Adam Lambert To Perform at GLAAD Awards

Adam Lambert To Perform at GLAAD Awards

Adam Lambert will perform at the 2010 GLAAD Media Awards in Los Angeles on Saturday (April 17).

Also, Constance McMillen, the Mississippi teenager whose high school cancelled the prom rather than allow Constance and her girlfriend to attend, will present the Stephen F. Kolzak Award to comedienne Wanda Sykes. Also in attendance will be director/designer Tom Ford, cast members from Glee, Drew Barrymore and Eric Dane.

GLAAD has advocated for out music artists, including myself, and I am proud to be part of the 21st Annual GLAAD Media Awards this year,” said Adam. “GLAAD’s work to share stories that grow acceptance and understanding about the gay and transgender community is so important in our culture today.”

Pictured here: Adam at Boy George‘s new single launch at London’s Merah Club on March 20.

adam lambert glaad awards performance 01
adam lambert glaad awards performance 02
adam lambert glaad awards performance 03
adam lambert glaad awards performance 04
adam lambert glaad awards performance 05

Kim Kardashian/Instagram

over exposed, you think?,

MrMarleyFAN @ 03/29/2010 at 2:47 pm

Oooooh! Didn’t see that one coming (snark)

MrMarleyFAN @ 03/29/2010 at 2:50 pm

Dayum! Chaz Bono looks like if you stuck a pin in there would be a hissing mess flying all about.

Somebody needs to tell Adam that being “openly gay” does not mean dressing like a clown. Actually, he looks more like a pimp.

@julie:

Um, no. When was the last time he performed in America? Not recently.

Can’t wait for yet another epic Out of this world performance and Outfit, Bring it on BB ;)

Adam always looks like P!NK, I donno if that’s a good thing…. Hummm
he’s pretty?

The photo of Adam Lambert and Boy George was taken while Adam Lambert was overseas on tour. In fact, Boy George invited Adam to his party at London’s Merah Club. It was a party, people dress up, celebrate. I guess Boy George just made a million dollar deal with VH1 for some show. Ca Ching! I can’t wait to see Adam Lambert do a concert in the states and I can’t wait to hear his next single.

I personally love Adam’s style. He looks gorgeous with Boy George. Glad to hear that he will be performing at the Glaad Awards. That’s great.

gramma karen @ 03/29/2010 at 3:13 pm

Yes, He sure is pretty, pretty magnificent, outragous vacals and as long as he has us old chicks lovin him, he will be #1 before long!!
You go Adam!!!! 2010 is your Year!!! Bring it on Baby !!!!

Love this guy!! Can’t wait to see him perform.

@julie:
Over exposed is a major understatement!

I like him and I don’t care that he’s gay.

Harley Quinn @ 03/29/2010 at 3:29 pm

i find him very repulsive.

@sillyme:

I agree… a freaky clown!

Adam is the perfect choice to perform at the GLAAD Awards. I’ve had my tkts for a couple of months and am soooo excited to hear him perform.

iWoman: Adam and his band RECENTLY performed at Fantasy Springs Resort, Indio, CA on February 28th to rave reviews. Adam and the band were absolutely fabulous…sold out crowd of ALL ages rocking out to his beautiful voice. Adam is the best! He is finishing up a month long promo tour overseas where he and his album have been hugely popular. Adam IS a superstar!

repulsive!!! such strong negative reaction to some one you aparantly know nothing about .., maybe the sign of some deep seated physical problems,,,,I suggest you check on that…Adam is living his dream. and to that i say amen!!! nuff said….

Omaha Reader @ 03/29/2010 at 3:50 pm

Love Adam Lambert!

Just last month, you idiot!!!

I was trying to reply to iWoman.

@Julie, if you think he is overexposed why do you google his name all of the time, you troll.

Harley Quinn @ 03/29/2010 at 4:31 pm

@nougart: whatever

Love the way Adam looks in this picture :) He’s so talented in so many ways. Not only he’s a great singer, with an amazing voice, he is a great performer and has a great sense of fashion. I wonder if this award show is going to be broadcasted on TV. Can’t wait to see it.

I feel so sorry for the jealous haters who come here and make negative comments. Get a life people!!

Harley Quinn @ 03/29/2010 at 5:20 pm

@Lili: are you saying that people who make negative comments are haters and they are jealous of him. let me think… i am a girl i don’t like him so i’m a hater and i’m jealous of him. very clever of you.

@sillyme: You’re a foool, this was at Boy George’s party, he dressed in up in total glam homage and managed to look authentic, some people came dressed as George looking ridic lmao.

He is so NICE and FUNNY, talent ASIDE. why don’t people actually WATCH an interview with the guy instead of judging from PHOTOS?

Met him today in Germany, he is SUCH a sweetheart. His persona, is just that. A persona. He was an absolute doll with everyone, so friendly and patient and laid back yet spirited, and very funny. Glad he has so many legends as fans and friends when there is so much discrimination in America, you can only be a certain way to be acceptable, THAT is repulsive and offensive.

That was very awesome of him to clear his schedule to do this, since he was adamant on not wanting to be boxed. Kudos Lambo.

JJ, he is HEADLINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDDDD

CONGRATS on being the headline act!

