'Smallville' Renewed For A 10th Season

'Smallville' Renewed For A 10th Season

Smallville has officially been renewed and will be back for a tenth season!

The CW program has “dramatically improved” in ratings since moving to its Friday timeslot this past season.

Smallville joins the ranks of previously renewed shows Gossip Girl, 90210, The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural and America’s Next Top Model, according to a CW release (via Variety).

Smallville‘s ratings for men 18-49 were up 183% and 74% overall!!

Photos: Jack Rowand/The CW
Posted to: Smallville

Mike Coppola/Getty
  • Rihanna reunites with her ex-boyfriend Drake in NYC- US Weekly
  • Jackie Chan is ashamed of his son after weed bust in China- TMZ
  • Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson rocky romance rumors completely false- Gossip Cop
  • Ariana Grande streams four new songs from her upcoming album- Just Jared Jr
  • Sin City co-director Frank Miller remembers Brittany Murphy- Huffington Post
  • Johnny Depp's daughter Lily Rose is heading to the big screen- Lainey Gossip
  • Selena Gomez kills the fashion game yet again- Hollywood Tuna

LeviKlein @ 03/04/2010 at 6:24 pm

Right so Smallville survives and Ugly Betty gets cancelled after only 4 seasons? Right.

yaaayy, GO SMALLVILLE !

no way are ratings for Smallville are better than last season, Huge Lies, it may be better than what aired on friday last year, but on Thursdays it used get 4 million viewers

Seriously? Rofl.

Oh wow.

I seriously stopped watching this years ago and it’s still running?

I stopped watching this show since season 6….

I think I’m the only girl who watches this religiously. haha
Hottest man on the planet. No way I’ll miss an episode.

yay!!!!!!! great news. season 9 has been awesome, everyone should watch its been the best yet. And never say no to the hotness that is Tom welling!!!.

it should stopped at 5th season…

@mandy:
You aren’t the only one, I do too, and people think I’m crazy. If I miss an episode I’ll cry. Tom Welling is the most beautiful person ever created!

I haven’t watched it since Season 4 or 5, but I’m glad it’s still going on. It’s a great show and Tom Welling is sexy!

I am so happy. I have seen every episode and it has been real good this year. But I still never understood how this show survives. Its ratings have always been bad. To the first poster Ugly Betty sucks.

I stopped watching once Lana left. The show to me is awful now.

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now when the heck is Clark going to fly instead of running all the time like the Flash, even Zod can fly and he didn’t even need any lessons

yeah!!! season 10!!!!!!

I love watching Smallville too! Tom Welling is hot and also Justin Hartley.

I also stopped watching this show. It’s not Smallville anymore but a cheap imitation of Metropolis. I wonder how happy Welling is that he has to do this one more season! I know he signed up for 9 & 10, but that’s so he can be exec producer and have the opportunity to produce shows for WB and make alot more money. Now he’s stuck for another year.

Maybe he’s happy though, because Smallville is the only show he could get away without ever promoting it.

Fly … put on your cape and fly… are you Superman or Flash?

i stopped when Kristin Kreuk and Michael Rosenbaum left. i wanted to keep supporting Alison Mack and Tom Welling but its just not the same. especially since theyre pairing up TOm and Erica’s Clark and Lois. ugh. doesnt fit at all.

& to the previous commentor, you cant compare Smallville and Ugly Betty. Smallville is from the CW while Ugly Betty is abc. so if youre still bitter, go to ABC and compain.

Smallville sucks now, I stopped watching after Season 7, when Kristen Kreuk left.

Who cares about Smallville? RENEW ONE TREE HILL <333

awesome! but i still miss Kristin Kreuk. Justin Hartley made it up for me though.

Please cancel One Tree Hill!!!

WOOHOOO!!!! MORE SMALLVILLE & TOM WELLING!!!!! keep them coming!!!!!!! love lois and clark, they are really adorable!!!

YES! I love Smallville. It is one of maybe 5 shows I watch on network tv. I am so happy I will get another season.

it’s the worst show ever but i can’t stop watching for Lois and Clark. or maybe the lack of Lana is THAT appealing.

Isn’t it about time they changed the title of this thing to “Peter Pan, or The Boy Who Never Grew Up to Be Superman”?

This show has become so horribly predictable and disappointing that I don’t know how it got renewed.

Smallvile is not the same anymore for me when Kirsten Kreuk left the show. Pairing Tom Welling with Erika is just eewww to me.

pretty young girl @ 03/05/2010 at 1:07 am

Oh yeah! More Sexy Tom Welling!

I was glad when Lana left Smallville. Clark and Lana were super boring and all Clark did all the time with her was whine and brood. At least in the past 2 seasons they had some character development. Clark and Lois were like the House and Cuddy of Smallville. It was about time to get them together after five years of foreplay.

BEST NEWS EVER!!!

Season 9 has been absolutely AMAZING!
So excited for season 10!!!!!!!

seriously ??? i’ve watch only 2 seasons I even didn’t know it’s still running

YES MORE CLOIS!!!!!….HO AND MORE TOM =)

********
YES!!!! Another year with the sexy TOM WELLING! Thank you CW and Warner – we love Smallville!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonderful news! I love the show.

