Gabourey Sidibe: Oprah Asked Me to the Oscars!

Gabourey Sidibe: Oprah Asked Me to the Oscars!

Gabourey Sidibe gears up for the Oscars at the Women In Film Pre-Oscar Party and the Essence Black Women in Hollywood Luncheon on Thursday (March 4) in Los Angeles.

The 26-year-old Precious actress told People that while she’d planned to bring her mama to the Oscars as her date, she recently got an offer from a very famous female…

Oprah called me and was like, ‘Hey girl, do you want to ride together?’ ” Gabby shared.

“I was like, ‘I got it Oprah, calm down. I don’t want to show up with you. People will think we’re too cool,” she laughed before admitting that Oprah‘s the only person she “continually [gets] star-struck by.”

10+ pictures inside of Gabourey Sidibe at pre-Oscar parties…

gabourey sidibe pre oscar parties 01
gabourey sidibe pre oscar parties 02
gabourey sidibe pre oscar parties 03
gabourey sidibe pre oscar parties 04
gabourey sidibe pre oscar parties 05
gabourey sidibe pre oscar parties 06
gabourey sidibe pre oscar parties 07
gabourey sidibe pre oscar parties 08
gabourey sidibe pre oscar parties 09
gabourey sidibe pre oscar parties 10

Photos: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN, Frazer Harrison/Getty
Posted to: Gabourey Sidibe

Charley Gallay/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

Why doesn’t she try to lose weight? If I was comfortable with my smoking habit, people would vilify me. But she’s comfortable being unhealthily overweight and it’s okay?

People talk about super thin models being bad role models. But people who are comfortable being unhealthily overweight are just as bad role models.

what an ugly creature

Don’t call her an “animal” or a “creature”! That’s so disrespectful.

BUT I am wondering who decided to put her in a dress with horizontal stripes…not the most flattering choice that’s for sure

Totally agree about the horizontal stripes! Horizontal stripes is the LAST thing you should wear if you’re overweight. Change your stylist, Gabby!

She is a wonderful actress..nothing is wrong with her..Rock on Gabby!

I was going to say the same thing, Kate! Horizontal stripes is not for overweight people.

ck_always @ 03/06/2010 at 2:31 am

I wonder if she had to use two tickets for herself.

Kinda sad @ 03/06/2010 at 2:32 am

I’ve heard her in interviews and she seems very sweet – and pretty intelligent too. It’s really a shame she doesn’t seem to have enough common sense to do something about her weight. Surely she realizes it can’t be healthy to be that heavy.

hey, you don’t know if she’s doing anything about the weight or not. it’s not easy to lose a lot of weight overnight. maybe she’s dieting, working out, and other stuff that we don’t know about.

i’d hit it, all night long

This girl has the smallest eyes I’ve ever seen!

Even if she didn’t have such a fat face her eyes are incredibly small.

ck_always @ 03/06/2010 at 3:16 am

@dolce: You don’t lose 300 pounds by dieting.

Losing weight is really hard. We don’t know that she hasn’t been trying!

Love you Gabby. You Rock!!

brightside @ 03/06/2010 at 4:25 am

Horizontal stripes not a good idea but the green dress is a winner and, in that, she looks as though she’s lost a little weight.

Go Ask Alice @ 03/06/2010 at 4:43 am

Horitzontal stripes are ok if you are her size because ,really, it makes her look no larger or smaller. Really.
As if any style can make her look smaller or not.
Calm down,because I am plus size myself and have been way smaller . I know how it feels to be on both ends.
WAIT, I am NOT making fun of her size.
I have seen this girl in interviews and she is smart, kind,witty and a really good actress. She was an unknown plucked from college.
Her size, the girl is so young and is at an unhealthy weight.
Everybody is made to be a size 4.
Everybody is not made to be a size 28-32 either.

Everybody who is larger is not unhealthy either.
I know ALL about the weight thing.
I am too big now, but I can move, bend, stoop, walk a few miles, go all day, goup and down flights of stairs and not be out of breath, etc.

I don’t think Gabby can.

ck_always @ 03/06/2010 at 5:53 am

@Lcgirl: Uh ..because it doesn’t work that way? All of a sudden eating healthy food isn’t going to shed pounds off any body. You eat sugar, protein, and fat ..your body gains wait. Then you turn around and eat a head of lettuce and it’s supposed to make you lose weight? Haha, no. That’s just a common mistake people make when using “dieting” as an excuse. You have to physically work it off. In Gabourney’s case, she will probably never look thin and most definitely won’t ever lose that weight by dieting and exercising. Her best chance would be surgery and then having to exercise and diet from that point on for the rest of her life. Those are the consequences for getting that big in the first place. These are just the cold-hard facts. Diet pills are another false hope for people who use them. A diet pill does nothing but tricks your body into thinking it’s been given the appropriate amount of nutrition, thus starving it ..resulting in a false termed “weight loss”.

I like these dresses better. The green and black dress is beautiful!

I think she has talent,and i agree who is to say she is not trying to lose weight. Being heavy is not healthy,but then again neither is being STICK THIN AND YET SOMETIMES WE ADMIRE STICK THIN.WHY???? The Girl has Talent.

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/03/06/gabourey-sidibe-oprah-asked-me-to-the-oscars/#comments#ixzz0hOzZOe18

WRONG, Have you ever seen a tv show called THE BIGGEST LOSER.
“Shauntina “Shay” Sorrells is the biggest contestant to ever tip “The Biggest Loser” scales. At her first weigh-in, the married mother of two was 476 pounds. While on the ranch, she shed 150 pounds”
Shay lost weight by exercise and eating right.
GS does not weigh more than 500 lbs. Thus she can lose the weight the same way. However I doubt she can do it while traveling around promoting her movie and going to awards shows.
So leave her alone and let her enjoy this time.

For god’s sake she is a human being created by god leave her alone jeez

I agree with Kate.

The stripes do nothing for her, but my god she’s gorgeous in the green!

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All