ALIAS Reboot in the Works!

ALIAS Reboot in the Works!

One of the greatest TV series of all time, J.J. Abrams’ Alias, is reportedly being rebooted.

Although an insider tells E! that “nothing is even close to being anything official yet.”

The new version of Alias would “borrow some elements of the original series that starred Jennifer Garner (and Michael Vartan, Victor Garber and Bradley Cooper). But the series would most likely not include any sort of complex mythological throughline such as the Rambaldi prophecy (a storyline that lost some of the fans).”

More Sydney Bristow? Sign us up!

ARE YOU EXCITED to watch Alias 2.0???

Photos: ABC
Posted to: Alias, Jennifer Garner, Michael Vartan

• Chris Brown and Drake are collaborating on a track together- TMZ
  • Cory Monteith's dad opens up on his death after one year- Gossip Cop
  • Luke Mitchell has signed on to star in Members Only- Just Jared Jr
  • When will Blake Lively go live with her new lifestyle website?- Lainey Gossip
  • Mariel Booth shows off her bikini body- Hollywood Tuna

Work it Jennifer!! You actually make the name Jennifer great =) rather than some sunburned leathery skin jen.

allspice30 @ 05/27/2010 at 6:12 pm

GO FOR IT!!!!

if jennifer garner, michael vartan, and victor garber were all in the new one then by all means YES.. but i have the feeling that won’t be the case.

Hell YES!!!!!!! I love this show!!!

I n F a m o u s l y C o o l @ 05/27/2010 at 6:23 pm

..Jennifer Garner always seemed like such a bad actress to me. i’ve never seen Alias but people speak as if it was the great show in TV history. seriously, what has she ever been good in?!? ahahahaha..

OMG! I love that show! I hope that Jennifer Garner, Michael Vartan ,Victor Garber can be there! Jennifer Garner is my favourite actress!!! =)
I will be one of those people that you will see that show (again)! =D

yes yes yes…Alias is by far the best series, i have the box set twice, i know freak

best show EVER!

yes! yes! YES!

One of the best shows ever made? Please!!!

Seems like network television is having a hard time coming up with original dramas.

flirtlikecrazy @ 05/27/2010 at 7:10 pm

OMG! C’mon, not again! Why those screenwriters get paid for when they just keep “re-booting” whilst those labeled as “original” are not at all original? The first 3 seasons were once thrilling, but it dried out pretty fast after Cooper’s gone, Vartan’s gone & Garner was pregnant. The last 2 seasons were totally boring *****.

Currently watching season 1 of Alias, because I missed it when it was originally on air. So far, it has become my favorite tv show and it made me change my opinion about Jen Garner, who I could not stand as an actress but totally love now since I’ve seen her play Sydney Bristow. But I dont know, Jen Garner, Michael Vartan and Victor Garber cannot be surpassed, they were soo amazing in Alias. But I love the Sydney Bristow storyline so much, I might watch it.

i didnt know they could reboot old series…loved alias, but in this case if we’re rebooting series how about the west wing?! or even everwood??!

omg i loved that show so much!!! It is still one of my faves ever!!!!! I would beyond love another!!! I know it won’t happen but i wish she could be in it again somehow, like a mentor or something, so we could get a look into how Syd and Vaughn have been doing all this time!!! Uhhh i miss Alias soooo much!!!!

there’s so many cool things to be done, why re-do this ??
plus there’s only one sydney bristow : jennifer garner !

It was and still is one of favorite shows. I hope it kicks butt!

Yes. I would definately watch. Alias was my favorite show. I hadn’t heard of Jennifer Garner before Alias, but she became my favorite actress afer I watched the first episode. I hated to see the show come to an end.

that would be awesome if Alias Came back!!! I love this show

You're Right @ 05/27/2010 at 10:19 pm

I loved the show but wasn’t a fan of the Rambaldi storyline. I would definitely watch it if it came on again.

SOOOOSOOOSOOO EXCITED!

SOOOOSOOOSOOO EXCITED!

Noooooooooo…..The original series was great..I loved it but why reboot it????

Plus, it wont have the original cast which made it good in the first place so I cant see it being as good.

Leave it alone.

This is an incredible show. The only way this would work is if you bring back Victor Garber, Michael Vartan, and Jennifer Garner.

The cast was incredible and was magic. You have to have them back

Yes…yes…yes!

Must-Have cast: Jen Garner, Michael Vartan, and Rachel Nichols.

Bonus: Carl Lumbly and Kevin Weisman.

mrs. right @ 05/28/2010 at 12:09 am

I loved the series – it started off so strong, then kind of fell apart. Without the greater story arc of the whole Rambaldi plotline, it was just a serial spy caper. They never did sufficiently explain the whole Rambaldi thing – Sloan in the last episode reveals that he’s still alive – as a throw away line!! WTH?!

Seriously, doesn’t anyone in Hollywood have any original ideas? Of course, if it was well done with a great story, I’d tune in. Only time will tell.

YES YES YES, I never comment, but I just HAD to this time, PLEASE start it up again, this would be amazing. Just so amazing. :)

It fell apart once Garner suggested that her pregnant self continued to be the spy and jumped the shark! She’s not coming back for this – she’s a fame, money power ***** who married Ben for what he can give her ALIST stuff. She’s nothing without him and looks the other way as he messes around. Small town slu….mber party.