Yes! Tom and Erica have fantastic chemistry. Not like Tom and Kristen. So glad Lana isn’t in the show anymore! Go, Clark and Lois!

Thank god, that CW believes in Smallville!

I kinda stopped watching this right in the middle of season 5. But anyways congrats to them

It is good to know that CW believes in Smallville. Besides Tom and Erica are way better together! they are great actors and their characters have grew up hugely, I hope Allison Mack renews for 10th season too!!!

Yay, Im so happy! More Lois and Clark, they are so amazing together! My favoite couple at the moment and I love that Oliver and Chloe might get together! Smallville is better then ever especially without Lana. She was soooo annoying!

i am very happy right now¡¡¡
Another year with my favorite serie and the most beautiful man in the world.
Go Smallville¡¡¡

wtf ok so he becomes duper man when he hit 80yr seriously hes getting old its about time her broke out the tights

#30 @Blip: Very funny.

Shipper talk is so dull. But it’s interesting how Lana, who left the show over a year ago, is mentioned so often by the few still watching. Move on people, Lana has.

Yes with villians but i still like it anyway. especiallly the who plays lois lane. It is great fun to do.Love it on friday night. Tom Welling is hot and sweet

Yay!!! Love love Smallville. Super happy to hear about the great news. Love the story line its so COMICbook. Lois and Clark rocks!!!!

@meow: I agree, Lana left she show a good while now yet her name crops up all the time. Those of u (e.g. #34, 45) still talking about her and making comparisons obviously still feel threatened by her existence. It should be out of sight, out of mind.

I love Smallville so much. I’m so happy it’s returning for a 10th season!!

Renee Anderson @ 03/05/2010 at 3:33 pm

Wow!!!!!!! I’m so happy that Tom (Clark) will be on TV for another year. Can someone tell me why Tom Welling is not in Hollywood? This man surpasses all the suppose to be A listers in looks and acting. This man needs to be on the big screen. Perhaps when Smallville ends, he will be chosen by some smart Hollywood producer and a smart agent. I love Smallville and can’t wait until Friday night to watch however, I did prefer Thursday’s. Smallville is awesome.

Yes!!!! Smallville rocks, Clark and Lois rocks, season 9 rocks, he will fly in season 10, get the girl and save the world. And Tom Welling is the hottest man alive on this earth, lucky Mrs Welling!! Go Smallville!!

yeah I was so glad when lana finally sod off as she was just holding clark back. Love clois together, lois really brings out the super-man in clark kent and really supports him. growl…LOL.

@Renee Anderson:Since you asked, I’ll give you 3 reasons why Tom Welling is “not in Hollywood”.
(1) His acting ability is below par, and he knows it.
(2) He fears the spotlight on his personal life with a passion.
(3) He’s just a pretty face. Unfortunately, none of Michael Rosenbaum’s (played Lex Luther) ample charm and charisma rubbed off on him. Here’s one more for good measure!
(4) He seriously believes that he is Clark Kent, minus the powers. Then again…

SteveDenver @ 03/06/2010 at 11:34 am

Tom Welling continues to grow increasingly handsome: I’ll watch him any day!

Kristen had to leave as anyone who is familiar with Superman lore knows that Lana was his teen love and Lois is his adult love (and eventual wife). Going into a 10th season though I’d like for Ma Kent to be able to have a few guest episodes again, I really miss her. Also at this point in the game it’s just ridiculous that Clark both cannot STILL fly and also keeps skulking in alleys like Batman, and should at last be wearing his Superhero Red & Blues ALREADY instead of looking like a Neo-Matrix wannabe!!

JensenLUVER Tanya @ 03/08/2010 at 5:04 pm

WOOHOO!!!! LOVE THIS MAN!!! SEXIEST AND HOTTESS MAN IN THE UNIVERSE!!!!! ps i hate LOIS!!!!

@mandy:

YEA YOU ARE SO RIGHT
LOVE HIM

i love this show
i dont wantch it that much b/c of church
but i think i will stop going and watch smallville
love lois, clark, and oliver #1

@leila:
YEA THAT IS SO TRUE
I WANT THEM TOGETHER

Loissucks @ 03/23/2010 at 2:16 am

The show is just existing as a milking cow for the cast and crew who arent talented enough to pursue other projects…..i cant wait to see the ratings tumling rock bottom…this is gonna be more exiting than the show itself…on second thought i dont care know more of this garbage

@quest:

hahaha..lois fans know that lana was clark true love and the best leading lady of smallville…..lois will never be on lana level never…..thats why its so treatening for them….

@Renee Anderson:

im sorry but tom welling isnt hollywood material….thats why he cant let go of smallville ….because once that is gone his career will be gone and forgotten….he just doesnt have the right acting chops…..

@Shea: I’m rite there with you ladies… I can’t get enough of this show since Season 8… just beautiful :-)