Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes Reunite for School Run

Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes Reunite for School Run

Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes, who announced their separation last month, put on a united front to take their kids — Joe, 6, and Mia 9 — to school in New York City on Tuesday (April 6).

Neither Sam nor Kate wore their wedding rings but they looked like one big happy family again!

Kate and Sam were married for nearly seven years before calling it quits.

FYI: Kate is wearing a SuperDry tee!

kate winslet sam mendes joe mia school 01
kate winslet sam mendes joe mia school 02
kate winslet sam mendes joe mia school 03
kate winslet sam mendes joe mia school 04
kate winslet sam mendes joe mia school 05
kate winslet sam mendes joe mia school 06
kate winslet sam mendes joe mia school 07
kate winslet sam mendes joe mia school 08

ABC

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

I am happy for thekids that the parents all seem really happy witheach other…adult selfless parents!!! good for the family and I wish them the very very best especially for thosekids!

Good for the kids!

she WANTS Dicaprio..

sad for the kids…divorced parents sucks

but at least they are getting along

I love her. I don’t think anything bad happened between them, I think they just lost the spark in their marriage so why stay married to someone you don’t love as a partner? Kate totally handled this separation with grace. She looks truly happy in these pics, probably because she and Sam are on good terms and are able to spend time with one another for their children, without their differences getting in the way. I think they are doing the best they can in keeping everything as easy as possible for the kids. Very nice to see, and refreshing as well!

I knew they would keep it classy, this is not Madonna and Guy dissing each other through press kind of divorce. Besides they were separated for almost a year before they made it public, giving enough time to the kids to adjust, and to them, of course.

Winslet is a class act, and i have so much respect for both of them, its admirable how they handeled the divorce.

She-whom-shall-not-be-named @ 04/06/2010 at 11:56 am

I hope she wasn’t the neurotic wife like she played in Revolutionary road. United front is one of the symptoms…

@Nic: Right on!

“United front is one of the symptoms?”

Of what, being an adult and a good parent. No matter why you divorce it is important to cooperate to raise your kids. It’s giant children like the Goslins and Madonna who trash each other, because they really punish the kids.

It’s good they are getting along so that they can still be there for their kids.

The kids are cute. It’s funny that the little boy is more than willing to smile & wave to the paps, but the little girl is having no part of it. I notice she keeps her head down when the paps are there. They must have 2 different personalities. She’s the responsible older sister and he’s the rambunctious lil’ bro. Very cute kids!!

They seem alright, good for them!

I love her,she’s great actress and mother..

This is what good, responsible parents do. They set aside their differences to be there for their kids and try to give them a normal, happy home. Kate and Sam are classy people who respect each other. Best wishes to them!

Why does Kate look older than her age? She’s only 34 but she looks like she’s in her 40s. Just look at 36 year old Molly Simms who’s even older than Kate yet looks much younger. I guess this is what having kids does to a woman. Sighs. Can’t wait.

Mike, father of 2 @ 04/06/2010 at 3:59 pm

@A: “She’s the responsible older sister and he’s the rambunctious lil’ bro. Very cute kids!!” Ummmm or maybe she doesn’t like the paps? She’s only a 9 year old little girl, I’m sure she’s “rambunctious” when there aren’t strange men with flashing cameras following her family around.

Mike, father of 2 @ 04/06/2010 at 4:00 pm

@A: “She’s the responsible older sister and he’s the rambunctious lil’ bro.!!” Ummmm or maybe she doesn’t like the paps? She’s only a 9 year old little girl, I’m sure she’s “rambunctious” when there aren’t strange men with flashing cameras following her family around.

@Sarah G.: Having kids does significantly age a woman. Sad but true. But in this day and age it’s normal for a woman to never kids. It’s not considered abnormal anymore so don’t feel pressured. You’ll probably be happier in the long run.

I loved Titanic @ 04/06/2010 at 4:06 pm

It’s a personal choice whether or not to have kids, but once you start letting society make important life choices for you then you’re in big trouble. Do your own thing. I’m a woman and I love kids but I don’t plan on having any of my own. Just don’t want to be a mom myself.

Kate’s kiddies are so precious! And I agree if you truly don’t want kids then don’t let anyone change your mind b/c you’ll end up unhappy. I don’t know if I want or not (but I’m only 17).

@Mike, father of 2: I agree. She probably doesn’t like the paps. Many celeb kids don’t. It’s stupid to insinuate that the older sis has to be the boring responsible one – what is this the 1800s?

Keep it Real @ 04/06/2010 at 5:48 pm

See I LOVE KATE. As an actress she is excellent but she (unlike alot of the world) at least TRIES to keep her life from being a circus. It’s been over 3 weeks since the announcement and I bet the British tabloids are pissed off she is not offering them anything juicy. Sometimes amicable means just that AMICABLE. Good for HER FAMILY.

lexy hates bilson @ 04/06/2010 at 6:04 pm

I love her too and I think it’s disgusting that JJ is supporting the paps who stand outside her house and nag her and her kids!! It’s disgusting!!

Feel sad for all of you who don’t want to have kids. I know it’s not for everyone, but I can’t think imagine growing old without a family around me. Trust me…..growing older, without the beauty of children and grandchildren to love and cherish, is a life not worth living to me. I’m a nurse, and seeing older patients without children is just sad. Family is what life is all about.

This is what reasonable adults do, they put their kids first. Good for them.

That is mighty mature of them. Their kids are adorable.

Leo and Kate are happening people! That’s why Leo’s bodyguard is with Kate. Leo can become insta-dad – kids are already made – no pee or poooop to deal with so Leo can keep smoking cigars, going to Lakers games, and make sweet love to Kate. It is perfect!

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All