Alias Fan @ 05/28/2010 at 1:16 am

I heard it’s with a young Sydney. Jen gets more from Ben I agree BUT so does Katie Holmes. They need to do what they can to keep relevant in Hollywood. Too bad small town girls .Tonight they even introduced her as Ben’s wife on tv.

Not-sooooooooo excited ! I mean I loooved Alias because of the actors, the creator and the myth ! C’mon, if you change the writers/creator/actors and don’t include the myth… you have what ? Right, you have Charlie’s Angels !

radiodept @ 05/28/2010 at 3:29 am

As long as Vaughn (Vartain) stays out of it, I’ll tune in.

hong kong @ 05/28/2010 at 4:32 am

There is only ONE Sydney Bristow and that is Jennifer Garner. They can reboot it (which I think is a totally stupid idea since the story has been told) as long as Jen is in and plays Syd. Better make an ALIAS movie or tv film, that would be awesome!

I really liked Alias, hopefully this spin-off does the original justice.

Why do these HW people feel the need to reboot anything? Can’t they come up with new concepts? These reboots usually last 1-2 seasons, at most. And most times they are inferior to the original. Why bother? Think of new stuff, please!

ilove ALIAS…….im so EXCITED……

ilove ALIAS………..im so EXCITED to watch it again!!!!!!!!!!!

I always said they should flashforward where Sydney’s daughter is now an agent who is still trying to track down Sark and avenge her grandfather’s death.

That would be awesome!

I thought J.J. is already working on a new agent tv show!?

HELL YEAH!
I LOVE ALIAS!
AND I LOVE JENNIFER GARNER!

While the first 2 seasons were amazing, the show quickly went down hill. S3 had some good moments, but the rest of it sucked sooo bad. Leave it dead where it lies.

this is a reboot so its unlikely that any of the original cast would be in it.

it would be Alias with new actors and no myth.

so why make it at all.

why not, wild idea, make a show that is about a CIA team that has among its members a kick ass, able to fight, strong, smart woman who is a master of disguises and specializes in (often deep) undercover ops.

totally different name to the show, to the characters etc. and never ever ever market it as ‘the next Alias’ or ‘Alias 2.0′

OMG !!! i’m sooo excited it will be great to see Michael Vartan again!!<3

so excited if its with the same cast! favorite show

I loved Alias soo much, but if the original cast is not in the reboot, then it doesnt make sense at all to make it.
We loved Alias in Spain!! Jen was great and Michael so handsome

I’m confused about the show

Michael Vartan sucks big time @ 05/29/2010 at 10:42 am

No one could play Syd as Jen did, it will be a total failure. At least they should keep this freak (aka Michael Vartan) out of it. he is such an eyesore, cant stand him!

Like Ben Affleck would ever let his wife work with Michael Vartan again!! He knows first-hand how Jen Garner can’t keep her hands off her TV co-stars, e.g. Scott Foley and Michael Vartan. It’s Ben that was behind getting Vartan fired from Alias in the first place.

Ben-Affleck-SUCKS!!! @ 05/29/2010 at 7:15 pm

@Danica: Like Ben does keep his hands off? LoLZzZzZZzZzZ….He has “taken” half Hollywood! He is a womanizer, but yet so freaking ugly! Anyways, Jen surely deserves something better than him……..

Only if they have Jack Bristow in it and ONLY i they fix the freakin’ stupid ending which had Irina as the bad guy…..WHAT THE HELL? Still never understood how they got to THAT ending :(

Bring it back if the original remaining cast is going to be on it but if they are just casting new ppl and not bringing the old cast back, no thanks to that.

This show was the best ever on TV. The chemistry of the cast was off the charts off screen and it showed on screen. I would tune in even with a partial or total new cast to see what they could do with it, it was that good.

@mike: I agree it was the best show ever. But I am sure they could never get the original core cast back again, ie Jennifer Garner, Victor Garber, Ron Rifkin and Michael Vartan. As earlier poster noted, Garner will probably never work with Vartan again, plus she is now a “movie star” and would not want to return to television. Victor Garber and Ron Rifkin are both very busy with other projects on Broadway and on TV and Michael Vartan would probably prefer to forget Alias ever happened after the debacle of his being dumped by Garner for Ben Affleck and then getting fired from the show only to be brought back as a so-called special guest star when nobody on the show wanted him but his fans insisted. I am not sure I would watch with a different cast, but we’ll see what happens if anything.

the story must continue, isabella will be a spy and she must finish with the rambaldy story (kill sloane..) with her parent’s help.
I want all the people that was in the first TV serie.
Marshall’s son will be isabella’s boyfriend and he’ll very clever as his dad but very handsome =D

absolutley, YES.
I want the original cast, please please please. Make the last Rambaldi’s line and bring back Jack Bristow XD
I miss Syd, Vaughn, Jack, Dixon, Marshall, Weiss…even Sloane and Sark!

Yes, I would love to see ALIAS again. It was and still is an amazing show. With the original cast would be amazing, if you change the cast it will not be as good. The original cast was amazing and made it Believable. It needs to come back. Of course everyone wants to see the show again. Please consider it coming back!!!! It truly is an amazing show