Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

Hilary Duff 'Completely Surprised' by Proposal

Hilary Duff 'Completely Surprised' by Proposal

Hilary Duff heads back to her car after working out at a private gym on Wednesday (February 24) in West Hollywood.

The 22-year-old actress gave photogs a great shot of her blingin’ engagement ring – gorgeous!

Hil‘s sister Haylie told People that Mike Comrie‘s proposal was unexpected but wonderful for Hilary.

“She was completely surprised,” Haylie said. “I don’t think that happens all the time. I think most of the time people figure it out or have some idea that it’s going to happen, and I think it’s great he was able to do a surprise like that for her.”

10+ pictures inside of Hilary Duff heading home after a workout…

hilary duff black tank top gym 01
hilary duff black tank top gym 02
hilary duff black tank top gym 03
hilary duff black tank top gym 04
hilary duff black tank top gym 05
hilary duff black tank top gym 06
hilary duff black tank top gym 07
hilary duff black tank top gym 08
hilary duff black tank top gym 09
hilary duff black tank top gym 10
hilary duff black tank top gym 11

John Parra/Getty

She really is a beautiful girl. Congrats & Best Wishes! They make a great couple.

22 years old is a very young age to be engaged.

Having said that, I do hope this really works out for Hilary and Mike.

serena1994 @ 02/24/2010 at 6:18 pm

she is so young. i got the feeling like it’s gonna be divorce by 25 for her.

Like it or not, HILARY RULES !!! You go girl

BEAUTIFUL
HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT

I’m sorry, but that ring is waaaay too big and gaudy. Looks like costume jewelry or like Paris Hilton’s ridiculous engagement ring she had!

She looks happy!

@serena1994:

Yeah,look at Brandy,Resse Witherspoon & Kate Hudson–all tied the
knot at around Hil’s age,then guess what happened by the time all
3 turned 30????

You know, I think it’s not even pretty, it’s too big!

She is smiling because soon she can get a piece of his dad’s money.
Career over, time to marry a rich guy and pop out a baby or two.

her ring is too big..looks fake. At least this engagement is getting her some press again..her career really is not up to much these days other than her lame appearance of Gossip Girl

@ Venom- With a network over $25 million for Hilary, you sound like fool.

It's Real @ 02/24/2010 at 6:51 pm

Trust me, her ring is pretty!! You’ve probably only seen big rings with cheap diamonds. But that is a big ring with a top notch diamond. Huge difference. I’m sure you wouldn’t be complaining that it was too gaudy or big if some handsome, rich athlete gave it to you. Give it up, jealousy!

Im happy finally found someone….and boi that ring is pretty luvs it.

Villagefabz..com

Gorgeous girl and a pretty ring, but please take it off while you work out.

No Jewelry for me when I’m sweating it out.

HATE THIS FAKE ATTENTION HOE

Desperate @ 02/24/2010 at 7:29 pm

Surprised?? Yeah, right. She conveniently had paps stationed right outside her room who caught the whole thing–including her beau on bended knee. What is wrong with this girl???? If she is trying to get publicity, this looks WAY too desperate. Me thinks she jealous of Carrie Underwood (their guys are on the same hockey team) and the fact that Carrie was engaged first with beautiful ring.

unbelieveable @ 02/24/2010 at 7:46 pm

Awww it sounds like some people in here didn’t get hugged enough from their parents when they were young causing their hearts to turn to blackholes. Honestly if u can’t say anything nice then just stay in whatever hole u slithered out of cause I don’t want to hear it why is it when something good happens to a person people feel the need to insult them, it’s pathetic. I’m sorry that your lives suck but that ain’t my problem, if u can’t make a good comment or muster a congrats then just move on. By the way congrats Hilary best of luck

elin_woods @ 02/24/2010 at 8:00 pm

She is smiling cause ***** is set for life, and doesn’t have to make ****** movies anymore.

Get that cash horsey!

divorce in 2 years….too young to be married…

# 6 i completely agree blech i like odette yustmans ring better

BIG, EXPENSIVE, GAUDY, YES ALL OF THOSE…BUT IT’S THE MOST EXPENSIVE BLOWJOB EVER RECORDED.

she is so lucky, she looks slimmer and beautiful btw

Lovely lady! The rock is over the top and I love it! He’s a hockey player and he’s loaded why not buy her something gaudy!! I’ve always liked Hillary Duff, I wish her the best! They are very cute couple!

Very cute and I always take jewelry off when working out especially rings and watches. Ring very pretty and huge just like Underwoods ring too.

Why do they have to be so public about this? First the cameras just happened to be there when he proposed… then she’s been photgraphed with the ring about 4 times and now her sister is giving interviews to magazines?

Attention hungry…..

That’s a nice ring, and I actually like her healthy body unlike some people in Hollywood, but I still don’t buy the surprise element of her engagement. At least I haven’t seen a photo of her and her fiance for a looong time, so I thought they broke up, but the next I see them together was him getting down on his knees and proposing to her. That was really tacky that she felt like sharing such private moment with the paps.

22 is not to young to be enaged and who’s to say that they are going to get married quick it could be next year or even further down the road at the end of the day it’s their choice when and where, just like the prorposal was Mike’s choice why should they and any other celebraty have to always wonder if the press are about before they decide to to anything in their live’s they don’t need the press or fan’s permission when and where to do things or to decided where they can go.

Take away their jobs and they are just human like everyone else and deserve the same respect and to run and enjoy their lives as they see fit.

And Hilary is’nt flashing her ring to the photographers they are choosing to zoom in on it as always being nosey.

I hope her and Mike contiune to be happy and whenever the day is is special and private for them.

wow, its HUGEEE, i wouldnt want my engagement ring to be that big looks quite fake, like a dress up ring or something. still pretty though.

she lost weight

you guys are so dumb, if someone liked you enough to give you a $1 mil. engagement ring i’m sure you’d say YES. so stop the jealousy, and why or how is it gaudy? it’s one color, the only thing is that it’s big, so get over it. it’s big in a good way.

if you don’t like her, or think this is for attention, blah blah, etc, dont read or comment this post! it’s that easy! don’t waste your time!!

anyway, hilary is still so respected, and has been able to keep her dignity.

ps, good luck to her and mike, however they’re engagement/marriage lasts, and if it doesn’t, why do you care? it’s HER life, stop worrying about it!

congrats hilary!

Congrats !!!
Haylie must be soooo jealous…..

CanadaGirl @ 02/25/2010 at 4:26 pm

She’s deflabbing now that she’s engaged.

Hilary Duff id looking buff!!!

@Emma: Jealousy is a sickness-a really horrible disease that makes even the most decent folks spew garbage. You best get that checked before it becomes untreatable. Her ring is beautiful. God Bless.