Penelope Cruz's Role Revealed in 'Pirates of the Caribbean'

Penelope Cruz's Role Revealed in 'Pirates of the Caribbean'

Penelope Cruz will be playing the daughter of Johnny Depp‘s nemesis in the upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, the fourth installment of the franchise.

“She plays the daughter of Blackbeard,” executive producer Jerry Bruckheimer told MTV at ShoWest in Las Vegas. “She’s the daughter of the bad guy. She brings a lot of humor to it. And the fact that she’s so feisty. [There will be] a little romance between [Depp's] Captain Jack and the character that Penelope plays.”

ARE YOU EXCITED to see the on-screen romance between Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz — YAY or NAY?

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

NOW this is what you call chemistry between 2 GORGEOUS looking people. These 2 are HAWT!!! JD and Skeletor NOT!!!

Johnny and Penelope were ‘love interests’ in the movie Blow, and they did a great job in that, so I’m sure we won’t be disappointed by their relationship in the fourth Pirates. :)

I believe you mean to say ‘excited to see the on-screen romance, again.’ They were also paired in the movie ‘Blow.’

Heck No, POTC 2 and 3 were awful, Depp running around for 3 hrs acting like a complete buffoon, how his character became dumber in each movie is a complete mystery

oowwwn *-* so cute…i’m so excited (L)

Bloodysaint @ 03/20/2010 at 3:02 am

I like the thought of a new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. But with Penelope Cruz? Hmmm no, I’m not convinced.

queen bee @ 03/20/2010 at 3:31 am

Penelope Cruz accent annoys me. I’ve never seen any of her work, and don’t care to. I will be skipping that Pirates movie. She is pretty though despite the unibrow.

Can’t wait for THE TOURIST.

I’ve always wanted to see a little romance between Jack Sparrow and Will Turner, myself.

she’s a good actress and they was good together in Blow. I hoe Potc 4 is a good film…I hope…

Happy_Evil_Dude @ 03/20/2010 at 5:28 am

I’m guessing Rob Marshall was pleased about how she serviced him on the set of Nine

Katsaridoula @ 03/20/2010 at 5:29 am

it should have been Winona Ryder, not Cruz ;-) in such case Vanessa was going to leave the film set in Venice and off she went to the Carrebean :-DDDDDD

Katsaridoula @ 03/20/2010 at 5:45 am

@queen bee:
and you annoy me completely, not only your stupid comment about her accent… try and speak Spanish yourself, I bet one could p**** themselves with laughter at the sound of you speaking Spanish :-)))

Katsaridoula @ 03/20/2010 at 5:48 am

@queen bee:

Katsaridoula @ 03/20/2010 at 5:49 am

to “queen bee”: and you annoy me completely with your stupid comment. Try and speak Spanish and then let others hear your crappy accent. I bet one could p*** themselves with laughter at the sound of you, you moron.

LOVE JOHNNY AND PENE

Penelope is gorgeous and she and Johnny are some of the best actors out there

Everyone loved POTC2 and I really liked POTC3 – I can’t WAIT for POTC4…

nay!!!why penelope??
It’s not fair!!!

NO! she is not even a good actress- why would the ruin the films with her?!

YAY! These two look hot together – in contrast to Johnny with Angelina. There is no chemistry whatsoever.

NAY! I want Johnny, Keira and Orlando together again :(

HAHAHAHAHA #1, that was funny! Ha! Agreed. :p Hmm….. Well, this movie is not gonna be good. I mean, I hate it when sequels don’t include the same characters as before. Keira and Orlando leaving it means it’s over. It’s like The Mummy 3, despite the fact that it was a cool movie, it still wasn’t the same without Weisz. I hated it just for that and I am so sure it’s gonna be the same for the fourth Pirates! ….. Oh well, we’ll see. By the way, Johnny looks deliciously yummy in that picture =) I love his long hair!

Nay, never been a fan of Cruz…I wish Keira and Orlando were coming back…won’t be the same without them.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All