Dakota Fanning: NYU Bound?

Dakota Fanning: NYU Bound?

Dakota Fanning smiles for photographers as she arrives at LAX airport on Thursday (April 29).

The 16-year-old actress had been in New York City – and Nylon magazine spotted Dakota getting a tour of NYU’s independent study school, Gallatin!

Other famous Gallatin alumni include model turned activist Christy Turlington and Anne Hathaway. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen attended the school beginning in 2004 but chose to leave to pursue their careers in fashion.

dakota fanning lax airport 01
dakota fanning lax airport 02
dakota fanning lax airport 03
dakota fanning lax airport 04
dakota fanning lax airport 05
dakota fanning lax airport 06
dakota fanning lax airport 07

ABC

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
I n F a m o u s l y C o o l.. @ 04/30/2010 at 5:37 pm

congrats to anyone who can buy their way into school.. or be famous enough not to get turned away.

I wanted to go to NYU but couldn’t afford to pay the $40,000 tuition. Oh well, it’s good that she has the money to attend.

I think she’s really beautiful :)

she seems like a very intelligent girl.

She seems like a Natalie Portman/Emma Watson type, so I can see her going to college. But isn’t she only 16?

Allie Baby @ 04/30/2010 at 6:44 pm

@Celia: Yeah, but that girl from Nickelodeon who is also 16 just got accepted, so maybe she’s graduating early like she did.

why do all celebrities wan to go to NYU…i mean congrats to her, but i’m just asking

whenever a child star is asked where they want to go, most say NYU (exception of course is Emma Watson)

At least she didn’t kill anyone in his sleept

I n F a m o u s l y C o o l.. @ 04/30/2010 at 9:50 pm

@marie: because it’s a great school, dead smack in the middle of NYC!!! fcuking duh!

offtheproperty @ 04/30/2010 at 10:04 pm

Q: What could be cooler than to be Dakota Fanning attending NYU? Choose one:
A) nothing
B) nothing
C) nothing

Emma Watson, Natalie Portman, now Dakota. Girls getting accepted into prestigious schools for their fame and money. Oh, what a world we live in.

@marie:

Natalie Portman went to Harvard.

Keep It Real @ 05/01/2010 at 3:05 am

*** @ infamously cool- there is NOTHING prestigious about the Gallatin school at NYU. Or for that matter NYU period. I am butt stinking poor and I got into NYU Stein business school way back. And there is no way in hell I would have gotten into Harvard, Yale or Brown. It’s just cool because of its location.

Keep It Real @ 05/01/2010 at 3:06 am

Oops meant STERN business school. Darn typing

Anyone wondering why she could be looking into NYU, she may be interested in the theatre there. Or just the independent study. Who really knows her reasons after all?
Anyone wondering why she is looking at colleges so young, she’s a junior in high school. Next year she has to apply to the places she wants to go. And the school year is almost over.
Anyone with something to say about her fame and money having stock in it, get over it. She earned her own money, and her recognition. She worked to get where she is, and she could be an awful brat, but she’s not. She still works hard, and if she’s looking, it shows she’s committed to being more than just her fame. And I highly doubt it would be reasonable to turn down a school that you want to attend simply because they want you or your fame or money. If you commit a crime worthy of 5 years imprisonment, and the judge orders you only 2, are you going to say “I’m sorry, but I really think I deserve more time for this.”? No.

One may also take into account that Natalie Portman, Emma Watson, and Dakota Fanning all made straight A’s through school even though they had full time jobs. ;) The three of them are highly intelligent and I believe if they didn’t have the money and couldn’t afford the cost of university they would’ve earned scholorships. Just saying.

Keep It Real @ 05/01/2010 at 2:02 pm

@Tab- You are very correct for the 3 examples you used. These three young ladies were always known for being very smart so it really shouldn’t shock anyone when they went to University. I personally can’t stand Natalie Portman but will never deny she is very book smart. I was not shocked at all when she got into Harvard.

@Tab:

Agreed. Regardless of how much money they have, if they don’t have the grades then they won’t get accepted. Emma Watson had the highest score on her A-levels in the entire country (according to David Heyman), so I think she could’ve gone to any school on scholarship.

such a smart, classy and beautiful actress. she will go a long way in hollywood because of her great attitude. :)

She is smart and can afford NYU. Nothing wrong with that.

This website is the very best website.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All