@gramma karen:why do you oldies always bring up your age? we don’t bring up ours, pfft.

Notice how the haters are always the first ones? You’re almost as obsessed with him as the fans lol

Imogen, 23 @ 03/29/2010 at 5:49 pm

He is headliing?! Whaaaaaaaaaaat. That is amazing! I never thought he’d agree to do something like GLAAD. I am so PROUD of him especially after the continuous AMAs bashing he had to face just for not being A-SEXUAL thus not acceptable. He is incredible.

“Confidence involves knowledge: knowledge of your subject, knowing you have the skills to succeed and knowing that all will go well.

Confidence both results from and instills a feeling of safety, allowing you to act without fear.

Courage, on the other hand, comes into play when you feel anything but safe. It is a leap into the unknown or, worse, a leap towards known risks, dangers and pitfalls, eliciting fear or at least apprehension, and yet you leap anyway when you could choose otherwise.”

TWEEEEEEEETS. @ 03/29/2010 at 6:22 pm

RT @theboygeorge Adam lambert is lovely, we met tonite. He’s a beauty! And very normal in the best possible sense. Merha Club was shi.te. Adam was the highlight!

RT @TheMissPollyRae @adamlambert is gorge what a sweet guy @theboygeorge single launch party

RT @TheLadyLloyd Took @adamlambert to meet @theboygeorge tonight at his launch! Adam looked so stunning what a beautiful boy!

RT @stephenfry: @adamlambert Having dinner with Bryan Singer – trying to persuade him to be on Twitter. He says he knows and loves you. As do we all, x

RT: Brooksyonair Just interviewed @adamlambert! HOW NICE IS HE!

RT: lauratkinson Adam Lambert is coming into our office soon, like in ‘the old days’ when popstars bothered to come and meet people.

RT: lauratkinson So basically adam lambert is hot, super funny and lovely. You’re in for a treat, @deanpiper

RT: deanpiper Just had such a laugh with @adamlambert Such a nice guy. Had a fun goss – done a little video too…will post later hopefully.

RT: Pip_EntFocus Spent an evening with @adamlambert Lovely guy

RT: jenofcroths Adam Lambert is very handsome. And he set the door alarm off. (LOL!)

RT: KarenNEdwards Just had a little chat with Adam Lambert about JEdward easter eggs. He’s an actual sweetheart!

RT: DelaneyMan Adam Lambert in the heat office. He is make-uppy and Americanny but most of all sexy. The whole staff have gone dead giddy.

RT: DJSliick Cant Lie Im an Adam Lambert Fan

RT: sovisual my impression of @adamlambert was wot a crazily, gramorously, jawdroppingly, accommodatingly, shiningly, smiley human being he is! (yep, this dude is straight)

RT: sovisual finished the adam lambert interview. by far the best time I’ve had in a long time. he stayed with us for a while after the interview and just hungout its was amazing!

RT: SHF*** Adam Lambert is hilarious, and too sweet for words.

RT: sovisual I may just have a TINY crush on Lambert….

RT: Melinda84* Adam Lambert is so funny, one of the most fun I’ve had interviewing a celebrity, thus far, hands down.

RT: Mike Ruiz Adam Lambert and I (photo), one of the coolest people I’ve worked with in a long time, hysterical sense of humor!

RT: CPAndrew Adam Lambert has so much positive energy and executive realness, what an amazing character and life outlook, mad talent aside.

RT: PhillipeBlond Adam is MAGIC!!!!! You have to meet him in person.

Man, I was waiting for these pictures. What the f**k took you so long? I like this guy (Adam, not Boy whoever he is). Are those GLAAD awards televised usually? I would love to see him performing back on our soil.

Adam is a hero!! Honestly the dude can sing his face off and has balls of steel.

These pictures have ZERO to do with the GLAAD awards. Adam is headlining this event. That was a Boy George party in London.

HE IS HEADLINING JUST JARED

Just Jared. Do you not think it would have made a little more sense to make a post about all the acts performing and people hosting – and all those nominated, then to make a post about just Lambert – fuelling the “overexposed!!!” troll comments, accompanied with random old photos? Huh.

Wtv. Congrats to him for being chosen to headline, he has guts and crazy talent. Visibility is so important and the rest of the world (mainly my own awesome backwards country the US) need to realize there is not only one type of gay just like there is not one type of straight – same goes for every lesbian and trans-gendered human being. Every human is different, and it’s always interesting reading comments and later finding out the main issue the poster has roots to sex.

marlock276 @ 03/29/2010 at 9:14 pm

So happy for Adam. . . he’s such a beautiful soul, inside and out, and he’s brought such joy to so many people all over the world. He’s unbelievably talented. . . a true superstar, as well as a kind, genuine, loving man.

He is a very talented guy with a big personality! He is very good looking and many girls like him, and I really wish he would dress more manly for the girls.

I read that Adam even took off some other show to performe and support this award. He’s a real brave man. He helps me understand that it doesn’t matter if you’re gay or not – as a gay, he’s even better as a person.

You go Adam!!!!!!

Great that he’ll perform. To be honest I wouldn’t recognize Boy George. He’s changed so much and I haven’t seen him for a while.

I love Adam, he’s got a great style. I’m so happy he’s gonna play. I love him with Boy George, they look interesting together.