Adam Lambert: 'Can You Get Off Your Phone?'

Adam Lambert: 'Can You Get Off Your Phone?'

Adam Lambert looks rocker chic as he shoots an interview at the Kimberly Hotel’s rooftop lounge Upstairs in New York City on Monday (February 15).

At the 28-year-old entertainer’s iheartradio secret show last night at NYC’s PC Richard & Son Theater, Adam had to ask a chatty cell phone talker standing up front to get off the phone while he sang over her!

“You’re not watching TV, honey – it’s a live show!” he said before starting a performance of “Whataya Want From Me?” for a second time.

At the G-Star fashion show earlier tonight, Adam addressed the phone situation, telling JustJared.com, “Oh, it’s all out there already. I don’t need to bring it up again. Every media outlet out there already picked it up!”

Adam Lambert @ iheartradio Show
adam lambert shoots nightline interview 01
adam lambert shoots nightline interview 02
adam lambert shoots nightline interview 03
adam lambert shoots nightline interview 04
adam lambert shoots nightline interview 05

• Who is Fun. frontman Nate Ruess dating?- US Weekly
  • Ray J is being charged with 10 crimes- TMZ
  • The Bachelorette's Andi Dorfman addresses pregnancy rumors- Gossip Cop
  • Louie has been renewed for one more season- Entertainment Weekly
  • Miley Cyrus is the latest victim of an internet death hoax- Huffington Post
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Genevieve Morton shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

That was very funny but very DIVA.

wow. what a jerk. you know, sometimes people call friends and family who wish they could be at the show to let the hear what’s going on. i’ve had several friends call me from concerts and said to me “hey! listen!” and held the phone up so i could hear a song or two.

People are too obsessed with being on their phones or texting all the time. Not everything needs to be documented, talked about, and especially in the middle of someone’s intimate performance! Good on you Adam!

i saw this on the front page of yahoo i don’t see what the big deal is he wasn’t being mean he was laughing it was funny

That c**t should have been slapped. Why would you go to a concert, stand front and center, and then chat on the phone? So friggin’ rude.

it was a small acoustic set being taped – not a large concert where anyone on the phone would not be heard or noticed. It’s like the phone ringing at a wedding or funeral – very disrespectful to everyone else.

@whoa:
Good point…except this person was yelling into their phone…not holding it up for the person on the other side of the call to listen. There was nothing wrong with the way he handled this situation.

LOL. That girl was rude. Cell phone users in general have the worst etiquette. Yelling into your phone during an intimate acoustic number at a small concert that’s being taped for radio stations? RUDE! I love that Lambert called her out.

Good for him. Somebody had to do it.

He looks hot in that pic. He has pretty eyes.

@whoa: This person was yelling into their phone while everyone else was quiet and trying to enjoy the moment. My friend was at the concert and she could hear the chick and said that it was pretty obnoxious.

@woah It was a stripped acoustic show that was being filmed. Yakking away on your phone in the front row so the artist can see you is rude and distracting. It also totally ruins the recording for everyone else to hear. I think Adam handled it perfectly.

Divine Goddess @ 02/16/2010 at 10:05 pm

LMFAO!!! he is HILARIOUS. a true diva indeed. i just LOVE the way he phrased it. good on him. how rude of her

In one of the fan youtubes from the show you can clearly hear her talking on and off for a full minute before Adam finally stopped her. For anyone who thinks she was just briefly saying hey listen, um no. She gabbed and gabbed while Adam was trying to do a soft acoustic rendition of his single that was being taped for further promo. And even with that, he was actually kinda sweet if a little snarky about it. Hell, if I had been next to her in the audience, he wouldn’t have had to, I woulda bitchslapped her rude ass into the next state. Go Adam!

LOL Adam I love you so much!!

he asked her with class and was so polite as always , in the other side she was disrespectful to talk out loud in intimate concert while the artist is singing !! if she don’t appreciate his talent she can easily Get out !! will give anything to see him perform live “sigh”

staciegirlie @ 02/16/2010 at 10:15 pm

@whoa: Do you really think that’s what happened? Rumor has it the girl was trying to order a pizza during a live, acoustic performance that was being professionally recorded by the radio station.

