Kate Winslet Splits with Sam Mendes

Kate Winslet Splits with Sam Mendes

Kate Winslet and her husband of nearly seven years, director Sam Mendes, have split.

Kate and Sam are saddened to announce that they separated earlier this year,” their lawyers said in a statement (via People). “The split is entirely amicable and is by mutual agreement. Both parties are fully committed to the future joint parenting of their children.”

The couple married in 2003 and have a six-year-old son, Joe, together. Kate also has a nine-year-old daughter, Mia, from a previous marriage.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » Show All
Keep it Real @ 03/15/2010 at 3:52 pm

I wouldnot stress the oscar curse tooo much because we know Halle Berry’s hubby was a sex addict long before she won (they were doomed.) Julia Roberts pretty much changed boyfriends/hubbys frequently until her current one. We also know some of the other women were with men who couldnot cope with living in their wives career shadows. Maybe the lesson is actresses need to marry people OUTSIDE of the industry.

Wow. They did a good job keeping that secret…didn’t hear a whisper about this. Hope they work out something with the kids in mind – they’re always the ones that suffer the most.

danderleon @ 03/15/2010 at 4:00 pm

I doubt the Oscar had anything to do with it. She met her first assistant director husband on set and they divorced 3 years and 1 child later and she started seeing Sam Mendes pretty soon after the divorce. If she’s not careful she will have a gaggle of Directors and a child with each.

If there was anything between her and Leo it would have happened ages ago plus I don’t think Leo swings that way.

Wow… I think my heart stopped beating for about ten seconds after reading the awful news!

Wow! second divorce!

OULALA didn’t expect that one from her! I guess Love comes and just fades away in stupidwood…

Keep it Real @ 03/15/2010 at 4:30 pm

@danderleon. I have to aggree with you there. Kate needs to be able to take things wayyyyy slower next time. I know very passionate people have a hard time doing that.

Gwenyth dropped Ben big head after her win
reese witherspoon dropped her hubby after her win
hilary dropped her hubby after her second win…she was not famous enough when she won the first one.

like I said the pattern is there.
the curse is not the award is the striving to get to that point
the women scarifice alot to get to that point. children….spouses.. time with family.. even in todays world it is still frowned upon when a women neglects her family.
but men can stay away from their family for months and no one blinks an eye.
this is the dilemna…women still pay the price.
I dont think sam mendes was jealous of her success but it might have to do with the time they spend apart and the sacrifices she makes to be succesful.
Reese witherspoon IMO was too young to be married with kids. once her career took off something was going to suffer.
Ryan and reese just grew up.. they were no longer the youngins in love…now the harsh reality hit them…what happened to my youth? and why didn’t I wait before having kids?

Did not see this one coming. Thought it would be one of those Hollywood marriages that last, given that they are both low key and not celeb-obsessed types. But he had a reputation for being a ladies’ man before marriage to Kate Winslet. Maybe two Oscar winners in a marriage is just one OScar winner too much.

Year of the Break Ups! 2010!! @ 03/15/2010 at 4:44 pm

Next Stop: Barf Sluterilli and Leo DiCaprio! Yay!!!!!!! :)

Omg! I’m shocked, honestly. This makes me sad. They were great together. When ever she talked about him there was so much love. Oh gosh, I wish them well.

“reese witherspoon dropped her hubby after her win”
Wrong,
Ryan dumped Witherspoon for Abbie Cornish.

I’m sure Kate and Sam will be fine, they are both good people.

Go Ask Alice @ 03/15/2010 at 5:33 pm

I agree w/ Josie #5.

She was married once and then him and a child with each guy.

She is British. Lives there. Both men are British,and she lives a quiet life so that is why she will be under the radar .

Too bad for splitsville..

That sucks but I’m sure she’ll be fine!

I dislike her because she has a big mouth but it is always sad when couples split especialy the ones with small children.

leo and kate will never be together, i’am really sad for her

Another break up the tabloids missed, lol. They are too busy fabricating stories about Brad and Angie to realize what is going on with all the other couples who are actually having marital problems.

I really wanna see her dating Leo. They would make an incredible couple. It`s time for Leo to give up on models already!

Sad news! Kate is a very classy woman, she’ll probably handle this well in respect to media. She went on vacation in Mexico with her kids and family members/friends, which is a smart decision on her part because while the divorce news is unfolding, she’s away from everything. She does a good job of keeping her personal life out of the spotlight, keeping her kids out of the spotlight, its not strange that people including myself were shocked by this divorce! Nobody saw it coming because they keep quiet and are smart about it. They’ve been separated for months now and not a hint of speculation of divorce during those months! At the Golden Globes, BAFTAs, Oscars this year she kept her composure and held her head up high! It’s good that this was announced NOW, Kate and Sam were smart not to announce it right away because then at this year’s award ceremonies Kate would be the subject of discussion. I think she’s the type who just doesn’t want to be under so much spotlight…it shows through everything she does. Ahh I’m still shocked and sad about this but I’m not worried because Kate seems like such a lovely person, she’s always with her kids, I feel sorry for her kids. It’s always hardest on the kids in a situation of divorce but I think they will turn out fine. This situation was announced with class, no big fuss just a simple announcement and the fact that Kate is in Mexico makes it even better because she’s not putting herself in a situation of being approached by the media. Hopefully by the time she returns, the news will have cooled down! Plus she’s filming that Mildred Pierce project in April so she’ll be occupied with that. I’m just hoping for the best for the family!

she shall remain nameless @ 03/15/2010 at 7:45 pm

I can’t believe this, truly sad. I thought they would make it for the long haul.

Watch out Bar. You are in trouble. Keep a bag packed and near the door. Kate is the future Mrs.DiCaprio. It is only a matter of time. Those 2 are so into each other. It is on!

@POOCHIE: That is SO laughable. Leo is into the model types; he doesn’t go for anything beyond that. Kate is too classy and intelligent for Leo. They are JUST FRIENDS. Nothing more.

I find this news very sad for Kate; she seemed very committed to her marriage. But how refreshing to see a couple handle it with class and maintain their privacy as long as possible.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » Show All