Dear John is out on DVD and Blu-Ray today, and JustJared.com has picked five awesome tearjerker films that are as heart-wrenching as Savannah and John’s story.
5) Million Dollar Baby – Hilary Swank admitted she cried after reading the script, and she took home an Oscar for her portrayal of a boxer with big dreams and an even bigger heart.
4) A Walk to Remember - Mandy Moore makes Shane West promise he won’t fall in love with her (he fails!). Even when she tells him her devastating secret, he stays by her side.
3) My Girl - Anna Chlumsky plays a girl dealing with her mother’s death. Her close friend, played by Macauley Culkin, is “allergic to everything”. When he gets stung by a bee…
2) Titanic – Neeeeearrrr, faaaaaarrrr, wherever you aaaaare…Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio fall for each other just before the boat sinks. You do the math.
1) The Notebook - Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling‘s characters fell for each other despite their differences – and audiences bawled by the end of the movie!
FYI: Amanda Seyfried is wearing a sonyarenee “Love” Pendant.
Like Just Jared on Facebook