Gabourey Sidibe: SNL's Newest Host!!!

Gabourey Sidibe: SNL's Newest Host!!!

Precious star Gabourey Sidibe just signed on the dotted line to host her very own episode of Saturday Night Live!!!

E!‘s Marc Malkin first reported the news about the 26-year-old actress from Brooklyn. Gabby will host April 24 while Jennifer Lopez hosts this Saturday, followed by Tina Fey, Ryan Phillippe and Betty White (along with other comedienne).

Earlier this month, Gabby scored herself a recurring role in The Big C, a dark comedy series on Showtime.

Congrats, Gabby!!!

Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

Is it me but I find she is getting annoying in interviews. Over it.

She’s done one movie. She doesn’t deserve to host SNL already.

SNL is so over!

brightside @ 03/31/2010 at 4:38 pm

I’m glad she getting work but…..the arms…gosh, I didn’t realise the size of them!

God she’s fat. So unhealthy. Nevermind what she looks like, she’s just disgustingly obese.

She should REALLY start wearing clothes that cover her arms.

Gosh she’s so big

how can Jennifer Lopez be hosting this saturday ? she already did a month ago.

jazzmanchgo @ 03/31/2010 at 5:26 pm

Good for Gabby! I admire her deeply, I think she’s truly gifted, and I wish her all the best.

That being said, though — yes, her interviews have gotten annoying. That “giggly girly-girl” routine of hers is beyond cloying, and her public displays of her various “celebrity crushes” have become downright embarrassing. She needs to project an image of greater maturity and sophistication if she’s going to be a “role model” for girls or young women, regardless of their size.

Nonetheless — she’s learning as she goes, and it’s no doubt a lot to learn for someone so inexperienced in the public eye. I hope she succeeds and thrives, both in acting and in life.

This is all a sympathy thing.
The fad will end quickly and she won’t be able to buy a job.
Unfortunate for her.

white chocolate @ 03/31/2010 at 5:27 pm

damn she’s fat and ugly

Way to go, Gabby! I’ll be watching SNL when you host. Keep smilin’ girl! Proud of you.

SNL after one movie? okay, but why the heck is she so fat? is she ill or just eats too much? I like her, but anytime I see her I can’t believe my eyes – lose some weight baby!!

Well done Gabby……….. Howerd Stern make a comment……….. I dare you………

jazzmanchgo @ 03/31/2010 at 5:30 pm

p.s. By the way — it astounds me how no one has recognized the downright sexist nature of most of these comments about Gabby’s alleged health risks. How much does Cedric the Entertainer weigh? How much did Biggie Smalls weigh? Jamie Fozz’s snarkly little comment about “The Notorious Precious” illustrates perfectly the gender-based double standard in all this. Biggie used his obesity as a personal trademark; he even traded in on it for his name. And we all got the joke and went along with it, without thinking. But then, he was a man — he could do that.

(I also don’t remember anyone making any similar comments about Orson Welles or Jackie Gleason, both of whom lived into their 70s and had long, varied, and successful acting careers.)

jazzmanchgo @ 03/31/2010 at 5:31 pm

Uh — that’s “Jamie Foxx,” not “Fozz,” of course. (!!!!)

She’s going to play the role of the whale in the new “Moby ****” film.

Dog Lover @ 03/31/2010 at 5:36 pm

@jazzmanchgo:
u must be a fatty

This gal can host, but someone like Kristen Bell can’t? Ok then.

Allie Baby @ 03/31/2010 at 5:40 pm

@Dog Lover: I don’t know why, but that was funny as hell. Maybe because I’m hearing the voice of Stewie saying “fatty.” Yes, that most certainly is it.

jazzmanchgo @ 03/31/2010 at 5:54 pm

Nope — I’m 5’10″ and I weigh about 180.

I just think that there are a lot of other “issues” (i.e., biases) behind a lot of this Gabby-bashing. I stand behind everything I wrote above (including my criticisms in my first post).

@jazzmanchgo:

Kuddos for the mature comment. God knows not everyone here can be honest without being hurtful.

@jazzmanchgo:
You need to get some. People are criticized every single day for how they look, what they wear, their sexual orientation, color of their skin, so on and so forth. She is in the public eye and people will express their opinion, and you need to chill. STOP clogging up the post with your self-indulgent nonsense. She is unhealthy looking, period! No amount of your bull-sh*t will change that fact!

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All