Adam Lambert on American Idol: Whataya Want from Me?!

Adam Lambert on American Idol: Whataya Want from Me?!

Adam Lambert shines in a studded blazer on American Idol on Wednesday (April 14) in Los Angeles.

The 28-year-old Idol vet performed his current single “Whataya Want from Me” from his album, For Your Entertainment. The glam rocker put on quite a show with lots of awesome laser effects. Check it out below —

The day before, Adam gave advice to this year’s Idol contestants as the musical mentor for the Elvis-themed week.

Adam Lambert on American Idol: Whataya Want from Me?!

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

O MY GOSH! Adam Lambert is phenomenon! PERFECT PERFORMANCE! I simply have no words to express my admiration..

Love Him So Much <3 No one can Rock that stage or any stage like him, he is the real deal period.

He was kickass, and the lasers were awesome! And family friendly, so there!

He gave good advice too – too bad not all the contestants took the advice.

Why what how? @ 04/15/2010 at 12:54 pm

What is the appeal of this guy?
I just do not understand it?
Pitchy voice, crappy song.
It’s like 8 year olds are running the music industry now.

Rocker_Girl @ 04/15/2010 at 12:59 pm

Adam did a professional and brilliant performance. And so cute, he brought his own laser show:-) His vocals were spot on, loved the opening and way he changed it up… He just announced today on the radio that his tour this summer will be called “The Glam Nation Tour”. Can’t wait to see him live again in concert!

MusicLover @ 04/15/2010 at 1:02 pm

@Why what how?:

Obviously you are deaf and blind, so I will forgive you.
Adam Lambert is the best thing to hit the entertainment world in my lifetime. So fresh, talented, never and I repeat never pitchy. Acoustic version of this song is to die for. Obviously it will go platinum, so many people love this song and Adam.

According to an EW reporter who was sitting in the audience as amazing as the performance was on TV it was even better live!! He said the lasers were 3D – which doesn’t show on your TV. He said the sound was amazing too! Wish I was there!! He said the audience went nuts. That it was deafining in there!

I just watched him on American Idol and he was great! He really is unique and something different.

The best performance of WWFM evah! Can’t wait to see him this summer… again! Best performer, entertainer since Freddie Mercury? Michael Jackson? Time will tell, but at the moment, no living singer can hold candle to him. I bow down to you, Master Adam!

Castorella @ 04/15/2010 at 1:13 pm

Well, obviously, not everyone’s going to like it and that is fine. For those of us who don’t listen to the Biebers, Ke$has, Susan Boyles, JoBros, Nicklebacks, Underwoods, the whole R&B and hip-hop section of the music industry, there’s Adam Lambert. Isn’t it great to have so many options in music? :)

To me personally, that was a very Lambertesque performance. Hair-rising vocals, stunning visuals, exhilarating showmanship, very interesting arrangement, adrenaline-charged energy. Its a litte rough gravely at times but holy crap. A-

How can you NOT like Adam Lambert!!! He has great vocals….Is a Great Entertainer and so down to earth!!

absolutely phenomenal! Adam is a musical genius that always continues to amaze and impress! i was completely floored after his performance and i’m still trying to come to terms with what my eyes witnessed and my brain is still processing!!!

marie jane @ 04/15/2010 at 1:29 pm

Adam Lambert’s performance on Idol last was one of the best live performance I’ve seen in a long while. The voice was perfection and the visual effects were amazing. Definitely going to his Glamnation Concerts!

Last night, Adam Lambert showed the idol contestants and everyone HOW IT IS DONE. Like Ryan said, that was a performance. No matter how many times Adam performs a song, he changes it to make it interesting and new. And the lasers, and the fog, and the swirling vortex… you would have to be dead not to get excited about that visual explosion of awesomeness. I cannot wait for his Glam Nation tour!!!!

JustSayin @ 04/15/2010 at 1:35 pm

I have always heard that being in the audience to hear an Idol’s performance live is way better than the TV version. That said, anyone who thought Adam was pitchy must be listening to too much electronic sound effects on the radio cuz the man can sing like nobody’s business and last night he absolutely rocked. This guy might be too much for some, but many can’t get enough of his fierce energy. Absolutely amazing!

I can understand that some people may not like how Adam Lambert looks (we all have our preferences), and I can understand that some people may not like how Adam Lambert sings (we all have our musical tastes), but I do not understand how someone can listen to Adam Lambert speak and think he is anything other than kind, humble, fun, intelligent, and confident. Seems like a genuinely good person to me, so I am constantly appalled by the level of hatred some people have toward another human being.

I want him to stop singing that annoying song.

Christiana @ 04/15/2010 at 2:11 pm

@Rebecca:

BRAVO! I share your sentiments. I guess it is easier to hate than to love. Such a waste of energy though, which by the way haters, is filled with negative repercussions when life comes full circle, and bites a person on the butt with the same measure of hatefulness. Such a pity people have nothing better to do with their time.

Middle-aged and older women in the audience went crazy for Adam.

Adam’s performance on Idol last night was unf—ing believable! There is NO ONE in the music industry who can match his vocal range, charisma, and creative genius. He is so exciting to watch, and never sings a song the same way. Just another magical peformance proving that he should’ve won AI last season. And he has got to be the most gorgeous man on this planet! I can’t wait for his upcoming summer tour!

I like Adam and was looking forward to hearing him sing. I did not care for the laser show – you could hardly see him and that’s part of his appeal. Also, I felt he screamed this version just a bit much. I think if people were seeing him perform for the first time, they might care to see him again.

@Why what how?: my guess is that you have a problem of hearing, ?

missed it @ 04/15/2010 at 2:29 pm

Did he shove his crotch in any one’s face again?

@Linda: Thanks for this little tidbit – interesting to know!

@mickey: his new single is coming very soon :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All