Beyonce & Jay-Z Break Ground in Brooklyn

Beyonce & Jay-Z Break Ground in Brooklyn

Beyonce comes out to support her husband Jay-Z at the ceremonial groundbreaking for Barclays Center — the new arena for the New Jersey Nets — at Atlantic Yards on Thursday (March 11) in New York City’s Brooklyn.

“What I stand here and represent is hope for Brooklyn, New York City. I’m a son of Brooklyn, I’m from Marcy projects.” Jay said. “I think about growing up in Brooklyn in the Marcy projects and shooting jump shots, thinking I can make it to the NBA. Now I stand here as an owner of [the Nets] that’s coming back to Brooklyn. The pride in that, and bringing that dream so much closer for people, brings me so much pride I get a little nervous about it. But I’m very happy, very excited about this day. And we did it again Brooklyn — shout out to [Notorious] B.I.G.”

20+ pictures inside of Beyonce and Jay-Z breaking ground in Brooklyn…

beyonce jay z break ground brooklyn 01
beyonce jay z break ground brooklyn 17
beyonce jay z break ground brooklyn 18
beyonce jay z break ground brooklyn 19
beyonce jay z break ground brooklyn 20

Getty

...I n F a m o u s l y C o o l @ 03/11/2010 at 6:38 pm

…`this is HUGE for hov, and brooklyn.
~
…`atlantic yards is now the biggest privatly own project in brooklyn history.. `and you can thank JAY-Z for that! fact!

Her skin is glow-y and amazing, jealous :x

Her teeth and gums look so clean and healthy lol.

i don’t know how weaves work….but is that a weave because if that is a weave…damn i want one even though i don’t need it

Whoop! to Jay-Z*

WTF! Beyonce who did your makeup that 1950′s glam does not look good. Beyonce always looks better with less when it comes to makeup, she looks younger with less.

She needs more eyeliner…. *sarcasm*

black beauty @ 03/11/2010 at 8:34 pm

beyonce is scary looking in these pics

thats_right @ 03/11/2010 at 8:57 pm

she is so ugly and scary here wow is she trying to be like Amy Winehouse look at her make up ughhhhh she is nastyy. By the way Iove Amy Winehouse, but not Beyonce she is untalented attentions seeking witch. lol

I’m happy for Brooklyn and sad for Brooklyn. I’m happy for Brooklyn because Jay-Z is able to bring an NBA team to Brooklyn that will definitely help with jump starting the economy and getting new jobs started when we need news jobs for many unemployed people.But I’m sad for Brooklyn because the NBA team he is bringing over is the Nets!

@thats_right:

I guess no one can wear eyeliner because Amy Winehouse invented it…I love Amy Winehouse too but I’d rather be Beyoncé than some crack fiend with matted hair.

crazy woman @ 03/12/2010 at 12:06 am

Beyonce clown face go easy on the make up. Bright red lipstick does not match her. JayZ such a huge lame ass loser

she looks awful……. i can’t stand JZ , i think he is a racist Motherf-ck…….

They will have ugly kids, what ever genes Beyonce passes them JZ ugliness will overpower them, good thing they have the money to use the best plastic surgeons.

You in the end @ 03/12/2010 at 12:34 am

Why such a naturally beautiful insists on wearing that muchh makeup is beyond me. She only ends up ugly and old.

Beyonce looks great as usual, so enough with the mean comments already.

WOW its rare we see Beyonce looking a mess!!! And this time is no exception…Her red lipstick smeared around her mouth, and not on her lips! Her frankenstein eyebrows tied in with her greasy skin…Yuck

dye that hair already it’s growing..!!!

When I read the first few comments..I was like are you kidding me? She’s wearing too much makeup.

joneblaze @ 03/12/2010 at 1:04 pm

love her but to much make up

@Emi: well honey that’s not her skin! it’s make-up and she bleaches ;) not so natural right?

on2danext1 @ 03/12/2010 at 3:29 pm

oh lord. so much ugly

red lipstick isn’t for everyone, girl :|

sweetness @ 03/12/2010 at 3:41 pm

it’s sure not natural… nothing is natural about her
her hair and her haircolor, her teeth, her skin
and then the lipstick thing going on.. go away bee, you’re not lady gaga or something with your freakish video’s..
maybe you won a lot of emmy’s and other stuff.. but not everybody likes you OR YOUR SH/TBAG…oh i mean husband

Wonder where he gets all that money…oh wait, a concert of his is $130 a ticket. :|