Pop Star” feature, spoke about where he’s found inspiration for his fashion.

“What I do has been done before,” Adam shared. “It’s glam. I’m inspired by the ’70s and ’80s. Bowie is a huge influence. So are hair bands.”

“Why must a crazy look necessarily be gay?” Adam continued. “Our society is more fearful, I guess. And they don’t party enough. Everyone was partying in the ’80s.”

Adam will put his fashion skills to good use as he serves as a fashion correspondent for Entertainment Tonight‘s Grammy coverage on Monday, February 1!

“I’m overly honest, so that will probably show through,” Adam told ET. “I won’t be mean, though. I’m not mean.”

Adam Lambert – Vman Magazine #17

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] Show All

I am from Israel and we PARTY hard all the time and men WERE JEWELRY and Pink shirts and tight pants. And they love it and they are not all gays. So Adam ., honey, you are AMAZING. it’s by mistake that you are an AMERICAN. You are a flowew power and we love you!!! You got the spirit og=f ROCK N ROLE> Thanks for keeping us ROCKING!!!
You are incredible and a SUPER STAR. Keep being yourself Because the WORLD loves you.

lambertfan @ 01/26/2010 at 11:00 am

@Emile:
Adam never compared himself to Bowie – he said Bowie inspired him to dress “glam” people are so quick to judge – it’s a shame

lambertfan @ 01/26/2010 at 11:04 am

he never compared himself to Bowie – he has said numerous times – Bowie influenced him to dress “glam” – people are so quick to judge – it’s such a shame! Stay true to yourself Adam – your true fans with be behind you and you can laugh all the way to the bank at the haters!! LOL!

Ellie Light @ 01/26/2010 at 11:18 am

Two words:

FAME *****

i n f a m o u s l y c o o l @ 01/26/2010 at 11:30 am

@Jackie: you know nothing about the music industry. hardly anyone’s selling records anymore. there’s only a hand full of artist that are actually still going platinum. established artist are barely going gold now so for adam who’s a new artist to do it is a big enough deal.

can we say….hoooooottttt….he is so sexy….boiling sexy…gay or not…love everything he does…those who gripe about him …why are you reading an article about him if you do not like him…go back and read your susan boyle articles…or safe kris allen….adam is like on fire…that is what being a “rock god” as being referred to on idol…and by rolling stone is all about…he will be huge…he has talent…he and his management are very smart….

he is so hot it hurts

French restaurants & elves @ 01/26/2010 at 4:02 pm

This interview is HILARIOUS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1yFtsvf4XQ I love him and the interviewer LOL!

@Ellie Light: Could you elaborate on that? LOL. Because I think it’s hilarious how people call those who ‘come from’ Idol and do NOT fade into obscurity fame ******. FWs do not have TALENT. Adam Lambert has been working towards this for over the past 10 years. His final step up was Idol, and it gave him a HUGE and very varied audience. This performer is eccentric and takes risks. He has a LOT of career options because he is multi-talented and can be marketed in so many ways. It’s all up to him. He is creative and isn’t afraid of trying new things, actually he loves it. He soaks it up and works best under pressure. He’s writing and recording and planning for the tour and doing photoshoots and partying and presenting and playing dress up. I don’t know how he manages it but he does. I love that he lives life to the fullest. People like you sound so sour about something lmao. Tell us about your life.

this annoying prick again….
shiz, it’s a post everyday for this guy
he has yet 2 accomplish anything except prove that all AI contestants suck when it comes to going ou in the real entertainment industry

@Wicked Glitter: OH WOW!!! Adam is sooooo gorgeous & I agree with Wicked Glitter!! Where are ALL the fans that made him our King on American Idol? I wanna know too. I feel we have let him down —and it can’t be because “we literally just found out” that he is gay, because on Idol he never hid his fantastic different-ness, and in fact THAT’S what we ALL waited for each week!!! TO SEE WHAT HE WOULD DO AND LOOK LIKE. Oh, I LOVE him soooo much. Janice K

@Jess – regarding his fans lack of musical sophistication. I am a huge fan of this extremely gifted man – I mean, a four octave range with perfect breath control, flawless transitions and perfect pitch. Other artists on my iPod include Juliana Baird (no one does Baroque quite like her), Kiri T. (srsly who can sing Puccini better?), YoYo Ma (the only one who can hold a candle to his Bach Cello suites would be Casals himself) – but I’d like to hear your opinion on this.

Even though i am not of his persuasion, this guy is really talented. he’s the next billy idol or freddy mercury, hands down. he seem’s so versatile. i can see him on broadway, musicals, movies, tv. he’s a package deall! way to go adam!!!

Omaha Reader @ 01/27/2010 at 4:00 pm

Love this guy and wish nothing but the best for him… Go Adam!…

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] Show All