Haha good on him! I would’ve done the same thing.

staciegirlie @ 02/16/2010 at 10:17 pm

You know what’s the most unbelievable thing about this situation? Is that people actually feel this girl was justified in being this rude by yelling on the phone during a quietly set performance.

Has the cell phone girl said anything about it? Did Adam say anything to her privately after the show? Just curious. People should take a lesson from this. I hate it when people yabber away on their phones in public. Its rude.

good for him

WICKED WENCH @ 02/16/2010 at 10:32 pm

@FroFro: I agree FroFro (whom I know, know, I think (-:). Cell phone abusers have the worst manners, and Adam had every right to demand her silence in his typical sweet-and-sour diva-like way. (-:

If you rewind and listen to it a couple of times you can hear Adam F***k-up the song and used the phone situation to cover it up.

FIERCE BIOTCH @ 02/16/2010 at 10:39 pm

HERE’S THE FULL VIDEO

SHE WAS SHOUTING and was ESCORTED OUT OF THE BUILDING BY SECURITY FOR BEING A SMARTAS.S

At least do you journalism properly Just Jared.

Promoting manners FTW. He is AMAZING.

@WTF:And if you watch the FULL video you will HEAR the bit.ch on her cellphone SHOUTING into it like a yob. They were planning to do 3 takes of WWFM anyway so try again.

@FroFro: She was escorted out for being a smartas$ and acted like one on her FB afterwards bragging about being that girl, like it’s something to brag about lmao wtf.

@whoa: SHE made the call and was SHOUTING into it. Watch the FULL video. This only comes at the end of the song about 10 seconds away from the ending. She was plain RUDE and everyone kept looking at her to shut up. Watch the full vid people.

FULL VIDEO

/watch?v=Ns1p47AyU1A

He’s looking hot as always. I don’t think he was snarky in the least. I listened to the full vid and can’t imagine what the twit was thinking. Beyond rude! I think he handled it perfectly well.

@ LOL
I watched it 10 or 15 times over and over and I must be deaf because I do not hear the girl yelling on the phone I do hear a lot of unnecessary hooting and hollering from the fans tho’..( all while he/she was trying to sing) oh, but they must have wanted to be recorded, huh?

The bit.ch on her phone was YELLING into it. She was then escorted out of the building for being a smartas.s instead of turning her phone off. You’d think she would be embarrassed but she went on her FB and started bragging about it. Umm who does that lmfao.

Hey T! You dont show up at the regular places anymore! ~waves~ Come around more!

Nope it was only one person and she made the call bragging about the front row seats she’d bragged. Everyone was looking at her to shut up. He called her out 10 secs before the end – she still acted like a stupid smartass afterwards.

LOL. That was hilarious, classy, polite and fierce all at the same time.

Adam, I love you more each day.

Adam is f-n SASSY as hell. He is also f-n sweet. EVERYONE who meets him has said this. Everyone.

Mike Ruiz: “Adam Lambert is one of the coolest people I’ve ever worked with (he’s worked with EVERYONE) hysterical sense of humor!”

“I love working for Adam bc what you see is what you get, he is plain NICE, always has been”

“Adam Lambert is a DOLL. Too sweet for words.”

FACT: she was a rude bi.t.ch and he called her out on it finally at the end of his song. FABULOUS, classy and polite even with a HEAD COLD.

Omg that was so sassy lol. Love it. As a performer I wanted to step into the screen and bit.ch slap that girl. He was so polite about it.

This small intimate acoustic gig was being FILMED for a PROMO.

That girl was plain rude, during and after. He was awesome and classy when he finally called her out. The audience were relieved too.

@WTF: WRONG. How could he “start off” when this was 15 seconds before the ending?

Him and the band were panning to do 3 takes of this to begin with so again, your comment makes NO sense lmfao.

