Evan Rachel Wood & Kate Winslet Shoot Mildred Pierce

Evan Rachel Wood & Kate Winslet Shoot Mildred Pierce

Evan Rachel Woods and co-star Kate Winslet film their new HBO miniseries, Mildred Pierce, Uptown Manhattan and Queens on Thursday (May 27).

In the 1930s-set drama, Kate stars as the title character, a single mother in middle-class Los Angeles during the Great Depression who is trying to earn her daughter’s love. Todd Haynes (I’m Not There) is directing.

15+ pictures inside of Evan Rachel Wood and Kate Winslet filming Mildred Pierce

evan rachel wood kate winslet 14
evan rachel wood kate winslet 15
evan rachel wood kate winslet 16
evan rachel wood kate winslet 17
evan rachel wood kate winslet 18
evan rachel wood kate winslet 19

Credit: Meet The Famous, Fame Pictures, Jose Perez; Photos: Getty, SplashNewsOnline
Posted to: Evan Rachel Wood, Kate Winslet

• Kendra Wilkinson opens up about her marriage to Hank Baskett- US Weekly
  • American Idol alum Josh Gracin apologizes for his suicide note- TMZ
  • Watch Kevin Spacey impersonate Bill Clinton in a House of Cards spoof- Gossip Cop
  • Lucy Hale is hosting the 2014 MTV VMAs Pre-Show- Just Jared Jr
  • Craig Ferguson is about to land a new syndicated show- Entertainment Weekly
  • Watch a touching tribute for Robin Williams- Huffington Post
  • Joey Lauren Adams looks amazing in a jumpsuit- Lainey Gossip
  • Paul Giamatti is going to star in Straight Outta Compton - The Hollywood Reporter
  • Pascal Craymer keeps it super sexy during a workout- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
Iffy Miffy @ 05/27/2010 at 5:34 pm

Everything aside, ERW looks quite beautiful in that head shot.

incognito @ 05/27/2010 at 5:49 pm

Kate and Evan look the same age in those pics.

She can now be retro girl as she always wanted and not be compared to Dita…

high five @ 05/27/2010 at 5:52 pm

Is that Evan Rachel Wood?
She has a very manly jaw.

That’s a nice wig Wood’s wearing but she doesn’t look so good here:

THIS IS MAJOR. I just hope not a flop.

@LA: thats not a wig.

I think you mean Kate Winslet and ERW Shoot Mildred Pierce.

@high five: Yep it’s her. I’ve never found her pretty but at least she’s not wearing her usual thousand pounds of makeup.

youmeanitlkeme @ 05/27/2010 at 6:22 pm

Kate Winslet is so stunningly gorgeous, but I seriously don’t understand why they’re trying to fugly her up in this TV show. All the papazzari pics I see taken of her while shooting this show is just filled with hideous outfits and a horrible brown wig.

I know that Mildred is supposed to Glam it Up once she actually gets a job – when is THAT?

I miss Kate and her blonde hair already.

the girl in blue has some THICK legs!!

Couldn’t they have given the part to an actress who is actually old enough to be ERW’s mother? Or is this simply Emmy and Golden Globe bait for Kate?

lexy hates bilson @ 05/27/2010 at 8:24 pm

Love to see 2 talented actresses on JJ!! There aren’t enough of them on this board!!

I can’t wait for this.

I love the Joan Crawford movie. They better not frack this up!

I recently finished the book….my oh my, Evan looks perfect for the part. She’s proven to act and she can definitely showcase the enormous ***** Veda was throughout the book. Some of the things her character does and says, as well as the way she treats her mother, are truly appalling. I don’t get the ‘they look the same age!’ comment either. Um, what? Kate has fine lines and wrinkles, she looks like the way her character is for most of the story, which is mid to late 30s. Evan looks like a 20 something, which is the age of the character she’s playing. Two different actresses (the other one is in the blue dress) are playing Veda at different ages.

Wood looks around 30 years old. Thank God they toned down her makeup. She was looking super rough for a 22 year old. How old is Winslet’s character? Winslet looks around 35-40 even with the bad clothes and makeup.

I’m looking forward to this. Winslet is a great actress and can assume just about any role and Wood won’t have to do much acting to play a bit.ch like Veda.

snowconebone @ 05/27/2010 at 11:13 pm

Kate Winslet is UGLY

This film will NEVER be as good as the original. NEVER NEVER NEVER

Keep it Real @ 05/28/2010 at 12:09 am

Yup, Kate Winslet is a REAL actress. She wont mess this up. I dunno about ERW but she was okay in a few things. This is supposed to be like the book NOT that older movie. The book even has incest hints etc. This could be great.

@high five: Yeah, she does have a dude face but pretty eyes though.

Filling the shoes of Joan Crawford in this flick won’t be one easy task, if they are as good as the original.

@snowconebone: Wood is FUGER.

twenty-two @ 05/28/2010 at 1:09 am

If I didn’t know Evan’s age, I’d think she was about 35 in that photo. Her and Kate should be playing sisters.

Evan seems to have the requisite bitchiness needed for the role and Kate is a great actress so this should be good.

@high five: Uh huh. She still looks like a drag queen.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All