Dev Patel: One Day I Want to Be Known As Dev Patel

Dev Patel: One Day I Want to Be Known As Dev Patel

Dev Patel stares into the camera in this shot for W magazine!

Here’s what the 20-year-old Last Airbender star had to share:

On shooting bigger-budget Airbender: “It was overwhelming. Everything was bigger in America. I had my own trailer, which was like, wow.”

On getting a quick crash-course in Hollywood after Slumdog Millionaire: “I grew up five years in the space of five months. I thought that I was a big comedian in school, but here I was working with adults and they took me seriously. That gave me a confidence I never knew I had.”

On hoping to go beyond his Slumdog role: “I always worry, every day, whether there is going to be something else like that. When I go out on the streets, people are like, ‘Hey, Jamal’ [the name of Slumdog’s hero], or ‘Hey, Slumdog.’ I get that. But one day I want to be known as Dev Patel.”

For more from Dev, visit WMagazine.com!

• Who is Fun. frontman Nate Ruess dating?- US Weekly
  • Ray J is being charged with 10 crimes- TMZ
  • The Bachelorette's Andi Dorfman addresses pregnancy rumors- Gossip Cop
  • Louie has been renewed for one more season- Entertainment Weekly
  • Miley Cyrus is the latest victim of an internet death hoax- Huffington Post
  • Read a recap for the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Genevieve Morton shows off her sexy bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

ummmm… not.

callmewhatever @ 05/21/2010 at 3:22 pm

He’s so adorable

rthfghfgh @ 05/21/2010 at 3:23 pm

people will know him as Dev I believe! he is good guy

patel! you rock, man!!!

There is ONE major problem Dev: you can’t act! He was my one problem with the film. I thought why give a film to an unknown who can’t carry his weight. Maybe just me, but I didn’t like him in Slumdog. I thought he looked too young for the part too.

He’s no longer known as that guy from Slumdog.

Now he’s the guy who somehow got Freida Pinto to go out with him.

LostAliasFan @ 05/21/2010 at 3:59 pm

@ck:

According to In Touch magazine, Dev will soon be also known as the guy who is taking Freida Pinto off the market by marrying her this summer in India.

Iffy Miffy @ 05/21/2010 at 4:01 pm

Not a good actor so doubt we’ll be seeing him in the future in anything of significance.

LostAliasFan @ 05/21/2010 at 4:15 pm

@Iffy Miffy:

Wow….Rob Pats can crash & burn in stinkers and still get roles, and Hollywood falls over themselves giving the twitards like Taylor Lautner and KStew pictures that make $1.99 profits, I can see why true talents like Dev go un-noticed!!

I will always know him as Anwar (from skins) Funny guy!

Well, I hope he does substantial stuff, and be known that way, instead of by the fluff that the Rob Pattinsons and Taylor Lautners of the world do. I’m not knocking Rob or Taylor because I like them, but they’re not exactly making incredible movies with substance. I liked Slumdog, and I thought he did well. I’d personally like to see him do well. And to everyone hating on him for nabbing a gorgeous woman like Freida: it’s called personality and confidence. Maybe if you develop a likable one, one day maybe you too can date a hot person.

@Eveline: yeah that was a funny character.. i love dev:)

Iffy Miffy @ 05/21/2010 at 5:41 pm

@LostAliasFan

Did I say RPats or Taylor were good actors?! I didn’t even mention them so vent your frustrations on someone else. They can’t act just like this guy can’t act and just like they are being carried along by the fame of Twit, he is being carried by the fame of Slumdog. Same fate awaits them all.

What a s swipe would yell “slumdog?” Poor guy. How effing difficult is it to learn someone’s name? Especially one as easy as Dev? Anyhow I thought he was fab. Look forward to his future roles!

who is this one hit wonder?

Love him!
Smart , nice and cute guy :)

@Eveline: That’s what I know him from even though I watched Slumdog before Skins. He’s talented to me and I can see him going far if he keeps choosing good roles and I’m happy for him and Freida. They show that having a positive and happy personality and being the social norm “good guy” actually works in the long run.

I’ve loved him ever since I saw him on Skins! He’s awesome.

i think he’s a cool guy and will go very far

He is awsome! He is a good actor, lay off him! I have loved him since first seeing him on Skins!