Taylor Swift Wins Album of the Year Grammy For 'Fearless'

Taylor Swift Wins Album of the Year Grammy For 'Fearless'

Taylor Swift took home four Grammy awards at the 2010 Grammys, including the top prize of Album of the Year for Fearless!

The 20-year-old singer also won Best Female Country Vocal Performance and Best Country Song for “White Horse” and Best Country Album.

“Thank you so much,” Taylor said. “I just hope you know how much this means to me and to Nathan [Chapman], my producer, and to all these musicians you see on this stage, that we get to take this back to Nashville! Our families are freaking out in the living room! My dad and my little brother are losing their minds in the living room right now. This is for my dad – thank you for all those times you said I could do whatever I wanted in life. And my mom, you’re my best friend.

“This is the story that all of us, when we’re 80 years old and we are telling the same stories over and over again to our grandkids and they’re so annoyed with us…this is the story that we’re going to be telling over and over again – in 2010, that we got to win Album of the Year at the Grammys! Thank you, thank you, thank you!”

Congratulations, T!!!

UPDATE: Taylor tweeted, “I will remember this night, this celebration, the screaming and hugging of people I love. The words on cards of hotel room good luck roses.”

Taylor Swift Wins Grammy – Album of the Year

taylor swift fearless wins album of the year grammy 01
taylor swift fearless wins album of the year grammy 02
taylor swift fearless wins album of the year grammy 03
taylor swift fearless wins album of the year grammy 04
taylor swift fearless wins album of the year grammy 05
taylor swift fearless wins album of the year grammy 06
taylor swift fearless wins album of the year grammy 07
taylor swift fearless wins album of the year grammy 08

Photos: Kevin Winter/Getty
Posted to: 2010 Grammy Awards, Taylor Swift

Charley Gallay/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Show All
I Don't Like Ugly People @ 02/01/2010 at 3:06 am

I am SO tired of this girl already!! She SUCKED singing tonight with Stevie Nicks. Enough of her. Boring!!

why?..why God?..why not pick someone with talent?! and not just a pretty face drama queen. ok i get it she has sweet songs lovely! BUT TO WIN ALBUM OF THE YEAR???

she outsold everyone. it’s pretty fair that she won.

The only person she should be thanking is Kanye West. If it wasn’t for him, she would not be getting this much recognition. I used to be a fan until she got totally overrated sheesh.

Why Kanye why did you have to do what you did at the VMAs!!!!!!!!!!!!! see now she has a free pass for the rest of her life!!!!!!!! And is winning undeserved Grammys!

Grammysucks @ 02/01/2010 at 3:14 am

Wayyyyy overrated.
Where is Kayne West when we need him?!

WOWOWOWOW this girl is so ovverated it is beyond ridiculous. Her album is so corny, how did it…..GRAMMYS……wait ok i can’t even finish my sentence. I’m just speechless.

Now your telling me songs like You Belong With Me and she weart short skirts I wear T shirts is Grammy worthy????? Can this girl disappear already?!?

You guys are all haters!! Talyor Swift deserved those Grammy’s what other artist has sold as many albums and sold out concerts like she has.

taylor swift is really smart girl she is only 20 years old wow congraz tay

Cool, uh yeah must be exciting, but what makes me sick is how she is winning all these big named Awards lately. Ever heard the quote ‘When everything is going your way, you must be in the wrong lane’. Lol!!

She may not have the best singing voice but she deserved it cos she sold the most albums last year so therefore it IS the album of the year

alrighty then @ 02/01/2010 at 3:29 am

@HaLaa: yeah cuz there all kids lol..

alrighty then @ 02/01/2010 at 3:31 am

her fanbase probably only varies to kids to teenies which is what obviously helped her out.

never heard of her.... @ 02/01/2010 at 3:37 am

No one in the rest of the world even knows who Taylor Swift is, a country and western singer wins album of the year….REALLY…lol.

The Grammys are a joke, it’s always the same American singers who win over and over again…….they should just rename it the American Awards and be done with it……so meh!!!

Ms Anonymous @ 02/01/2010 at 3:56 am

@Jstar:

Are haters THIS dumb? CHeck her albums sales before that incident, she was VERY popular. Your ignorance is sick.

Ms Anonymous @ 02/01/2010 at 3:58 am

@yo sista:

They don’t do pity awards you ignorant hick.

Ms Anonymous @ 02/01/2010 at 3:59 am

@Snickers:

Beyonce and LadyGags don’t have talent!

anonymous @ 02/01/2010 at 4:01 am

@never heard of her….: I’m from New Zealand and plenty of people here know who she is. Get your facts straight. All you haters are just jealous…..very sad.

Taylor rules and all these people commenting mean stuff are just jealous that not only does she have the looks but she also has pure talent. She also has sold plently of albums all around the world, just google her album fearless and you will see that it has made it onto the charts in over 20 countries and it went 5x platinum in the U.S, 4x platinum in Australia, 2x platinum in New Zealand, 4x platinum in canada. She’s taking over the music industry….DEAL with it.

dis sucks W.T.F

i thought the album of the year was about QUALITY not QTY

GAGA WAS ROBBED