This was a secret acoustic gig filmed for a promo. This one girl in the front row made a call in the middle & he only called her out 15 secs before the end. She was literally SHOUTING into her phone [watch the full vid] bragging about blagging front row tickets while eveyrone was looking at her to shut up. Instead of turning her phone off she started mouthing off at the security &´╗┐ was escorted out for being a smartass. She then went on her FB & started BRAGGING like it’s something to brag about.

ok ,ya she shouldn’t have been on the phone.. But, WHO THE HELL DOES HE THINK HE IS? He really needs to shrink his head a little bit more !!!!!!!!!

Hahahaha. Nice.

“”WHO THE HELL DOES HE THINK HE IS?”"

Umm… He is the performer of whose concert she was interupting so rudely. Who the hell does she think SHE is?

brightside @ 02/17/2010 at 12:05 am

Quite right, too. It’s ignorant people like that, that stop others from enjoying the performance. Leave the phone at home and go to enjoy the show. Should have rammed the phone somewhere painful. And kicked her out.

Lambert handles himself well, always. What sort of muppet yells into a phone during a soft, intimate acoustic performance? Let alone makes a call in the middle of a secret gig to begin with? People have no manners and sense of awareness these days.

MomTerryLady @ 02/17/2010 at 12:10 am

@whoa: I don’t think she was merely holding her phone for the person to hear. She was actually talking continuously and loudly while he was trying to sing. He had every right to stop and ask her to please not do that. She was being rude, plain and simple.

i can’t believe this chick went on her FB bragging like she was famous then went on Z100 w a diff story wtf!!! she aint no fan shes a troll. or just an obnoxious entitled fan

She had to yell because no one else would shut the f**k up.

bwahahahaha @ 02/17/2010 at 1:32 am

LOLLLL at the full vid and the banter vid, he is hilarious!

“LMFAO. Adam should’ve been like, “***** please, don’t Kanye me, or I’ll Tiger Woods your daddy.” That would´╗┐ have been EPIC!”

hahahahahahahahahaha

love FEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Headed ******!!!

LMFAO and THIS is why I love Adam Lambert voice aside:

It’s not the cellphone vid again don’t worry:

I’d buy him a drink on the house.

@ME: He calls himself a “f*g” in the banter vid so I’m not sure what point you were trying to make lmfao.

Homophobia is not cool and it’s not clever. It’s GAY. It only makes YOU look like a self loathing closeted gay lmao. Makes you look a ******.

He had every right to say that. It was kind of a slow song and she was standing like in front of him. I can imagine it’s distracting and it’s just really rude.

@Jeff: ANF the fact that this was being recorded for future PROMO. Yet she still was gobby on the phone and to the security. I can’t stand people like that. I’d have reacted a lot worse.

melissa asherman @ 02/17/2010 at 5:03 am

Go adam! I HATE PEOPLE WHO TALK ON THE PHONE LOUDLY DURING MOVIES, CONCERTS, SHOWS, ETC. IT’S RUDE! I CAME TO SEE WHATEVER IT IS I CAME FOR, AND I DIDN’T COME TO HEAR YOU CHAT ON THE PHONE!

rofl that was hilarious to me

Well done baby

LMFAO I love what his bro tweeted:

@ negativeneil Adam just stopped in the middle of a song and told some bit.ch in the audience to hang up her phone. So proud.

You go Adam! People need to learn when it is inappropriate to use a mobile phone. They need to start using jammers at venues to stop this ****.

There is nothin’ wrong with what Adam did. If I was performing i would want people to watch me. The chatty lady was undermining his performance. Adam can never do wrong in my eyes anyway…

He was not being rude!! He asked her in a nice way. I thought it was kinda funny what he said “Dominoes we deliver”….

This is not an arena concert.This is just a intimate small venue and acoustic people!She should have gotten kicked out!
and I love that this is kinda news.Go Adam!

Go Adam! You have a new fan in me! and I cant believe she was proud of getting called out for being rude. People who talk on the phone while they drive, at the movies or at a concert, are the worst.

I didn’t really like Adam. I thought his video “For Your Entertainment” was like a Britney Spears makeover, right down to the dance moves. I thought how tacky, being toted like it was something super new. NOW – I love the guy. Funny how the smallest things change your perception, eh? Awesome! Looooove it. And I loved that rendition of “Whataya want from me” too.

