Britney Spears Dethrones Twitter King Ashton Kutcher

Britney Spears Dethrones Twitter King Ashton Kutcher

There’s a new Twitter queen in town!

One year ago, Ashton Kutcher beat CNN in the race to 1 million followers and continued to have the most followers in the Twitterverse. Until now!

Britney Spears has slowly been creeping up on Ashton‘s Twitter following and at the time of this posting, Britney has 4,939,603 followers and Ashton has 4,937,927.

Of note: Britney doesn’t tweet herself. Her team does it for her and her manager Adam Leber chimes in semi-often even though he has an account of his own. Brit also tweets an average of 1.7 tweets/day while Ashton averages 11.2.

Today, Ashton has been at a press junket for his new movie called Killers. He tweeted, “Second most pop question [has been] ‘What do you think about Britney having more followers than you?’ Answer: ‘I don’t care. Aren’t you suppose to be a movie reporter?’”

Britney can be followed @BritneySpears while Ashton can be found at @aplusk!

DO YOU THINK Britney will continue her reign as Twitter Queen?

• August Alsina has woken up from his three-day coma - TMZ
  • Justin Bieber has the new iPhone 6- Gossip Cop
  • Listen to Pia Mia's new song "Fill Me In"- Just Jared Jr
  • Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury did a duet together- Huffington Post
  • Watch a new trailer for A Most Violent Year- Lainey Gossip
  • David Ayer could be the director for Suicide Squad?- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Mayra Suarez shows off her amazing bikini body - Hollywood Tuna

who cares? @ 05/23/2010 at 8:38 pm

oh my god really? like seriously? who gives a shittt? so lame! ugh!

Michael Jackson would have had much more

offtheproperty @ 05/23/2010 at 8:42 pm

Ashton thinks he’s very Britney.

Queen!!!!!!!!

and she doesn’t even tweet! LEGEND <3

that sounds like a really bitter answer from him. not surprised as this is coming from someone who also complained about neighbors’ carpenters working at the god-forbidden time of 9am.

what a douche.

She deserves it. Such an icon.

Flairfive @ 05/23/2010 at 9:03 pm

Put on some pants! Your a mother!

Babyonemoretime... @ 05/23/2010 at 9:05 pm

OBVIOUSLY!! The queen of pop is always number 1, and secondly who gives a shiet about flopshton??? he should get a job and take care of his elderly mother, i mean lover!

Can’t wait for Queen Brit’s album this Fall! Is gonna be truly ICONIC! Watch out wannabes out there, the queen is coming like an effing hurricane to take you out!

iamAWESOME @ 05/23/2010 at 9:17 pm

it was meant to happen.

QUEEN,,,,,,,, I LOVE BRIT !!!

I n F a m o u s l y C o o l... @ 05/23/2010 at 9:41 pm

…hahahahahahahaah twitter’s for losers. and i love that old ass picture of britney! ahahahahahaa.. ashton’s a lame with a craap career. he needs twitter cause that’s all he has. and britney.. she’s too dumb to tweet. hahahahahaha.. we all know someone else writes her tweets the say way they write her music. these two slay me. hahahahahahahahaha

the_boyfriend @ 05/23/2010 at 9:42 pm

she does tweet Herself sometimes.
i like that her tweets are random and not often.

I think Ashton will definitely make a comeback and pretty quickly

@Babyonemoretime…:
yeah she’s being called the Queen of something she doesn’t do. Lame as his tweets might be, Ashton is actually the one doing them. Not his people like Queen BritBrit.

who is she??

she looks like queen of trash or something

Babyonemoretime... @ 05/23/2010 at 10:17 pm

@lucas- u mad floptina fan??? and goes to show that people care about britney to follow her knowing she tweets once in a while! besides iam glad she’s keeping a low profile and not whorrring herself out like other artists *cough,cough*( beyawnce, gag, etc.)

Why Jared…? Britney Spears hasn’t looked like that in YEARS.. Why post that picture..?

@Halli:

seriously? Britney is everywhere. Such an icon. those you b*tches are just jealous. it’s ok to not likin britney. but just go back to your cave where u need to belong.

lolzz,,, this girl is lack of intelligence to twit by herself. Such a shame when her fans are tryin so hard to keep her career back.. LMAO….

GAGA TEAM

@[marie]:
yeah she looks better than that and people know it. You must live under the r ocks or so?

@BeEeee:

gaga? lolz! talk about a weirdo – attention ***** lolz! ***** , pls. and britney’s fans >>>**** >> gaga’s fans. and u know it!

@BeEeee: WhoGa? Ya no FailGa fan stay mad.

