Alexander Skarsgard: I'm A Drug To Myself

Alexander Skarsgard: I'm A Drug To Myself

True Blood hunk Alexander Skarsgard joins fellow drama actors for an Emmy Roundtable at Chateau Marmont on April 26 in Los Angeles.

The Hollywood Reporter organized the sit-down, which also included Lost‘s Matthew Fox, Mad Men‘s Jon Hamm, Breaking Bad‘s Bryan Cranston, Men of a Certain Age‘s Ray Romano and White Collar‘s Matt Bomer.

When asked if he watches his own show, Alex shared, “I do. I’m like a drug to myself. (laughs) I did movies in Sweden before I came over here, and I would never watch dailies because I didn’t want to see myself in the character. But that obviously had to change (on a series) because I couldn’t wait seven years until the show’s over to go back and watch it. I still don’t watch the monitors; but when the season airs, I do watch it.”

Click inside to watch the roundtable. It’s great interaction between all the guys!

Emmy Roundtable — Drama Actors Part 1

Emmy Roundtable — Drama Actors Part 2

Emmy Roundtable — Drama Actors Part 3

Christopher Polk/Getty

Pages: « 1 2 [3] Show All
LEONARDO DICAPRIO FAN @ 05/27/2010 at 2:57 am

Regarding JJ:
i honestly think JJ is just trying to make some money. That means advertising. And people will advertise on your site only if it is visited. So JJ obviously tries to write about people, who have some fan bases and have more comments. because that means those people will also see the advertise on the page.
This is why Jj writes more about some models and actors than others.
AS is obviously interesting to people, whether with his personal life or career. He gets comments. So until he keeps on getting attention, I think the press will continue writing about him.

You're Kidding, Right? @ 05/27/2010 at 5:53 pm

The Hollywood Reporter needs to be much more discriminating in their choice of participants for future roundtables. Mixing this d-list loser with those A-list television actors was really pathetic. I can think of numerous truly worthwhile TV actors who should have been there instead of AS.

Airhead Alex @ 05/28/2010 at 3:47 am

OMG, I didn’t know he was such an airhead! I love you Alex but you’re kinda dumb, sweetie. :(

Matt Bomer = HOTNESS @ 05/28/2010 at 3:48 am

Is it me or is Matt Bomer is even finer that Alex? UNF UNF UNF

Matt Bomer EMMY @ 05/28/2010 at 3:50 am

@Cheery: Thomas Gibson is ugly!! He’s the guy from Dharma and Greg. I think Matt Bomer should win an Emmy!

Small brown head on Alex @ 05/28/2010 at 3:56 am

@Willow: “LOL That Alex guy has such a small head, does not look good with brown hair why is he no longer blonde? Matt Bomer looks hot!!!”

I KNOW THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING. WHY IS ALEX’S HEAD SO SMALL AND HIS HAIR BROWN????

Alex has a horrible geek laugh @ 05/28/2010 at 4:22 am

Is it just me or does Alex look mentally slow when he laughs? Look at the video where Jon Hamm makes that joke about Ray Romano getting high at Griffith Park. Alex leans his head forward like a turtle and starts laughing in such a geeky way. He actually looks like he has a learning disability when he does that.

NO MORE SWEDEN PICS @ 05/28/2010 at 4:37 am

@@Lamsie: “Oh, and by the way, what happened to the papp feeding frenzy that was going on? You think that just spontaneously stopped becasue they ran out of film for their cameras? Maybe somebody thought it would be a good idea to stop chumming the water before they ended up as shark bait, so to speak.” Your comment is spot on. I did wonder why there are no more KB Sweden pics and you’re right. It’s b/c people are starting to think poorly of Alex and more of those pics will only be bad for him and his show.

ALEX WEIRD TURTLE NECK LAUGH @ 05/28/2010 at 4:41 am

Please, Alex, don’t ever laugh like that again. The jutted forward turtle neck and the very exposed overbite when you laugh in that way make you look sooooo bad.

MattFox = No / MattBomer = YES @ 05/28/2010 at 5:07 am

@Muse: Mathew Fox has the most boring plain face I’ve ever seen in my life. And he always looks sad and worried. Even his comments in this video seem like he’s always so negative about everything. Mathew Bomer looks vibrant and positive.

Don't forget: @ 05/28/2010 at 8:47 am

The EMMYs are not a beauty contest.

Carla Nelson @ 05/28/2010 at 8:58 am

I totally agree with you #46 because Hollywood is full of sexy bad boy actors. He can’t act to me I would like to see more action in his role rather than just sit around and give orders. He is still not well known and the people who are his cast members are not that known either. When you are not that well known and make a reputation for yourself and getting all that negative publicity it can hurt your career because you will get skipped over for movie parts. I remember the time when a person had a scandal on them or dating someone considered box office poison the PR person would tell you that because of certain company you keep you would not be able to get a part. Those directors didn’t play back then when it came to their moives. Simply but they would tell you I’m not going to let you f up my movie. The PR person would tell you if you are gonna date get somebody with a clean background because you will not get the role if you don’t and you did it even though you didn’t like it.

EMMY Beauty Contest @ 05/28/2010 at 5:31 pm

@Don’t forget:: I disagree. People like pretty. Humans are by nature very visually oriented, that goes for both men and for women.

As usual, Matt Bomer carries himself so well – inteligent, classy, gorgeous with the acting skills to back it up. He deserves an emmy nod as he has created the best new character on TV this year. He makes the others seem like also-rans! His spectacular looks are just icing on the cake.

Ah the beautiful Bomer – no one like him…

cherry weeks @ 06/04/2010 at 2:22 am

Matt Bomer is like a breath of fresh air. It wasn’t till I saw the pilot of White Collar that I came to this realisation. He had me going “wow, this guy’s hot!” The last time I felt that way was watching Jensen Ackles for the first time on Supernatural. These two are clearly the most beautiful men on TV now. One with eyes so blue; the other with soulful eyes and to-die-for full lips. And I think it’s hot that Matt Bomer is openly gay.

Thank you for another fantastic weblog.Wherever else could I get this kind of information and facts written in such an incite complete way? I have a project that I am just now functioning on, and i’m sure this can help me a great deal..and I have been looking for this kind of information and facts since from couple of days….Thanks!!!!!

Pages: « 1 2 [3] Show All