I was there. He wasn’t rude at all – VERY polite (& humourous) in fact. The venue should have thrown her out. She was YELLING into her phone. It was a very small venue (200 people packed in like sardines). You could hear her whole conversation. This was also being taped – and was a very intimate acoustic performance. This was an exclusive concert – people were practically selling their organs to go – if this chick didn’t want to be there, then she should have given her ticket to someone who would have appreciated it. It was like someone having a cell phone conversation in a movie theater, but much worse. How would YOU like that? Didn’t think you would.

See Megan Faux b4 surgery,

Are you serious?! I actually met him in person on Monday. He came out to the line (in the cold) to take pictures and sign autographs. He is actually quite tall and very slim. (And stunning in person.)

twpumpkin @ 02/17/2010 at 3:39 pm

THIS GUY IS SUCH A JERK! HE MAKES A BIG DEAL ABOUT BEING OPENLY GAY. WHY DIDNT HE “COME OUT” DURING AMERICAN IDOL? HE IS SUCH A PHONEY!

that comment that glamberace said made me think about what a famewhore he is
it was pretty funny tho, the chick must have been really embarrassed lol

media bias @ 02/17/2010 at 5:14 pm

SO SICK OF bloggers. You write stories without pertinent facts to cause hate and controversy. It was NOT a concert. It was a quiet intimate ACOUSTIC show being TAPED FOR I HEART RADIO AND Z100. z100 has been playing the acoustic RE-TAKE after her, all day yesterday and today. Security escorted her OUT. The previous show at VH! on Saturday told the audience if they dared use any cell r camera they’d be booted out. PERHAPS YOU SHOULD TELL Z100 RADIO YOU WANTED TO HEAR THE CELL PHONE WOMAN ON THE RADIO? IDIOTS.Further, his comments were said with a smile and joking with her trying to lighten up instead of calling her what she deserved. She later went on her facebook laughing how funny she thought she was.

media bias @ 02/17/2010 at 5:15 pm

LIVE SHOW BEING TAPED FOR Z100 AIR PLAY. UH HELLO?

@lakers fan in boston: Teaching someone on how to properly behave at an intimate setting = famewhore? Yeah, NO.

StateTheObvious @ 02/17/2010 at 11:43 pm

@whoa: If that were the case, like the people in the video holding up camcorders, camera’s and phones, she wouldn’t have been able to “yell into it.” It’s a bit hard, not to mention counterproductive, to yell into a phone while simultaneously holding it up to let your friends hear the concert.

While it may seem a little diva at first, no one can fault lambert for telling a person to stop making so much noise while he tries to entertain these people. He was singing to a small room venue using acoustic instruments and a (seemly) low-amplification microphone.

@FroFro:

i think that biotch shouldnt have been on the phone n if it is what that important she should have walked awat , n i dont even like adam , its just a matter of respect he is singing to his fans n shes interupptin n cant concentate!!!! i hate cell phones put it on vibarate~~!!!!!!!!!!

Me thinks Glambert had a hissy fit. ***** please. He sounded like ass and just wanted to start that mess over.

Narnia_land @ 02/18/2010 at 8:36 am

I think he handled the situation perfectly. You have to admit that it’s really disturbing when you’re in a concert, especially in an ACOUSTIC concert, and somebody yell at the phone. And i think Adam didn’t rude at all, he ASKED politely and he is such a big star.

good for him. it’s rude to be on a cell phone! call your friends or granny afterwards,.

It was an intimate accoustic concert, recorded for tv, not a huge stadium, where an odd person on a cell phone would not be heard.

darkdreams @ 03/01/2010 at 10:29 pm

@whoa:

Except this chick wasn’t quietly holding up her phone for someone else to listen — she was *screaming* into it at a show that was *NOT* a regular concert she’d paid to get into. It was being taped to be shown at a later date — it’d be like doing this during a recording session for an album…

(3:)AdamLambertIsSexy(3:) @ 03/02/2010 at 5:47 pm