Gwyneth Paltrow: No Advertisers for Goop Newsletter!

Gwyneth Paltrow: No Advertisers for Goop Newsletter!

Gwyneth Paltrow heads out for a jog around her neighborhood on Saturday morning (April 10) in New York City.

The 37-year-old actress recently covered the May 2010 cover of Harper’s Bazaar. She explains to the mag why she likes to run her Goop newsletter.

“The hotel concierge is not telling me where to get a facial, Christy Turlington is. Doesn’t everyone want to know that? I would want to know if you went to Mario Batali‘s house what he made you for dinner and could I have the recipe. So why not?” Gwyn asks earnestly.

“There was a brouhaha in the beginning there, which I thought was very interesting, because people don’t like you to step outside of your box,” she says. “Also, journalists are terrified of celebrities having a journalistic voice. You can spend your life worrying about it or you can just do what you’re doing. Especially if you’re doing something just to be nice, just to share and have fun.”

Gwyn adds, “I don’t have advertisers or anything, and I would never want to.”

gwyneth paltrow defends goop newsletter 01
gwyneth paltrow defends goop newsletter 02
gwyneth paltrow defends goop newsletter 03
gwyneth paltrow defends goop newsletter 04
gwyneth paltrow defends goop newsletter 05

• Nicolas Cage cares about what people think of him- US Weekly
  • Young Jeezy drank from a $20,000 bottle of Moet- TMZ
  • Watch James David Carter get a four chair turn on The Voice- Gossip Cop
  • Read a recap of the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Director George Sluizer has died at the age of 82- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Claudia Galanti shows off major cleavage in Milan- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

She looks weird…

Now I see why she was dumped by Brad.

Sorry, she does not have a very attractive face. Nice body, yes, but the face is not cute.

Speaking of advertisers, maybe we should contact JJ’s. The constant recycling of the same celebs on here is boring.

two dollars @ 04/10/2010 at 2:38 pm

Paltrow is a butterface. Good legs, below average face.

typical bland generic overrated blonde.
hollywood just loves pumping these ones out – hey white privilege won’t die if you change it up a bit, h-wood! don’t be afraid to show a beautiful brunette every once in a while or even a minority! people don’t buy the SJP and aniston crap you love to brainwash people with, it’s not working! we see through you.

The Iron Man promotional tour hasn’t started yet so I’m not understanding why there’s so much Gwyneth on this site while more talented stars get hardly any coverage.

I love the pictures on this blog but your bias towards certain celebrities is getting way too obvious. It makes me think this blog gets paid to post about certain actors and actresses.

franknbeans @ 04/10/2010 at 2:45 pm

She isn’t really pretty. She’s just a tall clothes hanger that wears designer gowns well.

beautiful couple @ 04/10/2010 at 2:48 pm

@scarlett: Agree, it’s making this site very dull. There’s got to be celebrities other than Paltrow, Bosworth, Rihanna, and Holmes out doing things. Diversity is good. Try it!

Actually Gwen is caring but she just decides to focus her good nature to folks who can afford facials where Turlington gets them from! Now we all see why for some reason his relationships although seemingly perfect from outside, never seemed to mesh with Angelina he really has the total package and then some. Angie could care less what restuarants make the best sushi! her message is always about children, refugees, helping those who really need it. All three are hollywood actresses but one is so not hollywood at all.

Wow – jealousy is alive & kicking! Why all the disparaging remarks about G? She’s just an ordinary person who is lucky enough to have an extraordinary life in the public eye. She’s no worse than most of us, I reckon. If she wants to blog and share recipes, good on her. Stay the course girl & stay positive, all!

@cruz: Gwyneth is more shallow in her pursuits. I’m not a huge Angelina fan but she seems be the real deal when it comes to her causes and charities. Gwyneth seems in it for the notoriety and the freebies she gets from designers.

@June: There’s nothing extraordinary about her. She is a competent but exceptional actress and rather average looking. I think people wouldn’t pay her any attention if she wasn’t so snarky in her interviews. But I suppose that’s how she manages to stay in the press.

i heart that @ 04/10/2010 at 3:11 pm

I’m not jealous of her. I just find her dull and rather plain. I think her agent pays this site to cover her. She’s not very popular.

I am also quite put-off by how negative people can be to someone they don’t even know. It looks to me like she is trying to live a good life. Do good work. Be a good mother and wife and person in the world. I don’t think she ever claimed to be the most beautiful woman. People need to look at why she triggers so much negativity in them. I admire her desire to stay connected, alive, relevant, and generous. And I LOVE her GOOP newsletters, videos on cooking, book recommendations. I’d love to know exactly how Christy Turligton lives her life too, and how she maintains her gorgeous skin.

this woman is stunning and is a true inspiration

Jingle Bells @ 04/10/2010 at 3:24 pm

@Ali: Just read her interviews. She’s often trude and makes negative stereotypes. It’s pretty easy to understand why she inspires such a negative reaction. She should try truly nourishing her inner aspect instead of passing off surface interests as deep material. She seems like an unhappy person.

What an ugly woman.

Farmer Ted @ 04/10/2010 at 3:26 pm

She does have excellent legs. Too bad about the horse face.

@I heart that-I agree with you. I believe her pr team pay this and other sites to cover her. Nobody care that much about her. So they are+ trying to fake up attention and they start real early. Her pr people are the same as Jennifer Aniston. Expect Paltrow to be shove down your throat while they promote this movie.

Comic Con @ 04/10/2010 at 3:27 pm

Paltrow’s been working out like mad. I guess she must be feeling the pressure of having to walk the red carpet opposite a hottie like Scarlett.

Can’t wait for Iron Man 2!

Y.U.CK….TOO MUCH GP. CAN’T BELIEVE THE GORGEOUS BLYTHE DANNER IS HER MOTHER.

‘a journalistic voice’? you gotta be kiddin.
so recommending cocktail bars counts as a journalistic voice these days.
oh my. this chick is beyond pathetic.

SHE LOOKS LIKE A MAN. DEFINITELY FAVORS THE DAD.

when gwyn was younger she reminded me of grace kelly. now she looks masculine and like a poor man’s jan brady. weird.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All