Chris Evans is Captain America -- CONFIRMED

Chris Evans is Captain America -- CONFIRMED

Chris Evans has accepted the lead role in Marvel’s much-anticipated superhero flick, The First Avenger: Captain America (alter ego: Steve Rogers).

According to THR, if the franchise does well, the 28-year-old actor will play the part in two sequels and star in the upcoming The Avengers movie, out in 2012.

Chris is no stranger to comic book fans — he played the Human Torch in the Fantastic Four films.

ARE YOU EXCITED for Chris Evans to play Captain America?? We are!!!

• Kourtney Kardashian celebrates the 35th birthday in a bikini- US Weekly
  • Johnny Depp's Transcendence is expected to earn less than $13 million this weekend- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Cher Lloyd talks about her new music video for “Sirens”- Just Jared Jr
  • Michelle Obama will be visiting Nashville - Entertainment Weekly
  • How did Jennifer Garner look in 1999? - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is attending this year's Cannes Film Festival- Lainey Gossip
  • Constance Nunes shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All

i thougth it would be jensen ackles =(
why do they chose someone who already has been a hero before???
its like christian bale for superman
someone new it would be so much better choise

IT DOESN’T MATTER IF HE’S HOTT!!
He was already The Human Torch!! Is he really the best Marvel can do? Really the best lead role?? He isn’t unknown, but he should be. Im sure there are plenty of better people that could play Captain America.
I mean
John Krasinski IS skinny yes, but so was Steve Rodgers before he became Captain America, it would have made some sense. And sure, he’s not the “hottest” person in the world, does that really matter??
Of all people, Chris Evans?? Sure this is very upsetting for the people that enjoy Captain America, I guess the best anyone can do is wait to see the movie…I personally don’t think he will be able to pull it off

@Gutted:

According to Deadline, Channing turned the part down. He didn’t loose it.

He is cute. I hope it works. I love CA.

iI LIKE IT, HE IS HOT, NOW HE ONLY NEED A LITTLE CHANGE IN HIS HAIR COLOR, A BIT MORE BLOND, BUT THE CHOICE IS PERFECT.

With enough special effects, they can work around his lack of acting skills and the fact that he looks nothing like Steve Rogers or Captain America. Hope the supporting cast evens things out.

i looooove hiim, and he is so hot.. great choiice

@mslewis: Marvel is paying $300,000. Not that it makes much of a difference, Chris Evans? I don’t think so.

Didn’t he date Jessica Biel at some point? I know, that’s random but I thought he did.

Marcio Santos @ 03/22/2010 at 11:09 pm

Aside from whether he fits for the role as Cap, he’s already Torch in Fantastic 4. With the logic that movie X-Men, F4, Spidey n Hulk are in one Marvel universe, this idea is stupid…Chris Evans as Johnny storm okay, even though the movies sucked but as Captain America he is not old enough. Iron Man (Robert Downey, Jr.) would look older than him plus hes does not look like a serious guy. If he does get the job i know i will see the film but i will think less of it even more if he is in the avengers movie

Marcio Santos @ 03/22/2010 at 11:09 pm

Great pick! He’s very under-featured. Awesome talent and perfect super hero looks!

Never thought of him portraying Cap. Good choice!

If Captain America has a brother Chris’s brother Scott should play the role.

Excellent choice.

Excellent choice

ramoncazenav @ 03/23/2010 at 12:32 am

Disaster.This will be more “Daredevil” than “Dark Knight”.The choice of director was the first hint this movie was going into the tank without one scene being filmed. It’s obvious that Robert Downey Jr. is going to be the anchor of the Avengers franchise and everyone else is simply going to be a sidekick.No problem there.

Chris Evans is hot! I’ll see it!

AreYouKiddingMe @ 03/23/2010 at 1:35 am

Not a good fit. Captain America is a strong man. I don’t get that from Evans at all. Someone like Matthew McConaughey would have been perfect.

pretty young girl @ 03/23/2010 at 1:50 am

Ok, but isn’t he the guy from Fantastic 4? whatever

HEY!!! Great! I am so happy for him. Because he is such a great actor but besides few great movies like push and perfect score He did some really bad ones (he was great in all)

too bad thought cause I was writing a script with him in mind as the male lead. now I don’t know if he will be availabe. Good for him though! cant wait to see him

The truth @ 03/23/2010 at 7:55 am

Wish that hayden christensen would have gotten it. He really needed to get out are those roles he’s playing. But what’s going to happen to the other movie he suppose to do this summer? Guess he going to have give it to someone else.Still love chris evens he is so hot and talented too. love them both. congrats anyway.

Butter_Fly @ 03/23/2010 at 8:40 am

I don’t see the big deal with this character. I always thought he was…I don’t know, corny? I mean he has an “A” on his forehead.

Chris Evans? He’s okay, but I don’t think he’s that too good of a choice. He looks like the typical person you see in the generic Hollywood superhero movies.

I might get thumbs down for this, but who cares. I think Mike Vogel would have been better for this role. But I did get a little excited when I heard that John Krasinski was in the running, because he didn’t look like the regular macho superhero. It would have a different kind of depth to the movie if they casted him.

Probably won’t watch this movie.

not enough @ 03/23/2010 at 9:32 am

Have no opinion either way, not the sort of movie that interests me

Looks to be an awesome choice!!!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All