Glee Rocks Madonna -- TV Guide Cover!
The cast of Glee pays tribute to living legend Madonna on the latest flip-out cover of TV Guide Magazine, on stands April 15. Glee get into the groove for their Madonna-themed episode, airing April 20 on FOX. Here are some tidbits from the interview:
– On her early memories of Madonna, Lea Michele remembers attending Madonna‘s Drowned World Tour three times and styling her hair like Miss Ciccone when attending Bat Mitzvahs.
– Matthew Morrison recalls: “I wasn’t a big fan of Madonna; never got into it. As a heterosexual guy, she didn’t have much impact on my life.”
– Chris Colfer: “I was not allowed to listen to Madonna when I was younger.” “My mother and grandmother had all the CDs but didn’t want me to hear about sex.”
– Mark Salling grew up in a strict Christian home in the South: “Madonna was considered the she-devil.”
– Jane Lynch (pictured here in a cone bra) recalls “sitting at a bar all drunk on Long Island ice teas watching her ‘Material Girl’ video and thinking, ‘How Ballsy.’ ”
Click inside for some spoilers about the Madonna ep…
10+ pictures inside of Glee‘s homage to Madonna in TV Guide…
SPOILERS FOR GLEE’S MADONNA EPISODE
– Sue Sylvester channels Madonna in the “Vogue” segment. Mercedes and Kurt are also featured.
– Mercedes and Kurt join the Cheerios cheerleaders and perform “4 Minutes”
– In the “Like a Virgin,” three couples attempt to lose their virginity. Only one succeeds!