Celine Dion: Twins on Board!

Celine Dion: Twins on Board!

Celine Dion is expecting twins and is already 14 weeks along, her rep Kim Jakwerth confirms.

The 42-year-old Canadian chanteuse became pregnant after attempting her sixth in-vitro fertilization and turning to acupuncture to improve her chances of a pregnancy.

“We’re ecstatic,” her husband/manager Rene Angelil tells People. “Celine is just hoping for a healthy pregnancy. She was hoping for one baby and the news that we are having two is a double blessing.”

The twins will be joining big brother Rene-Charles, 9.

Congrats to the happy family!

ABC

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

I am really happy for her because this is what she’s been trying for so long,but he’s 68 ,that really going to be unfair on these children not having a dad around for long

These celeberties having twins be it with ivf or not is getting so old and repetitive in hollywood

I’m happy for her as well, but it’s so weird the way her husband says “she wanted a baby, she was hoping”, like he himself… didn’t.

Iffy Miffy @ 05/31/2010 at 6:28 am

I wish her a healthy pregnancy and healthy babies, best of luck!

++Logan++ @ 05/31/2010 at 6:47 am

Oh i wish they didn’t announce it, because she unfortunately has been devastated due to a miscarriage in the past. They should wait a bit longer before announcing it. I really hope the children survive and are born happy and healthy.

Good Luck and Congratulations :)

Oh, what for a gorgeous news! During I heard the song “You and I” I read this :). But I wanna see Celine in Vegas next year. I think it isn’t possible. Very sad…

Wish these twins will stick in her skinny and old uterus during 9 months. Last ones were really afraid by it on only few weeks of sticking inside. And wish Rene will live until babies will walk too.

I hope things go well this time. It’s great news for them.

ouch don’t be so rough losses can happen at any age look at Vanessa Redgrave for instance she lost her fourth child at age 34 after the shooting for the film Mary Queen Of Scots wrapped in about february 1971 about as pregnant as Celine is now granted she had 3 children at that point aged 8,6,& 2 correct that would be Natasha Jane Richardson born May 11th 1963 Joely Kim Richardson born January 9th 1965 from her marriage to oscar winning director Anthony “Tony” Richardson and a Son from her then lover current husband Franco Sparanero named Carlo Gabriel Nero born September 16th 1969 and the one they lost would’ve been a second son

Good Luck to Celine with this pregnancy though I too feel like they announced it too early after what they went through last time with the miscarriage as after a loss like that at any age your skittish to say anything about the new pregnancy or enjoy it worring about what if it happens again as for example Joanne Woodward here when she was nearly 6 months preggers with her oldest daughter Nell who was her first successful pregnancy after a traumatic late term miscarriage during her & Paul’s London Honeymoon almost 11 months before this interview
[IMG]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/siunavez/Picture4-1.jpg[/IMG] of course back then you couldn’t say Pregnant on TV or in print but she mentioned it when she said that her favorite child until Nell arrived was the oscar she’d won for best actress for the movie The Three Faces Of Eve the previous march just weeks after the loss of their first child

Caty - Dara @ 05/31/2010 at 9:47 am

Congrats!
I wish her the best :)

I’m worried about this, she’s had miscarriages in the past. I hope this doesn’t jinx it or anything.

Congrats Celine & Rene!

Good things for good people.

I’m happy for Celine! it was time to have a lucky
after trying both. Congratulations!

i wish them NOTHING

Why didn’t she just adopt if she wanted kids so bad? There are plenty of unwanted kids of all colors, races, nationalities etc in the world that NEED a good home. With the money she spent on IV, she could have probably adopted at least ten kids.

@troi:or at least get a face transplant

I’m so happy for them. She is such a down to earth and honest lady, and it’s so great that she isn’t afraid to share details with the world. She is optimistic and believes in things happening if you try hard enough. I can’t wait to see her with a belly :-) So happy for them

congrats Celine, when I knew it I just jump of my chair, I wish you all the bless!

That’s lovely news…I do think maybe waiting a little bit longer was probably best due to previous problems but I can see that it was lovely news and they wanted to share it.

I love Celine and I bet she’s a great mum so I wish her all the best with the pregnancy.

the truth @ 05/31/2010 at 4:03 pm

She don’t need anymore kids don’t you think?

angel of darkness @ 05/31/2010 at 5:37 pm

congrates to celine!

Congrats to the three of them!!!!! I hope she has a wonderful pregnancy!

CanadaGirl @ 05/31/2010 at 6:44 pm

@++Logan++: Agreed. I think it was a bit too soon.
Unless of course she’s further along than she indicated and will “miraculously” lose the baby weight really quickly.

Yaay!! I’m so happy for them. I’m praying that this pregnancy is successful and and she carries them to term and she has two beautiful, bouncing babies.

I wish them every happiness!

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All