Madonna: Malawi Took A Giant Step Backward

Madonna: Malawi Took A Giant Step Backward

Madonna has sounded off on a recent Malawian court decision to throw a gay couple in jail for 14 years.

The Material Girl called it a “giant step backward” and said it should be reconsidered “in the name of human dignity”.

“I am shocked and saddened by the decision made… by the Malawian court, which sentenced two innocent men to prison. As a matter of principle, I believe in equal rights for all people, no matter what their gender, race, colour, religion, or sexual orientation.”

“Malawi took a giant step backward. The world is filled with pain and suffering; therefore, we must support our basic human right to love and be loved.

“I call upon the progressive men and women of Malawi – and around the world – to challenge this decision in the name of human dignity and equal rights for all.”

Madonna has adopted two children from Malawi, David and Mercy.

• Kourtney Kardashian celebrates the 35th birthday in a bikini- US Weekly
  • Cher Lloyd talks about her new music video for “Sirens”- Just Jared Jr
  • Michelle Obama will be visiting Nashville - Entertainment Weekly
  • How did Jennifer Garner look in 1999? - Huffington Post
  • Ryan Gosling is attending this year's Cannes Film Festival- Lainey Gossip
  • Constance Nunes shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
Katsaridoula @ 05/21/2010 at 11:29 am

Madonna, go away. Enough of you!!!

I’m with Madonna on this one. I’m happy someone is talking about this couple otherwise no one would bring them the world attention. This is so sad and wrong. I hope something can be done to free them .

uglyschoolteacher @ 05/21/2010 at 11:37 am

I also agree that Madonna needs to go away and mind her own business. I wish the United States would follow Malawi’s lead and jail homosexuals here. We have strayed so far from our Judeo Christian roots that its laughable. So I say hooray for Malawi and boo to homosexual deviants.

Yeah, they give a $hlt what Madonna thinks. Other countries don’t mess around-the law is the law & that’s all there is to it.

Good for them. Madonna is a has-been. homo’s are a sure sign of a decline in society.

jj take the damn thumbs up and down if your going to minupulate them yourself.

I can not believe this is happening in this century….

pamelawinston @ 05/21/2010 at 12:38 pm

Amen @ uglyschoolteacher and missy. I am sick and tired of everyone pushing the homosexual agenda in our face all the time. I was at a restaurant the other night and two men were sitting next to our table kissing and groping till my husband went over and said ” you two homos better stop before I whoop dat faggott azz.” The whole restaurant cheered and the two ****** ran off crying like a bunch of little sissies.

@# 3 uglyschoolteacher # 4 me >> are you the same person? Or there is more than one gay in the closet posting here?
This hate comes from your sexual frustation, really , just tell the world you are a *****, be happy and stop wishing bad things to people you don’t even know :)

BobThePlumber @ 05/21/2010 at 12:43 pm

hahahaha @ pamelawinston. Good for your husband. There is nothing worse than seeing two men all over each other. I applaud Malawi for having the courage to throw these homos in jail (eventhough a firing squad might even be better).

@pamelawinston: your husband is also a gay in the closet, this is why he got so mad, he wish it was him kissing another guy , but instead he had to dinner with a bitter b*tch like you ;)

the Count @ 05/21/2010 at 1:21 pm

@uglyschoolteacher: don’t forget jesus was a *** too

While I agree with Madonna completely, why did take make a similar statement and strong stance in support of gay marriage rights in California during Prop 8, in her OWN country??

Does this mean that we can stop financial aid to a country that violates the civil rights of its citizens.

@uglyschoolteacher @Bobtheplumber @pamelawinston @missy and @me

All the same person. Congratulations on your failed trolling. You gave it a good effort kiddo. Now get out.

Wow someone has bottled up homosexual feelings here. Just come out, mommie won’t disown you. On Malawi: I say we stop aid to Malawi until they repeal this and if not, Madonna close your school there. Period. All countries that violate Civil Rights should undergo the same thing. Of course, what do we do about the US Army?

go on Madonna!!!
they will be freed.

everything_but_the_girl @ 05/21/2010 at 4:16 pm

although I question the ethical grounds of homosexuality, i don’t agree on a conviction of jail sentence. However, what does she want us to do? economically sanction Malawi, well i’ll leave that to her megawatt star power that makes all level of existence kiss her feet. in the meantime, got bills to worry about

If you even read my comment, I didn’t mention the word gay. I was making the point that other countries don’t care what our ‘celebs’ have to say about their laws and the enforcement of them. Most of those countries are very strict over there-not wishy washy like the U.S. That’s my point-they don’t F around when it comes to breaking the law, people should take that into consideration when they’re breaking the laws of that country.

And I’m actually a live and let live-mind your own business kind of person. I support gay marriage fully. I don’t feel the need to post under different names to make my point, I’m not 12.

PDA is inaproppiate regardless of sexual preference. but jailing people for being gay is wrong.

The homophobic nerve. Why are you Prop8 c*nts even visiting JJ? Don’t you know that J… never mind. Dumb f*cks.

honeybear @ 05/21/2010 at 7:56 pm

If you think this story is interesting, check out invisiblechildren.com
it’s about children soldiers in africa that are being abducted every day because of one man named Joseph Kony who has created this rebel army…these children are forced to kill or hurt others
they don’t have a choice, because if they refuse to do kill others, then they will kill the child.
that number of people dying and being abducted are increasing every year….everyone here can help to stop it!! you’re not too young!

bigbuffitalian @ 05/22/2010 at 7:30 am

I dont see why there is so much hating on this issue. We are all GODs children and should love each other no matter what sexual orientation we happen to be. Unless your talking about wetbacks—even God hates wetbacks.

Madonna is nasty. I hate it when old people try to act young. Madonna needs to go back to the nursing home.

@ pamelawinston. I hate to tell you this but I just came from a website and saw your husband getting gangbanged by 23 guys and he looked like he was loving it. Oh well.

groovydude @ 05/22/2010 at 1:19 pm

wow man whats up with all the hate man. you all need to come by my pad and smoke some of this maui wowie man. expand your mind man and make love not war man. LOVE-PEACE-AND-HAIR-GREASE.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All