IrrelevantGa will soon join Irrelevantina in the Has-Been City. Cuz ya no before the flop life Floptina used to make lots of hits ;) But unlike FailGa’s stupid cheap shallow lame songs, Floptina made decent music but who cares, BOTH are dust next to QUEENEY <3

BOW PLEASE!

@I n F a m o u s l y C o o l…:that’s the point, she doesn’t need to do sh*t and still no.1. It can only be Britney, legen, icon, and of course her fans. now STFU.

@BeEeee:

LOLOLOL Gaga? What the hell does that tranny has to do in a post about Bowney? Get a life desperate little monster :D

OMFG Bowney is driving you haters crazy! Keep on hating! And most importantly STAY MAD!

Hannah "REAL TALK" R. @ 05/23/2010 at 10:45 pm

Who cares they are both twitt who/re losers

Britney is Britney
psh, dnt compare her to Gaga
ahem ahem ….. i believe Gaga herself bows down to Britney

Britney Spears is a phenomenal icon.
thts all

@Hannah “REAL TALK” R.: U MAD FLOPTINA FAN? LIFE IS HARSH ON YOU WITH THE EPIC FLOP THAT IZ NOT MYSELF TONIGHT AND YOU HAVE TO PUT YOUR RAGE ON BRITNEY? AWWWWW POOR MAD FLAWPTINA FAN!!!! GUESS WHAT? STAY MAD LMAOOOOOOOOO

@Hannah “REAL TALK” R.: Britney was NEVER an attention w.****! It’s simple she doesn’t need that, she’s a widely recognized SUPERSTAR and an A-Listed from the beginning of her career up until now. NUFF SAID

lolll….. HER WHOLE Career is LIP SYN .. SUCH A JOKE ..and her fans are idiots and be treated all the time and treated on all her tours.. LMAO.. Have u ever heard John Mayer talked sh—-t abt her?

GAGA is replacing SH—-tney .. Poor you guys !!!!

LMAO MAD LITTLE MONSTERS @ 05/23/2010 at 10:59 pm

@BeEeee: LMAO STFU LITTLE MONSTER! FLOPGA LIP SYNCHS AS MUCH AS GODNEY AND SO DOES EVERYBODY ELSE! BRITNEY=MICHAEL JACKSON! BOTH HAVE TALENT BUT THEY R LAZY SO THEY LIP SYNCH AND STILL HAVE THE BIGGEST, MOST SOLD OUT TOURS CUZ THEY’RE LEGENDS!!!!!!!!! STAY MAD LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

@BeEeee: Desperate much? *rolls eyes* Pathetic gaga fans are so desperate!

I don’t understand why anyone would want to follow her on twitter when she doesn’t even post on it HERSELF. She can’t tweet, and she doesn’t sing live (probably because she CAN’T). How does she even have fans? She clearly doesn’t give a rat’s ass about them.

@Jasmine: She does tweet don’t get it twisted please. She does wish her fans good stuff occasionally, on mothers day for instance. She did sing live during her last concert, Everytime & You oughta Know, the rest she had lots of back tracks help so yeah it was semi-lipped but it was AMAZING, the show was BEYOND amazing, don’t speak about something you have no idea of please. Go and see her and then judge.

Thats your idea of news?

Sorry, A Legend, Icon? Who said that? who recognize?

If she is a legend who can;t sing, who can’t write her own songs –> then i can agree ..lmao
She is just a product in the music industry. I bet she is going to be forgotten sooon

@yo sista: The only thing she can do is dance. She can’t sing live, and I don’t need to waste my time or money on that. I’ve talked to enough people who have been moronic enough to waste theirs and go on to regret it because she can’t do sh-t. She should be someone’s backup dancer. That’s more suitable to her talents. And I used to be a fan, fyi, back when I was a kid and didn’t know any better. Now I’d rather spend my time and money on artists with actual talent and integrity. You should try it some time.

@Jasmine: she does tweet but only on special occasions, her tweeter is for professional reasons. shez an a listed, she won’t tweet about her private life DUH. She has fans because she’s sweet, talented (go to youtube and you’ll find plenty of videos where she’s singing live) and she’s pretty.
Plus someone like lady gaga who gets all that credit for being a “live singer” lip synchs ALOT, so really the whole britney is a lip syncher is a “myth” when you think about it. It’s like MJ being a pedo or idk! Britney does lip synch but so does EVERY single artist out there nowadays she’s just the only one being unfairly called out for it.

