Zoe Saldana Covers 'Essence' Magazine April 2010

Zoe Saldana Covers 'Essence' Magazine April 2010

Zoe Saldana is all smiles on the April 2010 cover of Essence magazine.

Here’s what the 31-year-old actress had to share with the mag:

On sex: “Love it, love it, love it-can’t live without it! I love sex. I love skin. I don’t believe the body is something to hide. I think in American society we’re messing up our kids by taking away the education on and awareness of our sexuality and replacing it with violence, guns and video games-and we’re breeding little criminals.”

On love: “I’m more of a punch-drunk-love kind of girl. I mean punch as in that pow, that jolt, that kick in the gut. I like things that are severe, passionate and extreme.”

For more from Zoe, check out Essence.com!

Bigger cover pic inside…

zoe saldana essence magazine april 2010 01
zoe saldana essence magazine april 2010 02

• Elizabeth Berkley isn't curious about the new Saved By the Bell movie- US Weekly
  • Former Destiny's Child singer Farrah Franklin was arrested for disorderly conduct - TMZ
  • Watch Bruce Willis in a new trailer for The Prince- Gossip Cop
  • Pixie Lott is fierce in a neon green dress - Just Jared Jr
  • Bones could be back for an 11th season- Entertainment Weekly
  • What lyrics made Jay Z cry?- Huffington Post
  • Derek Jeter recently played his last MLB All-Star Game- Lainey Gossip
  • Get the scoop on all the parties happening at Comic-Con- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Paulina Porizkova rocks a bikini at 50- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Show All

I love the style and the hair

Agree with her view on sex and violence. Amen!

original lexy @ 03/10/2010 at 5:55 pm

She’s very pretty and talented. Not sure that’s the best picture of her but she still looks great!

Lovely, but I wish you would post more of the interview. Thanks Jared.

I love Zoe! I’m looking forward to getting this Essence magazine.

Also, I totally agree with Zoe about American society making sexuality seem vulgar yet it glorifies violence.

did they really ask her if she liked sex? how classy!

hjhjh…THANK YOU.

love her.
seriously, she’s so straightforward and honest, it’s extremely refreshing.

she seems bland to me.

I love her! She’s gorgeous! I’m so jealous that she used to date Orlando Bloom.

++Logan++ @ 03/10/2010 at 6:55 pm

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO ADMITS THEY LOVE SEX AND ISN’T TRYING TO ACT LIKE A VIRGIN.

Virgins are so B.C (Before Christ)

Sex is awesome when you have it with someone you know, trust, love and are attracted too :)

Spanky 29 @ 03/10/2010 at 6:58 pm

i liked her till she opened her mouth, she has megan fox syndrome

is that her real hair?

@hair?: Yes! She isn’t black…. Not saying that black people don’t have long hair or anything but She isn’t black!

melissa b @ 03/10/2010 at 7:10 pm

@Janeth: what is she then? Serioulsy I wanna know.

so she wants more hoes running around?

not black? @ 03/10/2010 at 7:16 pm

she wouldn’t be on a the cover of a black magazine., and by the way many black women have long hair. I read somewhere she is part black and part cuban.

ManistH0n @ 03/10/2010 at 7:17 pm

She is Black. She is an afro latina. Has african and latin blood (probably spanish) in her at least.
People are weird. They think you cannot be both like in the US when indeed, jut like Asians, Indians, Arab, Europeans, who ALL can be Latines too which is a culture not a race.

aah don’t be so prude. some people just love sex and it’s perfectly normal. hey at least she’s being honest about it!

@++Logan++: Agreed. @Janeth: I knew it…but what’s her ethnicity? I’m curious to know. It’s kinda degrading to ask if it’s her real hair….I mean, just like her, I’m kinda dark-skinned and I’m multi-ethnic (white, black, Indian and Chinese) and people think it’s not my hair when I straighten it because it’s originally wavy/curly. But it is. And it’s not short. But anyway asking if it’s her real hair is degrading for black people. Some black people do have long hair you know. But yeah, I have to admit also that some use weaves a lot. ANYWAY, Zoe is so damn pretty. I really love her. But I think she’s a little too thin. If she gained a tiny bit of weight, she’d be perfect. She’s so gorgeous. @Celia: Whaaaaat? She dated Orlando Bloom?! I didn’t know that! I knew they were in a movie together but I didn’t know they dated in real life WOW. But oh well, they make a cute couple. Both hot.

@Janeth:

She is black. Afro Dominican. Afro-black Dominican/Puerto Rican ( culturally form the Dominican Republic/Puerto Rico).

I am black, but I am Afro-Guyanese. I have the book she looks lovely inside, not alot of makeup and an awesome interview! Buy ESSENCE!

shes dominicann
she said that she lived there for a few years

@Janeth:

Okay let me correct you. She is black. Her race is black her ethnicity is dominican. I am domincan and we are black. Read her interviews she will tell you her self.

And yes that is her real hair. The people of the Dominican Republic come in all shades of brown. Some have african heritage.

So please dont speak what you dont know. You obviously know nothing of the domincan culture

@tweety: “some people” who DOESN’T love sex???? If you don’t, it’s bc you or your lover aren’t doing something right lmao.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Show All