'Alice in Wonderland' Tops Weekend Box Office

'Alice in Wonderland' Tops Weekend Box Office

Johnny Depp and Mia Wasikowska‘s Alice in Wonderland raked in another $62 million this past weekend, clobbering the competition including Matt Damon‘s The Green Zone. Here’s who else placed behind Disney’s 3-D fantasy:

1. Alice in Wonderland, $62 million
2. The Green Zone, $14.5 million
3. She’s Out of My League, $9.6 million
4. Remember Me, $8.3 million
5. Shutter Island, $8.1 million
6. Our Family Wedding, $7.6 million
7. Avatar, $6.6 million
8. Brooklyn’s Finest, $4.3 million
9. Cop Out, $4.2 million
10. The Crazies, $3.7 million

Alice, the Tim Burton-directed movie, has taken in about $430 million globally. Quite impressive for just two weeks out the gate!

WHAT DID YOU see this past weekend??

Valerie Macon/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

I saw Remember Me. It was a great film.

Alice was good, but not great.

It doesn’t surprise me that the most escapist film got the top box office.

I watched The Green Zone, it was excellent! Tempted to watch it again actually.
Saw Alice last week, enjoyed it too. Love the Cheshire Cat, always have been my favorite Alice character. And loved the Red Queen “Off with their heads!!!”.
Avatar was ok, don’t get the hype. Might watch Shutter Island, still undecided. Not watching the rest.

Watched Where the Wild Things Are (depressing, but good-not for kids) & Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day (ok)

I <3 Redbox!

ash_williams @ 03/14/2010 at 6:40 pm

i don`t care, i want to see remember me!!!

dollhouse @ 03/14/2010 at 6:43 pm

I think it’s funny how all these idiots thought Remember Me would be #1 just because Robert Pattinson’s in it.

AnnIe is not Okay Michael! @ 03/14/2010 at 6:48 pm

I thought all the twilight fans would flock to see remember me.guess not

Watched Shutter Island, and im really impressed. Amazing story, and Scorsese (of course) made the best out of it. DiCaprio really stole my heart. I wasnt his fan before this movie, but he really did grow up, and became such a man and actor.

Saw “The Green Zone”, it was awful, the most anti American movie I have ever watched, people were walking out before the movie ended, just hated it… never knew Matt Damon was another Sean Penn, I mean this sincerely I will NEVER watch another movie with Matt Damon in it.

What was anti-American about The Green Zone? Where did you watch it? Nobody walked out in the theater I was in. Don’t comment if you didn’t watch it. Don’t watch it if you don’t like Matt Damon but you don’t have to spew ignorant untruths about the movie.

Robert Pattinson is no boxoffice draw what so ever

Yeah. The little girls only want to see him as Edward. And everyone else is so sick of his over exposure that they will stay as far away as possible from anything that he does.

...I n F a m o u s l y C o o l @ 03/14/2010 at 7:18 pm

..seriously, remember me was a really good movie. rob did a great job. some might say he played a angier edward cullen but i think that movie was really really good. the ending was sooooo fcuking sad, and fcuked up.
~
..even the twilight fans should go out and see this. i didn’t like him before but i like him now.

...I n F a m o u s l y C o o l @ 03/14/2010 at 7:18 pm

….*angrier.

I’m so sick of seeing Robert EVERYWHERE that I will not see this movie even for free on cable.
Besides, it got terrible reviews.
No thank you.

...I n F a m o u s l y C o o l @ 03/14/2010 at 7:34 pm

remember me was empty. the line(s) for Alice in Wonderland was soo fcukinggg longgggg.multiple lines

Robert is supposedly HOT right now. If he can’t pull in an audience now, he never will.

I saw The Blind Side and LOOOOOVED it!!!

saw remember me…..amazing movie! have a new respect for Robert pattinson :)

I loved it loved it!!!! I liked all the characters!!!

I loved Alice in Wonderland.

gotta see it @ 03/14/2010 at 8:57 pm

Haven’t seen it yet…

i saw remember me that movie was full of sadness n i loved it
robert and the cast did an amazing job with remember me
i cried at the last 10mins of the movie it was full of sadness i loved it n ill keep seeing it cause i love it
go rob!!!!!

I am kinda with you, Ava. Matt Damon has totally turned me off with some of his political comments. I’m still keeping my Bourne movies, though. And, I’m glad that this movie flopped at the box office. Maybe this movie would have done better a few years ago, during the height of the anti-Bush and anti-war mania, but, except for some hard core liberals, people don’t want to hear that anymore.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All