Ahh she had been already forgotten… That’s why her team is trying to make a new album for her… lollllzzzz

@BeEeee: THE ONLY PRODUCT IZ THE B§TCH U WORSHIP FLOPGA LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOBODY CARES ABOUT THAT HO ON TWITTER LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DOES SHE EVEN HAVE ONE MILLION FOLLOWER? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

@Jasmine: No honey, not trying to come off being b!tchy but sound like a hater to me. I went to a Britney concert FOUR times and i’ve never seen much excitement on one room before! even after the show was over everyone was blown away so ya i doubt anyone would go being “disappointed” from a show like that. And i went to see lots of other artists from Beyonce to Pink and Britney was my favorite. She sure can’t sing like Whitney but she’s britney and that’s what she got, if you don’t like it then don’t go as simple as that. IMO she has enough talent for me to go and see her. She’s amazing and i don’t give a Fùùk what anyone has to say.

her FANS are easy to maddd..LMAO…. coz they are scared of GAGA

GAGA team !!!

@Jasmine: STFU DONT PLAY THE “I ONCE WAS A FAN” CARD ITZ GETTING OLD! UR OBVIOUSLY A HATER STFU AND TO THA LEFT TO THA LEFT

@BeEeee: you’re the one here talking about your tranny on a britney post so you’re the one ‘scared’ pathetic troll

@Jasmine: Oh yeah she can do lots of ‘sh!ts’ you dumb hater. I went to see her on her dream within a dream tour and she danced her ass off and sang LIVE most of the time. She also writes and produces her own stuff, because Britney isnt gaga who mentions at every damn interview the songs she wrote. please do your researches before you open your hating mouth and talk sh!t.

@Swagger: Most pop artists who sing live still have their songs playing in the background because they’re usually dancing as well and need moments to catch their breath.

C’om on you guys are not exceptional.. U always go to talk sh—-t abt others artists… And we are here to pay back ! to your SHITNEY

Wannabe haters are so annoying! So not fierce at all. I miss the original trolls, new wannabes trolls are lame and uneducated. I’m outta here! Britney you ROCK!

@Jasmine: No they do lip sync! Stop talking as if she’s the ONLY one who does it. HATER

She does but as easy for you to ASSUME she lips, it’s hard to admit others do. You’re so lame. SCREAMS A HATER

Who cares? a LIP SYNC !!! from the beginning of her career.

@Swagger: …Stop talking as if you’re 12 years old. If she does sing live, post on here with a link of one. Go ahead, I’ll wait.

BRITNEY IS QUEEN OF TRAILER TRASH! HER FANS ARE MENTALLY DISABLED. HAVING ALL OF THOSE FOLLOWERS ISN’T GOING TO CHANGE THE FACT THAT SHE IS A TALENTLESS MENTALLY CHALLENGED TRAINWRECK.

Babyonemoretime... @ 05/24/2010 at 12:30 am

@[******] Mel- aww u mad? at least she’s the most successful recording artist of the past 2 decades and keeps having hits with everything she does…so why don’t u go back to buying floptina’s or flopga’s albums and STFU…cuz whatever anybody says, it will not erase the impact and legendary status she has around the world!
k bye ingnorantcunt!

floptina,flopgasuck @ 05/24/2010 at 12:34 am

@Mel: aww u mad? well at least britney is a legendary icon in the music industry with success in everything she does up until now, 11 yrs later…so why dont u go back to buying floptina’s or flopga’s snooze fest of albums and STFU!!!
k bye ignorantcunt!

She’s still a talentless ******.

britney’s fanbase consists of fatties lol

Catherine @ 05/24/2010 at 1:15 am

It doesn’t count if she doesn’t tweet herself!!!!! WTF so stupid to have a Twitter team to tweet for you.

GO BRIT!! She is and will always be the QUEEN!!

@Mo-Nique: Clearly you don’t have the intellectual capacity to understand that opinions and experiences can differ greatly from your own.
@yo sista: If you don’t give a f-ck what I have to say, simply don’t respond to me. Bright idea, no?
Children…”SMH”

Queen of SH_____T ; TALENTLESS SH_________T
HER Fans are the un-educated morons .. don;t know what the true music is… POOR ‘EM

Jaca Brit @ 05/24/2010 at 4:26 am

BRITNEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! <3

Love Britney, and I’m happy for her. But really? this is news?

Oh yea my a$$ that narcissist doesn’t care. He’s all save the world now. But what is he actually doing? He’s obsessed with himself and his twitter. Not long ago, he was pulling psychopathic pranks on people, that could have left a few in the hospital from the anxiety and panic he was putting them in. A psycho is as a psycho does. He is no enlightened human being. And no amount of Kabbalah is gonna change that.

Finally!! Let’s go to 5millions, before Lady Gaga catching up (early 4millions followers)! Ashton & Britney used to be good friends back in Punk’d! I think they would be a great couples, haha..

Obviously, Ke$ha sings better than this girl.

HELL YEAH! GO BRITBRIT

Ashton is douche as usual.

britney is queen as record sales and endorsments prove it,done and dusted……

@Jasmine: I’m responding to you because you’re lame argument is getting old and is beyond ridiculous. Stop embarrassing yourself and admit you’re a pathetic hater. “Children” is YOU having to click here to diss her.

Really sad she’s not allowed to tweet on her on..Mental Illness s*ucks!

from my POV all those none sense like people of the year by TIME (tila tequila was on it, n see now HAHA), n this twitter stuff..(heidi montag is raising HAHA)…. its just a nonesense cause tweeter got LOT OF SPAMM.. get a real life people…

Love you Brit forever!

@Jess: OH SHUT UP! If you follow what those dumb haters say, then you don’t know who the fu%§k BRITNEY SPEARS is! She’s more of an artist than any of those b!tches SO-CALLED artist, ever since she was a child she was BORN a talented kid: watch this and STFU:

Sick of dumb followers talking and not even knowing what they’re talking about.

She’s not some manufactured pop star like she’s often being represented by some idiots. She’s an innate talent with lots of charisma and a good heart. Get a life and stop hating on her. How can some one like her has haters, you b*****s are jealous haters.

- britneyspears

WOW!!!!! #1 on Twitter! Thank you! Tweet me some questions this morning! xoxo -Brit -

See, she just tweeted to thank her fans! Dumb trolls SHUT IT.

Britney Spears Queen !

@cindy: Ya No TrannyGa’s fanbase consists of weirdo losers who think they’re so kool. ;)

LongIslandKid @ 05/24/2010 at 4:45 pm

OMFG GODNEY IZ HAVING A LIVE CHAT WITH HER FANz RI_GHT NAWWWWWWWWWWWW OMFG OMFG OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHUT DA FUNCK UP DUMB HOES GODNEY IS TWEETING DEM FANz NAW! U MAD LITTLE MONSTERz FLOPGA AIN’T TWEETING YOUR ASSEZ? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~

_____________
LongIslandKid.

LongIslandKid @ 05/24/2010 at 5:19 pm

Britney’s entire Twitter interview – 24th May 2010

Do you like glee?
I love Glee, the cast is so talented.

What was your favorite part about the Circus Tour?
The pre shows are my favorite, they always hype me up.

Which sex in the city ladies is your favorite?
I like Carrie – I love her clothes and shoes!

You’re stranded on an island – what 3 items would you take?
I couldn’t live without my boots, water and my cd collection.

When will you come to latin america?
I would love to go, I just didn’t have time during the last tour. I’ll try to come next time!

I can’t wait for a new album – when will we get it?
It’s a surprise!

What is your favorite city?
I like New York, but I also LOVE London! Thats a tough one because there are so many cities I love.

If you could duet with any artist who would it be?
Would love to do a duet with Robbie Williams… where are you? lol

you are awesome! #1 on twitter! What is your favorite thing to do with your sons?
Ahh…Thank you! I love to take my boys on car drives, and sing songs to them about Mary Poppins that I make up.

do you ever read tweets from your fans?
well i’m reading yours! xoxo

Whats your favorite Song from all your Albums?
My favorite song is Toxic

What made you decide to get a twitter account?
my management told me it would be great way to connect with my fans and they were right it is!

Coffee or Icecream? Ballads or Uptempo? taking a picture yourself or doing a photoshoot? Internet or TV?
icecream, uptempo, PHOTOSHOOTS!, TV

Thanks everyone this was fun! You guys asked some great questions and lets do this again soon. Bye! xoxox – Brit

OMFG OMFG OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_____________
LongIslandKid. ~

Britney is the only deserving queen!

YAY!!!! go brtiney

yes!!!! you rock britney!!!! :)

what da f**ck are you talking about??,
BRITNEY DOES TWEET BUT SHE DONT DO IT EVERYDAY! AND I LIKE IT BECAUSE IF SHE DID IT EVERYDAY IT WOULD NOT BE SPECIAL!

love you brit! Shes just like us. So down to earth

As a fellow professional from the style marketplace, I discovered your net internet site to be useful. I’ve constantly been in appreciate with trend all my lifestyle so I’ve formulated a forum for marketplace experts to return collectively and talk about all issues vogue. I’ve gained a couple perfect suggestions for my world-wide-web page from reading this

Its Pleasure to go through your blog.The above articles is incredibly impressive, and I actually enjoyed reading your weblog and points that you expressed. I really enjoy to arrive back on a normal basis,post much more for the topic.Thanks for sharing…maintain writing!!!